RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

would it be possible to release the guild from the core

Phantom

Knight
this.Person=Person.Leet; said:
we have use for the core

?????

Again the Guild class is most likely part of the core. So this post is pointless if it is. I don't see even if it isn't why you cant make a child guild class and edit the guilds that way...

HellRazor

Knight
Phantom said:
HellRazor said:
The thing is, not everyone (like me for instance!) knows that the basic engine can be used without actually taking it out of the core. Still learning the emulator and the scripting language. :)

A better answer would be "there's really no need to take it out of the core, all you need to do is (insert simple explanation here)". :) Not baggin on ya, its just that we're not as knowledgeable as some of you guys and can use the help so we're not making things harder on ourselves than we need to.

I said it was not needed, I didn't give an example because I don't want to give you an example, because that would require me to give you a working example. That means I have to spend an hour to figure out what would be correct.

You didn't have to give a working example, you could just state the method by which it is possible, like "You can inherit the base class" or what have you.

Thats to much work for just one post, I have no use for that.

Then why post or reply at all? I mean honestly, a lot of your replies don't really give any helpful information. Again, not trying to bag on you, but many of your replies are either too vague or just flat out unhelpful (i.e., "Is there a way to do this?" "Yes." What's up with that?). Not sure why you want to spend the effort to post stuff like that, its not helpful. (That's not to say ALL of your posts are unhelpful, a lot of them are helpful too.)

HellRazor

Knight
Phantom said:
we have use for the core

?????

Again the Guild class is most likely part of the core. So this post is pointless if it is. I don't see even if it isn't why you cant make a child guild class and edit the guilds that way...

This is what I mean, this is helpful, it states how it is possible to do it without having to post any example at all. It steers us in the right direction so we can hopefully figure it out.

HellRazor said:
Then why post or reply at all? I mean honestly, a lot of your replies don't really give any helpful information. Again, not trying to bag on you, but many of your replies are either too vague or just flat out unhelpful (i.e., "Is there a way to do this?" "Yes." What's up with that?). Not sure why you want to spend the effort to post stuff like that, its not helpful. (That's not to say ALL of your posts are unhelpful, a lot of them are helpful too.)
there isnt any real truth to that. every answer phanton has ever given me has helped me right along to do what i need to do. none of us have time to think of a script/example in our heads to point something out. vague descriptions force you to think for yourself instead of getting a handout. that way you can figure this stuff out on yourself without runing to the mb for help..

Phantom

Knight
HellRazor said:
Phantom said:
we have use for the core

?????

This is what I mean, this is helpful, it states how it is possible to do it without having to post any example at all. It steers us in the right direction so we can hopefully figure it out.

I said that three times.

You just didn't hear me or didn't read the into what I said far enough. You know why I won't do it? Because you won't learn if I do it. Plus I have no use for it so why should I?

But does that mean just because I am not going to edit the guild class I shouldn't try to help you?

Your wacky, your all over the place :shock:

HellRazor

Knight
What you think you are saying and what people are interpreting are often two different things.

But ANYWAY... :p

Phantom

Knight
HellRazor said:
What you think you are saying and what people are interpreting are often two different things.

But ANYWAY... :p

Not my fault... I try my best to explain stuff without having to use programming words, not that I know any :oops: