RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

would this be cool?

Would you like to see a futuristic shard?

• yes

Votes: 30 35.7%
  • no

Votes: 15 17.9%
  • stupidist idea i have ever herd.

Votes: 26 31.0%
  • i dont really know or care.

Votes: 13 15.5%

• Total voters

Admin Drizzt

Wanderer
would this be cool?

Making a futuristic shard, with guns bombs planes and a whole bunch of stuff. Just wondering your opinon some people would rather have UO the way it is i was just wondering if anyone would be interested in a mod.

Killamus

Knight
I voted in "Stupidest Idea I've Ever Heard", for the simple reason. It is.

UO was (Notice I use the past tense) ment to be in the past Midevil age, swords, etc etc.

Theres already enough games with guns, planes, etc. and most, if not all, of them suck ass.
In my opinion, at any rate.

Admin Drizzt

Wanderer
well see the one i was looking into was going to be kind of out there.... you work your way up from private to general fighting for your army, or rebell and start your own army... i dunno it was just an idea.. is this considering advertising? If it is please tell me sop i can delete what i just said i dont want to get banned...

Rhexis

Knight
Ive always held to the opinion that a futuristic shard could be nice. But only if executed properly. As of yet I havent seen it done to perfection. Not that Ive delved too deep..havent really played on any shards in months.

Admin Drizzt

Wanderer
yah unless it was almost perfect i dont think it would be that great, it would definatly get some curiosity to players who would come and check it out tho...

HellRazor

Knight
Didn't you just flame someone else in another thread for "advertising" for proposing a "Magic the Gathering" shard?

Rhexis;630532 said:
Ive always held to the opinion that a futuristic shard could be nice. But only if executed properly. As of yet I havent seen it done to perfection. Not that Ive delved too deep..havent really played on any shards in months.
Q F T. That actually goes for other shards, even traditional UO ones.

WarAngel

Wanderer
HellRazor;630830 said:
Didn't you just flame someone else in another thread for "advertising" for proposing a "Magic the Gathering" shard?

This isn't the same thing. Did you actually read the other topic?

Edit: Okay, it was edited, so you likely didn't see the original. It was asking for people to become worldspawners and stuff, not just giving a simple idea and saying "we're going to try this so how does it sound".

HellRazor

Knight
Either way it's pretty close to the same thing to me. Blasting someone for creating a topic and then creating a similar topic is pretty hypocritical.

And besides, asking for worldbuilders, etc. to develop a concept isn't "advertising" anything, how can you advertise something that doesn't even exist yet?

Admin Drizzt

Wanderer
dude wtf do you understand what im saying? I created this thread before him, he createdf on like me, so i could be here advertising to hire? WTF.... i have before or my friend has he got banned... reason: DONT ADVERTISE YOUR WANNABEE SHARD. So i dont no if your mentally retarded or what? I dont no if you understand what advertising is... :rolleyes:

Peoharen

Sorceror
I hate you, you hate me, we're a unhappy family...

Here, dug this out of the same notepad with the middle finger.
Code:
                                         ,-="""=.
                                       .'        `.
                                      (            `.
                                       `.            `..
                                        ,'             .'
                                        `.            '.
                                          `-.           `-.
                                             )             `=-.
                                           .'              `=-.
                                         .`               .`-.
                           _            (                \ `-.
                        ,'   `.          `.        /`.    \
                       /        `.         \      |   `.   `.
                     ,'            `.       )    /      \    \
                    /     .'`.        `.    )    |       `.   \
                  ,'    .'    `.         `./     \         `.  \
                ,'    .'        `.                \          \  \
              ,'    .'            `.               \          `. \
            ,'   .'                 `.              )          ) (__.
          ,'   (                      `.            )          `."""'
      _.-'    __)                       `.         .  LGB
     `""'""                               `"""""""
Doesn't it make you want to stop arguing?