RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Xanthos Spellcrafting [Runuo 2.1]

Lachuille

Sorceror
Thought I would get around to updating his script while I'm around. I also uploaded the new version in my previous thread (RC1) but thought a new one for 2.1 should be in order.

This is the spell crafting system that was created by Xanthos and edited by me to work with Runuo 2.1.

Introduction

SpellCrafting is the ability to create magics that can be used to affix properties to an item. The system uses two types of jewels, Spellcrafting Jewels and Magic Jewels. The former provide for a specific property to be affixed to an item (i.e., faster casting). The latter provide the charges that affix one of the Spellcrafting properties to an item. Spellcraft Jewels are added to a Book of Spellcrafting, just like scrolls with a spellbook, by dropping them onto the book. There are 50 different Spellcraft Jewels, each with a property that it can affix to items. Magic Jewels are required to affix a property to an item and can be kept in a players backpack or dropped on the book as charges. Holding a lit candle while opening the book allows this "hidden writing" to be displayed. Provided with the system are the Guardian Of The Magics - this npc is a high hp caster that has a small chance to drop a random spellcraft and/or book and magic jewels. There is also a Spellcraft Vendor for those who would rather be able to buy the spellcraft items.

- There is no Distro Files that need editing but The Utilities attachment supplied must be placed in your Scripts folder so that any system made by Xanthos will run properly on your shard.

- Inside the Spell crafting folder is an XML file that must be placed in your Runuo/Data folder.

Enjoy

Attachments

• Spell Crafting.zip
    83.6 KB · Views: 484
  • Utilities.zip
    17.7 KB · Views: 363
Hello and thanks for this update. I am looking forward to using it on my shard I am starting. My only question is I installed as directed on RunUO 2.1 with fully patched client and it compiles fine but I do not see the vendor on the list that I can add that sells the materials.

Jay Randolph

Traveler
There is a mobiles folder included with the script in there is the vendor and also the mob that drops the gems that you could put out to spawn

adamg6284

Squire
wonderful script. one thing though, i think maybe the jewels should be color coded so that way people have a way of telling their properties apart.

I edited the SpellcraftConfig.xml and the SpellcraftConfig.cs files to limit the number of properties applied to four.

Weird thing is - the system allows players to add five properties to Armor and Shields while the rest (weapons, jewellery and hats) are limited to the four max I set in the config files.

I have gone through Spellcraft.cs SpellcraftConfig.xml and SpellcraftConfig.cs line by line but can't find/understand why this would be happening.

Has anyone else run into this?

Thx

EyeQ

Wanderer
Is it possible to edit the script so that you can put attributes on items like footwear?
Im also interested in being able to tweak all the possable usable layers.

I like the concept of this script. It changes the game from 'You get only what i make avialable to you' to 'You create what works best for you in your role of the fight' with restricyion of course.

Thanks for the updated release.
Any Help On This Would be Very Helpfull.

is there anyway to make it self repair can be used on weapons ?

Haven't tested this yet, but if you open selfrepair.cs in the callbacks folder, find this line:

if ( target is BaseArmor )
SpellCraft.ApplyAttribute( from, cs.Book, cs.Id, (BaseArmor)target, AosArmorAttribute.SelfRepair, m_Minimum, m_Maximum );

and add after it:

if (target is BaseWeapon)
SpellCraft.ApplyAttribute(from, cs.Book, cs.Id, (BaseWeapon)target, AosWeaponAttribute.SelfRepair, m_Minimum, m_Maximum);

Gargouille

Sorceror
Hi, thx for this wonderful script, and for the candle too ;o)

Find a bug, in CallBacks/LowerRegCost.cs line 31
Code:
SpellCraft.ApplyAttribute( from, cs.Book, cs.Id, (BaseHat)target, AosAttribute.LowerManaCost, m_Minimum, m_Maximum );

If you want to add LowerReg on a MagicHat, it gives you LowerManaCost...

So, impossible to have LowerReg on your hat :(
But by the way you can have LowerManaCost up to 20% :D

tiakara

Wanderer
Just out of curiosity is Spellcrafting atribute based only on Alchemy and Inscription skill or is luck involved too? So like someone who has 120 of each skill can get maybe 50% hit fireball chance with 0 luck but someone with the same skill with 4K luck would they have higher then 50% fireball added?