RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XmlSiege system for damageable structures - beta release

ArteGordon

Wanderer
supernova72611 said:
Where can i download this file. i think this is totally cool i what to add this to my game, and do i need other files with this one to compile

thanks and great job like otheres have said make a game i would play hehe
there is a link at the end of the first post in the thread. The only other thing required is to have the xmlspawner2 system installed.

Goury

Sorceror
basewall

how it is possible to make those destroyed separate sections of the walls of houses? if we change basehouse.cs, then house becomes the destroyed pillar, and change basewall.cs gives generally no effect

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Goury said:
how it is possible to make those destroyed separate sections of the walls of houses? if we change basehouse.cs, then house becomes the destroyed pillar, and change basewall.cs gives generally no effect

houses, like boats, are generally created as multis. You cannot alter separate sections of a multi, since a multi is actually just a single item that has a single graphic associated with it, so modifying basewall wont affect it since it doesnt actually have any wall items associated with it. This is a client limitation.
There are some options that might be possible with customized houses but I dont have any support for that yet.

If you want to be able to damage separate sections of a structure, then the structure must be actually made up of separate sections, like an addon. Earlier in the thread I posted an example of a house that is created as an addon that can have sections of it destroyed.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Prohor Meletevich said:
Today I found that I can fire and use destroyed cannons :eek:
hehe. I'll fix that for the next release.

In BaseSiegeWeapon.cs just add this line to the OnDoubleClick method around line 492

Code:
		public override void OnDoubleClick(Mobile from)
		{
			if (Parent != null) return;
[color=red]
			// can't use destroyed weapons
			if (Hits == 0) return;[/color]

and to prevent loading them when destroyed, do the same in the LoadWeapon around line 281

Code:
		public virtual void LoadWeapon(Mobile from, Item projectile)
		{
			if (projectile == null) return;
[color=red]
			// can't load destroyed weapons
			if (Hits == 0) return;[/color]

ArteGordon

Wanderer
just dont add the xmlsiege attachment to anything outside of fel.

Or you can add the attachments to whatever you want and selectively disable them outside of Fel with a mod like this in xmlsiege.cs

Code:
		[CommandProperty(AccessLevel.GameMaster)]
		public virtual bool Enabled
		{
			get {[color=red]
				// disable outside of Felucca
				if (AttachedTo is Item && ((Item)AttachedTo).Map != Map.Felucca) return false;[/color]
				return m_Enabled; 
			}
			set
			{
				m_Enabled = value;
				AdjustItemID();
				UpdateDamageIndicators();
			}
		}

Red Star

Wanderer
hey can u check ur mobiles and the xmledit and the spawnercause when i try to bring my shard back up it says thats errored...

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Prohor Meletevich said:
Another bug, with weapon attack on siegeable items: always used mounted char animation.
yeah, that one has been fixed for the next release.

Attachments

• HandSiegeAttack.cs
    10.2 KB · Views: 4

Red Star

Wanderer
how do i tag something usually when i do it says cannot be used on that unless i added and this doesnt include houses.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Red Star said:
how do i tag something usually when i do it says cannot be used on that unless i added and this doesnt include houses.

you can tag anything except frozen statics, but when you try to target a multi like a house, it will end up targeting the statics that make up the multi instead so you have to use a different approach.

- added support for multis such as boats, camps, and player houses.
To add an attachment to a multi use a command like

[area addatt xmlsiege where basemulti

and target around the multi.
Cannons can attack multis by simply targeting any part of the multi that is within the line of sight of the cannon.
To access attachments on multis, use xmlfind with the Range restriction to search for nearby basemultis and then access the siege attachment by selecting the blue button shown on the individual search result listings.

[xmlfind basemulti 20

will set up a search for all basemultis within 20 tiles.

you can also use [xmfind to select and tag multis.

Just get close to the multi you are interested in and do something like

[xmlfind basehouse 5

and you do a search to bring up the houses within 5 tiles of you. Then select the ones you want, and enter in "addatt xmlsiege" into the Command field and press the button to execute that command on the selected houses.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
supernova72611 said:
Hey Art cant download Spawner2 for some reason there has been no confermation e-mail sent to me dont know whats going on plz help
pm me with your user name and I'll take care of it.