RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

XmlSiege system for damageable structures - beta release

ArteGordon

Wanderer
supernova72611 said:
Art im runin shard pack beagel how hard will it be to put in spawner2 over it or will it go in no probs

no problems. Just unzip the latest xmlspawner packages over the old installation.

Art great stuff just an Idea when ones damaging houses u might want to set a value so that the house can not be taken down because the person get ther money back or make it to where if they do they get nothing back in there bank since when did anyone get lots of money for damaged goods LOL
just a thought and how long does it take for fire to go away on averge thanks. Oh and fix for fel. is the bomb everything seems to work fine so many thanks to u and yours keep up the great work, may have a few good ideas to pass along and if anyone could pull it off it would be you for sure @#* Your good

One more thing it might be cool if you could add NPC's that fired the cannons for you or Pirates that fight you, on land or water

By the way havent tried but need to know if someone's out in water and there boat sinks are they stuck or can it be set to tely them back to dock thanks for input because would hate to wreck your stuff LOL

ArteGordon

Wanderer
supernova72611 said:
Art great stuff just an Idea when ones damaging houses u might want to set a value so that the house can not be taken down because the person get ther money back or make it to where if they do they get nothing back in there bank since when did anyone get lots of money for damaged goods LOL
just a thought and how long does it take for fire to go away on averge thanks. Oh and fix for fel. is the bomb everything seems to work fine so many thanks to u and yours keep up the great work, may have a few good ideas to pass along and if anyone could pull it off it would be you for sure @#* Your good

If you want structures to autorepair over time, adjust these settings in XmlSiege.cs to your liking

Code:
		public virtual int WhenToAutoRepair { get { return 0; } }  // 0=never, 1=after any damage, 2=after being destroyed
		public virtual double AutoRepairFactor { get { return 0.1; } } // fraction of HitsMax to repair on each autorepair OnTick. A value of 1 will fully repair.
		private TimeSpan m_AutoRepairTime = TimeSpan.Zero;  // autorepair disabled by default

By default they will not autorepair and will continue to burn until the player manually repairs them using a SiegeRepairHammer.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
supernova72611 said:
is there a burn out time to where the person can no longer repair and loses there house
No, but that is an interesting idea. You can set it up so that it is immediately deleted when destroyed by setting the DestroyedItemID to zero.

Willie25

Sorceror
Uhm.. players?

Uhm.. can destroying houses of players too?
Cause on my Shard Houselooting is forbidden would be a bit difficult now :p

ArteGordon

Wanderer
Willie25 said:
Uhm.. can destroying houses of players too?
Cause on my Shard Houselooting is forbidden would be a bit difficult now :p
you can destroy anything, but when a player's house is destroyed the house region is still in place so it will still restrict access to players and the house itself will also still be there just with a changed appearance unless you have it set to be deleted on destruction. The things inside will always remain intact.

(edit)

support for custom houses will be out in the next release.

I am going to consider useing this as a replacement for the cannons I currently got intalled but I got maybe some ideas that may be helpful. (ignore it if this has already been said and your working on it) In UOT's cannon system it has a few features that my players like. This might work with your system if used properly just don't know yet, but cannons (and maybe catupults and rams could be added) can be hitched to horses and moved that way. and I have grown to really like how the boats sink in his system. Its nice to see the ships going down and hear the tilleraman what he says hehe. also, if your looking for good Fire hues (No offence) you could use OSI's Fire weapon hues. Not sure how many hues you need but there is 7 of them. (includeing 0 hue) Starting at 1255 and ending at 1260 The Second Hottest should be Hue 0.

And also I'm sure your going to be really busy with the release for 2.0, but are you going to contunue to support RunUO 1.0?

ArteGordon

Wanderer
MetallicSomber said:
I am going to consider useing this as a replacement for the cannons I currently got intalled but I got maybe some ideas that may be helpful. (ignore it if this has already been said and your working on it) In UOT's cannon system it has a few features that my players like. This might work with your system if used properly just don't know yet, but cannons (and maybe catupults and rams could be added) can be hitched to horses and moved that way. and I have grown to really like how the boats sink in his system. Its nice to see the ships going down and hear the tilleraman what he says hehe. also, if your looking for good Fire hues (No offence) you could use OSI's Fire weapon hues. Not sure how many hues you need but there is 7 of them. (includeing 0 hue) Starting at 1255 and ending at 1260 The Second Hottest should be Hue 0.

And also I'm sure your going to be really busy with the release for 2.0, but are you going to contunue to support RunUO 1.0?

currently, any of the weapons can be dragged by any mobile by enabling that feature by setting these variables in BaseSiegeWeapon.cs

private bool m_Draggable = true;
private bool m_Packable = true;

The dragging needs to have restrictions added to it, with mandatory hitching delays and that sort of thing, so it still needs some work but you can check it out.

I havent seen his sinking boats, but you could certainly add that sort of thing to the OnDestroyed override of the xmlsiege attachment. Interesting idea.

The color effects are certainly something that can be played around with.

You can try setting the damage colors here in xmlsiege.cs

private const int LightDamageColor = 165; // color at 67-99% of hitsmax
private const int MediumDamageColor = 53; // color at 34-66% of hitsmax
private const int HeavyDamageColor = 33; // color at 1-33% of hitsmax

and see how they look.

As for 2.0 vs 1.0, I will be continuing development for all projects under 2.0 so there wont be explicit 1.0 support although I will leave up the existing 1.0 versions.

The connect is kinda weird, when you change directions. Any way ti change their directon as you move about, like His does? If it helps ya any, I installed your system with his installed, and had no compile errors because of dublicated named scripts.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
MetallicSomber said:
The connect is kinda weird, when you change directions. Any way ti change their directon as you move about, like His does? If it helps ya any, I installed your system with his installed, and had no compile errors because of dublicated named scripts.
yes, the direction change is something that I will work on.

Good deal. This is awsome by the way. One small other question, I don't guess it is possible to make the cannon balls use the stackable cannon ball ID, and make them stackable is it? Or use something like how gold coins do with if theres more then 10 it uses one itemid, and under 10 use the small stack of coins, and if its a single one use the single cannon ball id? Like if theres, one cannon ball, use the single, two the double, and three ore more use the small stack? Makeing them Stackable to be craftable makes it alot easier on the crafters, but I don't guess its absolutly needed.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
MetallicSomber said:
Good deal. This is awsome by the way. One small other question, I don't guess it is possible to make the cannon balls use the stackable cannon ball ID, and make them stackable is it? Or use something like how gold coins do with if theres more then 10 it uses one itemid, and under 10 use the small stack of coins, and if its a single one use the single cannon ball id? Like if theres, one cannon ball, use the single, two the double, and three ore more use the small stack? Makeing them Stackable to be craftable makes it alot easier on the crafters, but I don't guess its absolutly needed.

I'll take a look at other itemids for stacking balls. There are the bolas but I kind of wanted something different. If you have any specific suggestions I'll take a look at them.

The current balls will stack when you drop them onto a container or mobile (i.e. they are stackable), but they wont let you drag and drop onto the item due to the item tiledata flags for that particular itemid.

(edit)

if you want to use the stackable id, just change this

Code:
		public SiegeCannonball(int amount)
			: base(amount, 0xE74)
		{
		}

to this

Code:
		public SiegeCannonball(int amount)
			: base(amount, [color=red]0xE73[/color])
		{
		}

Oh ok so they are stackable for crafters then too.
Last question *honest lol* Is there a way to edit the scripts for house deeds or house placement tools, to make certain houses always attackable? or does that always need to be set up by a GM to have certain things attackable, and if you make a boat attackable for a player as a GM using the command, does it stay attackable if they dock it? and place it later? *Probalby should look for some toturial for this*

May be a small bug, but when I destroy a house, the door, and the sign do not turn into the destroyed item.
*EDIT* guess I got to use the other command for that nm.

ArteGordon

Wanderer
MetallicSomber said:
Oh ok so they are stackable for crafters then too.
Last question *honest lol* Is there a way to edit the scripts for house deeds or house placement tools, to make certain houses always attackable? or does that always need to be set up by a GM to have certain things attackable, and if you make a boat attackable for a player as a GM using the command, does it stay attackable if they dock it? and place it later? *Probalby should look for some toturial for this*

yeah, I believe it is posted in the thread, but basically all you need to do is to automatically attach it in the basehouse constructor.

Here is a thread that describes that and a few other useful mods.
http://xmlspawner.15.forumer.com/index.php?showtopic=374