RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

You know some time life kicks you squarly in the @$&

PHP:
One of my uncles was charged with murder while I was waiting to go in for my back surgery. The day that I got out of the hospital from my back surgery my other uncle died and the funeral was held in Calgary, due to the pain from the surgery there was no possible that I would have been able to sit in a car for even just the four hour ride to Calgary. So when my Mom came back from the funeral with a program from it for me, the cat hopped up on the table and spilled my coffee all over the program.

BTW, the Uncle that was charged with murder was acquitted. All of the evidence pointed out to the fact that it was accidental.
Nobody mess with Quantos it might run in the family. :) That and he looks like a Natural Born Killer. :D

Quantos probably sits typing at his computer all day, then, when the flies come to lag eggs on his un-showered body, he catches and eats the flies with chop-sticks.

Quantos's life in a nutshell.

I love you too, Quantos. :D

-NoX

Killamus

Knight
My HD was fried cuz after restarting 10 times (Trying to get into safe mode) it just wouldn't turn on anymore. I guess I should have installed Windows properly... And yes, guildwars has the best graphic's I've seen... Damn shame I have to use my mom's laptop until thursday when she gets paid and I can get back all the $$$ she owes me... lol.

Edit: its a 60 gig 2004 model(Not quite sure on that, i've already returned it) and I have no shittin clue what my video card is, anyone know how to figure that out?

sicron

Sorceror
yeah but that doesnt mean the hd itself is bad, it just may be the windows install somehow got corrupted...try reinstalling xp or use the recovery cds if you have them...if youve already tried that, then feel free to tell me to stfu!!!:D

Lord Nemesis

Wanderer
I bet you it's the power supply, the exact same thing happened to me a few weeks ago, although it was due to my @ss-hat of a friend downloading things he shouldn't have downloaded. *sigh*

Quantos

Lord
Ξ-ŅullχlluŃ-Ξ said:
Quantos probably sits typing at his computer all day, then, when the flies come to lag eggs on his un-showered body, he catches and eats the flies with chop-sticks.

Quantos's life in a nutshell.

I love you too, Quantos. :D

-NoX

Since you know absolutely nothing about me, and I know the same about you, thank God for that - I doubt that I'm missing very much. You should really keep your tiny, insignificant, poorly thought out opinions to your self.

<EDIT> I think I'm going to pretty much make sure that you receive very little support. Not that I will have to do much, I haven't even given you any rope and you are hanging yourself already. </EDIT>

Quantos

Lord
Killamus said:
My HD was fried cuz after restarting 10 times (Trying to get into safe mode) it just wouldn't turn on anymore. I guess I should have installed Windows properly... And yes, guildwars has the best graphic's I've seen... Damn shame I have to use my mom's laptop until thursday when she gets paid and I can get back all the $$$ she owes me... lol.

Edit: its a 60 gig 2004 model(Not quite sure on that, i've already returned it) and I have no shittin clue what my video card is, anyone know how to figure that out?

Just because you can't get the hard disk recognized doesn't mean that it's fried. Go into the Bios just before your computer posts and make sure that it is actually detecting your hard disk. If it isn't set it up for auto-detect, you may have gotten a virus that has rewritten some values in your Bios, it's not that rare. If the drive that's failed isn't your primary drive and you can still get into Windows, then go into Control Panel>Systems, then click on the 'Hardware' tab and select the Device Manager. It should tell you under Display Adapters what video card you have.

Killamus

Knight
I've tried that, the Window's recovery doesn't even reconize that I have a HD... :/ This is the eighth time i've done this, it's getting really annoying now. Hmm, wouldthis work with GW?

Nochte

Wanderer
1. don't EVER buy anything from best buy (especially online) that you can get from newegg. the quality will be inferior, and they will gouge the hell out of you.

2. don't get the MX series. get this. much higher quality (it's a rosewill = not shit), same price...higher-end geforce series, as well.

Killamus

Knight
Does it work with dells? The website offers no help, and my mom is being a b1tch, and wants to know before I spend my cash...:/
PS, its a dell optiplex gx270.

sicron

Sorceror
yeah, if you download either of them and burn the cd, you can boot to the cd and run some of the diagnostics...either of the cds should boot almost any machine that can boot from cd...also you say thats an optiplex 270, if Im not mistaken, thats a fairly new model and I would think its still covered under warranty...if you get a decent tech on the phone (good luck with that) they can walk you through everything from trying to reset the bios and some other boot options that have sometimes worked...Unfortunately I saw earlier you said you reformatted the drive, I know the 270's we have at my job also have a recovery image on a seperate partion of the hard drive...if you only formated the main partion and the drive is functioning, try pressing f12 while it boots and see if you get some boot options...if you get the menu there should be an option for I believe it will say diagnostic partition or something to that effect. run the hard drive diagnostics, specifically the verify test, a lot of the other hard drive tests will show no failures but the verify usually finds probs if there are any...If that gives you any errors, write the codes down and call dell, if no problems are found, try the restore option from the f12 menu....if all else fails you may just want to try giving dell a call anyway, even if the unit isnt under warranty anymore they may still walk you through some of the other possible fixes....

sicron

Sorceror
argh...I typed all that crap for nothing?!?! j/k:D
probably the best thing to do would be to shoot rosewill an email...its possible you may need a low profile card since them things are so dammed skinny....

Killamus

Knight
Dell assistance: Hello, how may I help you?
Me: Hello, my comp got fried cuz I rebooted it so much. Its an optiplex 270, I took it from a school. Is it still under warrenty?
Dell Assistance: (Talks in undertone to police)
me: Oh shit!

Lol, no, I got it legally, but I just had a spare HD lying around, so that worked fine. Thanks, however.