RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young Player System BETA 1.0

cward

Wanderer
Memnoch said:
The way i was explained it the system was designed to work like this. When you log on your account is given 40 hours of young status. As you play it wears away. If you play off 5 hours, then make a new char when you log in it will say, you have 35 hours left. Well, every time you log in as a new char the timer is suposed to synch itself with the rest of your account, but for whatever reason (osi's amazing programing no doubt) this doesnt always happen as intended. So its possible to have some at 30 hours, some at 10 hours, or whatever. The only time it really seems to catch up well is when the first char loses its young status. Also, after saying "i renounce my young player status" no new char created on the account should have young status, but the ones that were created before, i believe get to keep it for the duration they have left.
This really makes no sense, but just to add to what he said. I created a Mage and an advanced char one day apart. The mage started with 40 hours while the advanced char started with 24. Logging back on the mage it still said 40 hours. Each time I logged on the advanced char the young time would change as I was on it the most. Everytime I logged on the Mage it always had 40 hours.

When my Advanced char was at 10 hours I made a warrior and he starts with 40 hours. Now, I've not logged on the warrior or mage since the advanced character lost young status so I'm not sure if they are still youngs. I do know I can no longer get young on a new character. I'll have to see how my first char was effected.

Theres no way to really tell whats a bug and whats not as OSI does some wierd stuff sometimes. Just from what he said and what I've come across. I would think as soon as one player uses Young the account is tagged to prevent any other young characters from being made. As for the previous characters I'll find out if they are still young when I get home.

cward

Wanderer
Logged on OSI and heres the results. My two young chars are still young with 40 hours young time left on each. If I make a new char they are not young. So its safe to say you get 40 hours per template char and 24 hours per advanced char. Once a char has lost young status you can no longer create a char with young status. However any previous characters still have there young status to the full effect. So its based on Game Time per character. An account tag would only be needed as a check in character creation as to wether or not a new young character can be created.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Ok, new version uploaded and improved :D

I read your report after i made this version cward so i will edit it again later :eek:

jaynigs

Wanderer
Ok, thats the last update for the day..

Its now as cward had reported and ive added your amendment for pre aos bean..

Post back any errors and findings :)

danknight21

Wanderer
ok the playermobile is totally fucked up like wont work becasue of errors. Now i WOULD post but my shard is on a server and i only get to it threw remote connection, think you can post here your playermobile with all the changes in it?

jaynigs

Wanderer
danknight21 said:
ok the playermobile is totally fucked up like wont work becasue of errors. Now i WOULD post but my shard is on a server and i only get to it threw remote connection, think you can post here your playermobile with all the changes in it?

There is a note in the Instructions to keep a backup of your files before you change them!!! If you had followed the instructions carefully you would not be getting any errors.

Please post your crash log and i will take a look at it....

On a sidenote this is a beta script and you shouldnt really be testing it on a live shard.

danknight21

Wanderer
no i did save a backup.......can you just post the playermobile with the changes please? i just want it to work so I can check it out

jaynigs

Wanderer
danknight21 said:
no i did save a backup.......can you just post the playermobile with the changes please? i just want it to work so I can check it out

My playermobile is customized, if you cannot follow simple edit instructions then i suggest you do not use this until it is finalized.

If you cannot do these edits restore your backup

danknight21

Wanderer
Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (23 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1513: (line 565, column 5) } expect
ed
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1519: (line 1622, column 4) Invalid
 token 'if' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1519: (line 1622, column 25) Invali
d token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1520: (line 1623, column 5) Class,
struct, or interface method must have a return type
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1031: (line 1623, column 27) Type e
xpected
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1519: (line 1623, column 60) Invali
d token '(' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1519: (line 1625, column 26) Invali
d token 'is' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1519: (line 1625, column 42) Invali
d token ')' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1519: (line 1629, column 5) Invalid
 token 'if' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1519: (line 1629, column 30) Invali
d token '>' in class, struct, or interface member declaration
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1519: (line 1630, column 29) Invali
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1519: (line 1630, column 68) Invali
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS0116: (line 1634, column 3) A names
pace does not directly contain members such as fields or methods
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1518: (line 1647, column 10) Expect
ed class, delegate, enum, interface, or struct
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1518: (line 1654, column 10) Expect
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1518: (line 1672, column 10) Expect
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1518: (line 1691, column 10) Expect
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1518: (line 1709, column 10) Expect
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1518: (line 1715, column 10) Expect
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1518: (line 1732, column 19) Expect
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1518: (line 1741, column 25) Expect
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1518: (line 1743, column 80) Expect
 - Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1022: (line 1745, column 5) Type or
 namespace definition, or end-of-file expected
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Error: Scripts\Mobiles\PlayerMobile.cs: CS1513: (line 565, column 5) } expect
ed

You missed a bracket near line 565 }

study the instructions and make sure u have them in the right place.

The rest of the errors are due to the 1st error.

danknight21

Wanderer
Ok buddy....notice its ONLY the playermobile....i can edit code fine..im just saying in the playermobile (and i have done it more then once) i just cant seem to figure out whats wrong...and thus i am asking for help...

danknight21

Wanderer
I went back and checked....everything looks fine....compared to what you put in the instructions....if anyone out there has a good clean playermobile with just the young player system stuff in it please post it here for me.

Thank You

jaynigs

Wanderer
The system has been updated since you downloaded it..

try version 1.30 with your original playermobile backup

Playermobile is the only script that has changed between 1.20 and 1.30

bean56

Wanderer
What is the allow young flag? What does a "flag" do? How come I have to comment out the allowyoung code for my new players to be young?

jaynigs

Wanderer
bean56 said:
What is the allow young flag? What does a "flag" do? How come I have to comment out the allowyoung code for my new players to be young?

It was a flag i was going to use instead of an acount tag, but now it is of no use and has been removed on the latest revision.

danknight21

Wanderer
Hmm i am having bad luck..i dunno why my playermobile is being gay...if anyone has a working one that they can attach thad be awesome.