RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Young Player System BETA 1.0

jaynigs

Wanderer
Goober said:
Ways to lose your young status:

1. Having over 350 skill points
(this includes logging in to Test Center and modifying stats/skills)

2. Having one or more skills over 80 points

3. Having 5 characters on one account

4. If you create a character using the advanced template.

5. Having 40 hours of in game time logged to your account.

6. Saying "I renounce my young player status"

Not just one character looses the status all attached to the account do.

It was different before Third Dawn and included a training level prior to your invitation to Haven.

Some of these are not true,

I have an active young account on osi..

1) Advanced characters dont make you lose young status. Just means you can no longer create young players on that account.

2) 40 Hours is playtime for each and every character on your account that was made with a character template. 24 Hours for characters made with the advanced template.

I will release a new version of the young system shortly to incorporate the missing bits.

EDIT - 2.1 Now Uploaded

Reggie

Wanderer
i have installed the young player system and i get no errors but my monsters still attack the young player.....

jaynigs

Wanderer
Reggie said:
i have installed the young player system and i get no errors but my monsters still attack the young player.....

Then you havent installed it all, or your players are in a dungeon when they are attacked.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Reggie said:
another question
how can i change the start location of the young players?

Edit charactercreation.cs

replace

Code:
CityInfo city = new CityInfo( "Britain", "Sweet Dreams Inn", 1496, 1628, 10 );
with

Code:
                          if ( args.Profession == 4)

{
                          CityInfo city = new CityInfo( "Umbra", "Umbra", 2114, 1301, -50 );

newChar.MoveToWorld( city.Location, Map.Malas );

Console.WriteLine( "Login: {0}: New character being created (account={1})", args.State, ((Account)args.Account).Username );
			  Console.WriteLine( " - Character: {0} (serial={1})", newChar.Name, newChar.Serial );
			  Console.WriteLine( " - Started: {0} {1}", city.City, city.Location );

new WelcomeTimer( newChar ).Start();
                          }

else if ( args.Profession == 1 || args.Profession == 2 || args.Profession == 5 )                     

{
                          CityInfo city = new CityInfo( "Haven", "Uzerbaan's Mansion", 3578, 2589, 0 );

newChar.MoveToWorld( city.Location, Map.Trammel );

Console.WriteLine( "Login: {0}: New character being created (account={1})", args.State, ((Account)args.Account).Username );
			  Console.WriteLine( " - Character: {0} (serial={1})", newChar.Name, newChar.Serial );

}  

else if ( args.Profession == 3 )                     

{
                          CityInfo city = new CityInfo( "Britain", "Sweet Dreams Inn", 1496, 1628, 10 );

}  

else
                          {
                          CityInfo city = args.City;

}

telekea

Wanderer
cward said:
Young Players are not teleported on death in Ilshenar.

On OSI they are teleported to the nearest Shrine in Ilshenar- just did it - or are you meaning this script is not doing it?

jaynigs

Wanderer
telekea said:
On OSI they are teleported to the nearest Shrine in Ilshenar- just did it - or are you meaning this script is not doing it?

The script WAS doing it, but i removed it due to cwards suggestion that this did not happen on osi.

So your saying that you are teleported on death in ilshenar on osi? :rolleyes:

telekea

Wanderer
YEP, I just went on OSI again on young player and died in ilshenar at champ spawn and was teleported to the Spirituality ankh with all my belongings.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Okay, thanks for reporting this, im 99% sure that the young system will be included in the next runuo release, if it isnt then i will update this script..