RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your **DREAM** Computer!

Your **DREAM** Computer!

Here's the gig... no... not the memory... But anywho, simply list what your dream computer would be, hehehe... Unlike the rest of you, mine exists...

Here, im'a just copy it, save you the travel :p

Quoted from site:
Sun Fire 25K Server
18 Processor/Memory Uniboards
72 1.35-GHz UltraSPARC IV Processors
16-MB ECC External Cache per Processor
288-GB Memory
2 System Controllers
6 Power Supplies
8 Fan Trays
9 PCI+ I/O Assemblies
1 Quad FastEthernet PCI Adapter
1 Dual Gigabit Ethernet + Dual SCSI PCI Adapter
1 Sun StorEdge S1 Disk Array
1 External Expansion Rack
ServerStart Installation Service for up to 18 Domains
Sun Java Enterprise System
Sun Remote Services Net Connect Software
Storage Automated Diagnostic Environment Software
CPU Diagnostics Monitor Software
Solaris 8 2/04 Operating Environment

Price?... Lets ignore that... ($3,524,085.00... without any of the fancy features selected... american... and i'm canadian... yea...)

http://store.sun.com/CMTemplate/CES...bConfig_CP&familyCode=AMAZON25&baseSelected=2

Alis said:
$3,524,085.00 ? million american dollar ? USD ?

Yep! lmao 3.5 million american... It's a sweet mech man! Imagine a server going off this beauty with Fiber <-> Fiber internet! WOOO NELLY!

ASayre8 said:
All that but it won't run RunUO or any major games ;)

good point... *changes dream...* now it does :)

Lord Nemesis

Wanderer
That computer would be perfect for this new shard I have in the works. It's an OSI-clone shard, that mainly focuses on PvP. I plan to draw in the playerbase by giving things away for free, and maxing out peoples skills and stats when they create their character. I plan to call it....."Nembo's PvP-O-Rama"

Lord Nemesis said:
That computer would be perfect for this new shard I have in the works. It's an OSI-clone shard, that mainly focuses on PvP. I plan to draw in the playerbase by giving things away for free, and maxing out peoples skills and stats when they create their character. I plan to call it....."Nembo's PvP-O-Rama"

Would you give it Fiber <-> fiber internet?

Lord Nemesis said:
Of course! I would have to accomodate all the r0xxing and pwning that would be going on.

Wanna get me some fiber <-> fiber connection?

Edit: I'll pay you anything... Money, women... men?

Lord Nemesis said:
Sure, how many pounds do you want?

Enough to get it through :p It would OWN my cable... Even if I'm going around 40-50 kb/s upload and 300-500 kb/s download :\

My server's on a better one... although he lives like 5 mins away... using the same provider... not fair.

Lord Nemesis said:
lol I was kidding about the "pounds" thing, though it does suck about your connection. :-\

Not really, normal cable is 10kb/s faster upload and 100kb/s faster download... my friend is like 30-40 kb/s faster upload and 300-400kb/s faster download though... so... yea...

PS. Did I read this correctly? A 64-bit Itanium server with 128 processors?! HOLY SHIT!

http://www.hp.com/products1/servers/integrity/superdome_high_end/index.html
PPS... Holy crap it's 2600 lbs...

Another edit...
Why does this CPU cost so much (you can probably tell what I enjoy doing... I was actually looking for a nice cheap ZIF-socket (478) CPU... 800mhz, fairly fast, with 1mb+ cache... :) )?
http://www.directdial.com/ca/shop/item/BX80547PG3000F.html

Damn I love that edit button...
http://www.directdial.com/ca/shop/item/BX80546PG3000E.html
http://www.tigerdirect.ca/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?EdpNo=1016657&Tab=2&NoMapp=0
http://www.ncix.com/products/index.php?sku=11787&vpn=BX80546PG3000E&manufacture=Intel

Yea... i found enough of the same thing... but anywho, would you say that that's a good deal for that CPU?

Phantom

Knight
Simple

Massive RAID storage system, external tower bay for additional IDE devices, then the computer itself could just be "really" good.

The computer itself, I would just update, all I care about it the storage now a days.

Phantom said:
Simple

Massive RAID storage system, external tower bay for additional IDE devices, then the computer itself could just be "really" good.

The computer itself, I would just update, all I care about it the storage now a days.

You have a pretty good point, our little personal computers managing to get up to 4.0 ghz is already pretty fast, slapping 4 ghz of ram in there and you miadaswell call it a server. Isn't RAID not as safe for your data though? (Make it SATA! Ooooo)

bzk90

Lord
IHaveRegistered said:
You have a pretty good point, our little personal computers managing to get up to 4.0 ghz is already pretty fast, slapping 4 ghz of ram in there and you miadaswell call it a server. Isn't RAID not as safe for your data though? (Make it SATA! Ooooo)
do you actualy know anything about computers?

wtf is 4ghz of ram, memory is measured in units of bytes

raid is used to increase performance or stability, there are several different types of raid

raid isnt a type of hard drive, sata stands for serial ata which is an evolved version of pata which stands for parralel ata. both sata and pata are hard drive connection technologies

bzk90 said:
do you actualy know anything about computers?

wtf is 4ghz of ram, memory is measured in units of bytes

raid is used to increase performance or stability, there are several different types of raid

raid isnt a type of hard drive, sata stands for serial ata which is an evolved version of pata which stands for parralel ata. both sata and pata are hard drive connection technologies

I meant 4gb of ram :\

And we were talking about harddisk space... So... ya... SATA would be involved in this little, "confrence".

People make mistakes ><

bzk90

Lord
what in the hell are you talking about?

you compared sata to raid as if sata was superior, you cant compare sata to raid as they are completely different things.

bzk90 said:
what in the hell are you talking about?

you compared sata to raid as if sata was superior, you cant compare sata to raid as they are completely different things.

? You can have a SATA RAID Hard drive... I was saying if you had BOTH, as in making it SATA instead of PATA?