RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Your favorite thing about your shard...

shtoink

Sorceror
Your favorite thing about your shard...

Alrighty,
My favorites about my shard are its just all my old friends and I try and make it the way WE want it.....(this means true democracy.... though i seem to pay for it all lol)...
My fav's about others:
Hybrid... lotsa players. Fits my first expierence for when i met UO.... Ive made many new friends there. same with demise. Althought I ,must say to me at least hybrid beats the old in por yem (or whatever)... the player base is kinder there...in UO:hybrid You all know you pick a home and stick with it (mostly).....

What im wondering is this:

What is the best part of the UO shard you play on? What keeps u comimngn back instead of going of to world or idiotcraft or even better (worse) eve-online?
(pls excuse me as im drunk(as normal))...

Just say what you like about your prefered playing expierience... and forget my spelling, it was yager night ast the Pub.

Alex21

Sorceror
shtoink;758086 said:
Alrighty,
My favorites about my shard are its just all my old friends and I try and make it the way WE want it.....(this means true democracy.... though i seem to pay for it all lol)...
My fav's about others:
Hybrid... lotsa players. Fits my first expierence for when i met UO.... Ive made many new friends there. same with demise. Althought I ,must say to me at least hybrid beats the old in por yem (or whatever)... the player base is kinder there...in UO:hybrid You all know you pick a home and stick with it (mostly).....

What im wondering is this:

What is the best part of the UO shard you play on? What keeps u comimngn back instead of going of to world or idiotcraft or even better (worse) eve-online?
(pls excuse me as im drunk(as normal))...

Just say what you like about your prefered playing expierience... and forget my spelling, it was yager night ast the Pub.

prove your drunk ;)

Joeku

Lord
Dude I've barely touched UO in the past year and a half.

I'm glad, it makes room for this thing called a "life" :p

Rosetta

Wanderer
I haven't really played with it for a few months now. But when I did, I liked making custom buildings and deco. I like some of the custom scripts put in. Mostly though my favorite thing was spending time with friends.

Maybe I will get back to it someday...

Vorspire

Knight
I play my own shard, because it's exactly how i want it to be and i enjoy playing alongside my players... taking ideas, discovering bugs, all fun.

HellRazor

Knight
My favorite thing is being able to implement all of the ideas that I thought would have been cool in OSI UO back when I played it.

Macil

Sorceror
HellRazor;758322 said:
My favorite thing is being able to implement all of the ideas that I thought would have been cool in OSI UO back when I played it.

Ditto. By far the best reason to play your own shard.

Fixing all the crap EA and OSI both screwed up.

J MaNN

Wanderer
Macil;758452 said:
Ditto. By far the best reason to play your own shard.

Fixing all the crap EA and OSI both screwed up.

Yea. That;s probably the best. To bad EA doesn't have a player run shard, as in players contribute ideas and they pick the best ones and then implement them into the shard.

Johabius

Knight
My favorite thing is that it's always there waiting to be turned on. It doesn't take much to turn it on either...no fancy dinner or gifts required:p

HellRazor

Knight
J MaNN;758729 said:
Yea. That;s probably the best. To bad EA doesn't have a player run shard, as in players contribute ideas and they pick the best ones and then implement them into the shard.

One advantage that player run shards have over OSI is that they are small enough to give players a much more intimate gaming experience. I.E., quests that directly involve the players, the players ability to impact the world, etc.

With thousands and thousands of players, OSI can't offer that kind of experience, and its one of the reasons a lot of roleplayers leave OSI and migrate to player run shards.

Vorspire

Knight
Sounds about right, i'm glad i finished de-bugging the crap OSI put out there. I finally have what I would call a "clean" shard, lol.

David

Moderate
shtoink;758086 said:

no users, no staff.

Rhexis

Knight
1- working at my own pace. Job and a social life have taken over..but my uo shard is always waiting patiently.
2- helps with internet withdrawals when I dont have moolah to pay the cable bill (or rather, moolah to cover my unemployed roomies potion)

Of course being able to customize it precisely the way I want plays a small part in it.