RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Yup, I need some opinions...

DebbieDoo;713547 said:
Well, I say it because everyone so far has been pleasant to me, helpful and fun. Also because they know more than me, even you. Besides, I shy away from confrontation, and just dont have it in me to say anything hurtful about/to anyone. :eek:

I respect this comment. And if I hadnt gave you rep already I would have added you + karma just for stating this subject. Confrontation is just plain childish and I hate having to say hurtfull things to people myself.

The only time I have ever jumped someones ass was when Draegon decided to post a flame with alot of immature profanity and other stuff. But other than that Im usually nice to everyone. Even If someone flames me I just say thank you for the comment and ignore it.

*Totally Changes the subject* I need to come up with something badass so I can get my bars to go up a little more. :p

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
TheRockstar2253;713627 said:
I respect this comment. Confrontation is just plain childish and I hate having to say hurtfull things to people myself.

The only time I have ever jumped someones ass was when Draegon decided to post a flame with alot of immature profanity and other stuff. But other than that Im usually nice to everyone. Even If someone flames me I just say thank you for the comment and ignore it.

*Totally Changes the subject* I need to come up with something badass so I can get my bars to go up a little more. :p

Thank you, and I do the same thing. Let someone else ruin their own day...not mine.

kleks7222

Wanderer
get both sat for the sunny days and dialup for the bad weather days. The sat internet will be costly but dialup is cheap so you could opt to have both :/

oiii88

Sorceror
My uncle uses internet supplied via directtv. From what I have seen while visting the download speeds are decent but the upload suffers. And if I am remembering correctly the original out of pocket expense he paid for the extra equipment was a bit high.

grimm92

Sorceror
oiii88;713633 said:
My uncle uses internet supplied via directtv. From what I have seen while visting the download speeds are decent but the upload suffers. And if I am remembering correctly the original out of pocket expense he paid for the extra equipment was a bit high.

Well I had just found out a friend of mine actually uses Direct TV SAT internet, and I wasnt aware of it. Anyhow, she said just that...It was pricey as hell for setup, equipment and monthly fees. She used to play on OSI with me, and I didnt realize she and her husband had left because they had to switch to Satellite Internet. She says it was impossible to do anything. Walking in Luna or near Brit Bank was a joke, let alone trying to hunt or pvp any more. She says a family friend told her it was because of the upload time. Not to mention that even though there is nothing even in small print about limits, they were slowed down even more for having reached some limit in packets apparently.

oiii88

Sorceror
Yeah the uploads suffer alot. I do know that using a voice chat program is almost impossible because of the upload loop, you lag terribly. Almost makes 2 cans on a long string seem decent lol.

Admin God

Wanderer
AVOID SATELLITE!

I got satellite a while ago out of desperation because at the time it was the only thing i could get. It is only slightly better than dial up and if i remember right it cost me somewhere in the ballpark of $150 a month. Definitely not worth it. Finally 6 months later they got dsl up and running in my area.

kleks7222;713644 said:
i have a crap load of them

lol its cool you didnt have to change it back, its just the STFU one I think is the best. Made me laugh when I first saw it. Reminds me of that ThunderCats Parody that you can find on Newgrounds or Ebaums World.

Infact heres the link if you havent seen it. Its Halarious xD:

ThunderCats/BlunderCats

And its really only funny if you like or "Liked" ThunderCats

Vondill77

Wanderer
Ive had both satellite and Dial-up. Back home we have satellite through a company called Wildblue. We've also had the Directv one(Hughesnet now i believe, used to be Direcway). Anyway, the download speeds are a good deal better then Dial up, but for gaming, i'd prefer the dial up. Mainly because your ping is tons better. It takes the signal entirely too long to go into outer space and back :rolleyes: They tell you when they set it up that its not for gaming. The one through Directv was always disconnected too. We hardly ever could use the internet with it because it was always limited connectivity. The idea of both connections isnt a bad one because when u download something u can use the satellite and to play use the dial up. But hosting on either is entirely out of the question. You could get a static IP for free from No-ip.com which will help with the IP problems. On satellite the lag would be unbearable.(Ive tried :) ) anyway hope this helped GL. Oh and they both range from about 50 - 100 dollars a month and probably about 100 dollar installation. I'd check into wildblue its cheaper and works alot better then DTV but it may be a tad bit slower. you shouldnt have any connection problems however.

Lysdexic

Sorceror
DebbieDoo;713535 said:
*whimpers* Im doomed. We are moving to a remote area, in a small town thats so far north in Wisconsin, we might as well say we are in Michigan. Not moving is out of the question though. My positive/negative list had the positives FAR out-weighing the negatives. Actually tbh my only complaint is the internet connection availablity.

Charter covers most of CheeseHeadLand, just don't try to use their website to find out, actually call them (the website is never accurate).

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
Lysdexic;713676 said:
Charter covers most of CheeseHeadLand, just don't try to use their website to find out, actually call them (the website is never accurate).

Heh Cheese Head Land, don't you mean drunken Cheese Head Land? lol We have Charter now...THEY SUCK! The charge me double of what Road Runner did at our old place for less service. Oh dont get me started. They arent up there though so THANK GOD.

Anyhow, a friend was telling me I might be better off tethering with a cell phone company. I dont fully understand it, but hmmm ok. We are so cut off from everything there, that they dont really even have a zip code for the town, we use the town next door for theirs...I dont get it. LOL We are going to be up near Pembine, Wisconsin...and if you look at that on the map, you'll see we are almost in Michigan. My little brother lives 6.9 miles (according to yahoo maps) from where we are moving to and has DSL, although CentruyTel says there is no coverage for us. WTH Then a friend said to try a T1 connection but sounds waaaayyy to pricey for hubby's taste.

kleks7222

Wanderer
TheRockstar2253;713651 said:
lol its cool you didnt have to change it back, its just the STFU one I think is the best. Made me laugh when I first saw it. Reminds me of that ThunderCats Parody that you can find on Newgrounds or Ebaums World.

Infact heres the link if you havent seen it. Its Halarious xD:

ThunderCats/BlunderCats

And its really only funny if you like or "Liked" ThunderCats

Sry for h/jing the thread just wanted to tell rockstar thnx for the Thundercats/blunder cats I really needed a laugh today and that did it.:D

DebbieDoo

Sorceror
kleks7222;713841 said:
Sry for h/jing the thread just wanted to tell rockstar thnx for the Thundercats/blunder cats I really needed a laugh today and that did it.:D

I dont mind ever, hijack away. ;)