RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Zippy's CTF ReRelease for 1.0

Zippy's CTF ReRelease for 1.0

I am releasing this back to the public with Zippy's permission. The work is his work with slight modifications for 1.0 I hope all enjoy.

Attachments

• CTF.zip
    19.8 KB · Views: 468
All that I did was port it over for 1.0 If there are issues you would like resolved post them here with discription of how to duplicate and I am sure someone in the community will be glad to assist you with the changes. But to answer your question if there was a login issue before it still exists. I do not remember that issue maybe you would like to enlighten me.

silverwolfe

All that I did was port it over for 1.0 If there are issues you would like resolved post them here with discription of how to duplicate and I am sure someone in the community will be glad to assist you with the changes. But to answer your question if there was a login issue before it still exists. I do not remember that issue maybe you would like to enlighten me.
Certainly. I don't need help though mine is already fixed.

If someone goes to duel and then logs out. Then logs in they will keep finding themselves either in the ocean or in Britian. And I wanted to let you know that Britain is a guarded region where laws are enforced. ...I knew that would get your blood boiling.

interesting.... when I tested it on my test server today I logged in created a character went into the arena then realized I had not created a supply stone so I logged out and back in with my administrator account. I created the supply stone and then logged back in (fast enough that my admin character had not vanished) and I landed right back where I had logged out. I will test this some more and see if I can reproduce it, but I ran it for several months on my live server and do not recall anyone ever reporting that issue.... is there some other information that possibly should be included in the test set.....

silverwolfe

interesting.... when I tested it on my test server today I logged in created a character went into the arena then realized I had not created a supply stone so I logged out and back in with my administrator account. I created the supply stone and then logged back in (fast enough that my admin character had not vanished) and I landed right back where I had logged out. I will test this some more and see if I can reproduce it, but I ran it for several months on my live server and do not recall anyone ever reporting that issue.... is there some other information that possibly should be included in the test set.....
You know what...it has been a while since I had this problem so I will have to look at the code. But I had this horrible issue for a long time and it was pissing people off. They would logout at their house and login in the ocean and couldn't move. It amazed me how many people don't know how to use the help command to get teleported out lol. I will get back with you when I find it.

Opps sry I was thinking of the challenge game. I'm so stupid :) sry

hydrox

Wanderer
you know i was running into a simlar situation, but it was because the whole system wasn't completely set up yet, and another problem that was happening was that if a char logged in the game it would keep them stuck in the ctf loop, i could kill them move them a mile away whatever when they died, they would spawn back in they're area, (now tha's fixed) thanks zip.

but i was running into that problem with one of the settings wasn't properly set up on either the flags or the stone, it has to be set from x0y0z0 otherwise they're on a chunk of land, or sitting in water.

mehla

Sorceror
I have experience with this system, and it worked great for me in the past. I would love to put it back on my server, but with RunUO 2.0 right around the corner, I fear that it won't be compatable...

I'll sit on it for now, thx though.... =(

XenoNeo

Sorceror
I can't remember the link to the topic but look up zippy under Members List and find his CTF topic and it will explain it to you(Though the item names are different from this re-release..)

there are two folders on Misc\Noteriety.cs is a Modification of the Distro Notoriety.cs you will have to back up your origional and put the one from the CTF in its place. The other folder just goes into your custom folder. after that.

Update on 8/11/04:
This is a small clean up & update for the CTF and DD games. If you already have CTF/DD on your shard you will NOT need to resetup your games to use the new version of the scripts. The only thing you must do after unextracting is re-add all of your signup stones (and relink them to the game stone). Please delete DDJoin.cs, CTFJoin.cs, and CTFJoinGump.cs from previous isntallations.
What changed? The game no longer infinitely restarts itself. The game now runs once for it's set length and then stops. If someone reaches the maxscore before the game time is over, it will end early. You can use [startgame and [stopgame (see below) to control the game as you see fit. When the game is not running, players will be unable to fight (or heal) each other, and none of the flags/waypoints will work.
Also, Notoriety.cs is now much less cluttered with CTF stuff. There are only 2 places, (both are clearly marked) where CTF stuff is in there. There is a comment in CTFGame.cs where you can add code to give prizes to members of the winning team.
**** Installation ****
Unextract to your scripts folder. Then make SURE you delete your "Scripts/Misc/Notoriety.cs" file. This is very important....
Follow the instructions below to setup your game.
**** Setup Instuctions ****
Okay, this is a fairly large system.. there's a lot of little thigns and you'll want to play around with it before dropping it right on to your shard... Here is a "crash" course in how to set it up.
Before setting up the script on the shard, you may want to change the Coords in the "GameRegion.cs" script. The coords in there now are some nice places me & alkiser found a while ago on the default map... but you might want to use something else.
Capture the Flag:
1) [add CTFGame put it someplace out of the way.. this is used for controling game options only, players dont need to see it.
2) [props or double click the game stone and setup the properties of the game (like how many teams, etc).
3) [add CTFFlag, this is the flag so it should go someplace in your "arena"
4) Double click or do [props on the Flag, you will get a props menu... FIRST Set the TeamID to the Team Number (0, 1, 2, 3) etc you want the team to have. (This should never be >= the number of teams in the game)
5) Next set the Flag's Game property to the game stone you added in step 1.
6) Set all the other properties how you want, Note:set the flag's Hue to the color you want the team to wear (a blue flag means everyone on the team will wear a blue robe).
*) Repeat steps 3-6 for each team
Now you may [add gamejoinstone all around your shard to allow players to join the game. These must also be linked via props to the game stone from step 1.
You may also [add ctfscoreboard all over your shard (and dont forget to link them to the gamestone) so your players can see the scores. You might also want to add one in the arena.
Double Donimation:
First off, what is double domination?
This is a game I originally saw in Unreal on the Xbox. Basically 2 teams fight to control 2 way points at the same time, to control the point they must stand on it for 10 seconds without the other team touching it. Once they control both points at the same time for 30 seconds, they "score" and then the game resets.
It's very fast paced, but if teams are too large it can get out of hand.
The setup for double domination is pretty similar to CTF, with a few exceptions:
1) For each team you need to add a DDTeamControl (similar to the gamestone this will not be used by players) to control the DDTeams since they dont have flags. Otherwise, it acts the same as a ctfflag (including hue...).
2) You must add 2 DDWayPoints in your arena. DO NOT FORGET TO DO [inc z 5 on them so you can see the whole thing (its rather large). And you of course have to link them to your CTFGame (yes its still a CTFGame even though is DoubleDom)... These points must also be linked to each other. Your DD Game can have as many teams as you want, but it can only have 2 way points.
You should also be able to use the CTFScoreBoard for DD games.
Also included in this package is an "AutoSupply Stone" which when double clicked gives a player items based on their skills, its designed to make it so when a player dies he/she can re-equip very quickly.
Commands:
[endgame : (target ganestone) will end the current game
[startgame <reset> : will start the game, or if the game is already running, will restart it. The paramemter reset should be true (or yes) if you want everyoen to reselect their teams, or false (or no) to keep the current teams. [startgame true to reset/rebalance teams.
[t and [team : These commands allow players to talk to the entire team ( no matter where they are )
New to this package is the LeaveGameGate. [add leavegamegate Do not forget to [props and set the target location & map for the gate to take players. When stepped on the gate will remove the player for any/all games they are currently in, remove their game robe, and teleport them to the desired location.
When you die in a CTF or DD Game you are resurrected automatically and taken back to your team's "home." A good straegy for this is to make the home a place somewhere outside of the battle area where the player can re-equip in peace, and then go through a gate to enter the game. This also prevents people from restocking on the stones when they didn't die.
Also this is provided AS IS, I am usually too busy to provide support for it. Please don't try to contact about it. There is a thread for it on runuo.com script submissions where you can seek support.
Thanks, enjoy.
~Zippy

ogggy

Sorceror
robe problem

when i try this game (wery good) i hawe litle error when i start its gont give me game robe but in ctfgame have give robe true, i give onli "robe" like give when u resurect. pls can u help me with this problem ?

hi there as i have a moded Notoriety script.
i want to add this to it. but the parts that have been added in ant marked.
as i like to add //name of use where i edit my scripts. so i know.
this is what i found i think needs to be marked to be added to a moded Notoriety
script.

Code:
using Server.Engines.PartySystem;

Code:
		public static bool Mobile_AllowBeneficial( Mobile from, Mobile target )
		{
			if ( from == null || target == null )
				return true;

for (int i = 0; i < CTFGame.Registry.Count; i++)
            {
                CTFGame game = (CTFGame)CTFGame.Registry[i];
                CTFTeam ft = game.FindTeam(from);
                CTFTeam tt = game.FindTeam(target);
                if (ft != tt && ft != null && tt != null)
                    return false;
            }

Code:
		public static bool Mobile_AllowHarmful( Mobile from, Mobile target )
		{
			if ( from == null || target == null )
				return true;

{

CTFTeam ft = game.FindTeam(from);

if (ft == tt && ft != null)
                    return false;
            }
Code:
                {

CTFTeam ft = game.FindTeam(source);
                    CTFTeam tt = game.FindTeam(target.Owner);

if (ft != null && tt != null)
                    {
                        if (ft == tt)
                            return Notoriety.Ally;
                        else
                            return Notoriety.Enemy;
                    }
                }

Code:
                {

CTFTeam tt = game.FindTeam(target.Owner);

{
                        if (ft == tt)
                            return Notoriety.Ally;
                        else
                            return Notoriety.Enemy;
                    }
                }

Code:
            {

{
                    if (ft == tt)
                        return Notoriety.Ally;
                    else
                        return Notoriety.Enemy;
                }
            }

thanks for your time

zack213

Wanderer
Help Please

Sorry, IM a bit new to Sharding and stuff scripting and all...
Ok i want ctf i downloaded it made a file in scripts/misc and made the filename custom and downloed the ctf into the file, But how do i get it into theg ame were is it i restard my shard with the [admin shut down & restard (with save) now what do i do and if i am doing wrong please correct me.

Lord_Shaka

Wanderer
what about the Double Domination game ??

should it work ???

thanks for this script !!

:D

I added the stone but nothing happened !!!

O.O

look:

damn....

I wanted to see it working
:(

ogggy

Sorceror
Lord_Shaka said:
what about the Double Domination game ??

should it work ???

thanks for this script !!

:D

I added the stone but nothing happened !!!

O.O

look:

damn....

I wanted to see it working
:(

sey [add ctfgame 2
2 - 2team
or 4 - team
and link join stone to game stone

Iron Soldier

Wanderer
hey has any one redid it to auto restart if so can you post code for that againthanks cause i cant seem to find that code any more for ctf to auto restart would help a lot thanks guys/girls.