RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[1.0] Wolf Family

David

Moderate
[1.0] Wolf Family

Summary:
A family of Wolves with a watchful mother wolf.

Description:
No big baddies here, this is a Mother Wolf and her babies for a touch of rp in the woods. Just spawn a MotherWolf, everything else is automatic. Within a minute or so she will spawn 2 to 5 Wolf Pups. The mother can be allowed to wander as much as you wish, the pups will stay close to her but not like they were told to "follow." They will appear to play under the watchful eye of Mom. If any of the pups are attacked, Mom will attack the attacker. She is somewhere between a Grey Wolf and a Dire Wolf in stats. There is no loot other than what you would expect on a wolf. Pups are between a Dog and a Grey Wolf.

Pups are tamable at a moderate skill, Mom is not. Every 20 minutes any missing Pups are respawned. Finally if the Mother is killed or deleted, the same happens to any of her existing untamed pups.

1.0 Notes:
This script works fine under RunUO 1.0. Moved from Archives to Submissions on 05/05/06.

Installation:
Just one file, place it is your Scripts\Custom folder and restart the server. Set up any spawner to place a MotherWolf.

Attachments

• WolfFamily.zip
    2.1 KB · Views: 1,194

David

Moderate
I've been busy with some pretty big private projects, this was a fun diversion inspired in part by awakenlands vampire scripts. I am really pleased with how the kids playing around Mom worked out. I hope you enjoy it.

mr_wuss

Wanderer
this is a really well thought out and well based script, when people are trying to take over the world with thier work..you bring out the kinder part of UO.

:cool:

G

GoldDraco13

Awesome script David...You have always brought good things to RunUO :)

koluch

Sorceror
*smile*

Again, great work David :)
Your scripts are varried and always terriffic and your replies on posts ALWAYS helpful!
What more can I say :p

Shazzy :D

David

Moderate
dragonlady said:
awsome work i love it ty :D
hey, dragonlady's first post is saying thanks for my script... if that don't deserve a click of karma I don't know what does... :D

Welcome to RunUO!

(ps, and yes awakenlands, you did good work on the vampire scripts. I reused a good bit of your code. Thanks again.)

Excellent as always hehe

Any particular risk to the beloved resources if I use this concept to spawn large parts of the world?

Going to put a little variation in it with your permission:
Gobling King with goblins kind of thing

David

Moderate
The interaction between the Mom and Pups is well managed so no resource issues there. It does use one single timer per MotherWolf that runs constantly. I try to avoid timers but sometimes it is the best way to do the task at hand. And the timer is set to the lowest possible priority, so I guess my answer would depend on what "large portions" means. Several dozen would not be noticeable.

Knightshade

Wanderer
Having had the opportunity of trying this script out on the Britannia shard before its release here, I must say, as always, your scripts have proven to be the best of the best, and this is no exception.

I can't really say anything more than what has already been said, ditto to it all. We are lucky to have you on our team, David. You've done some amazing work for us, and it's great to see things like this so well received by the community.

Your wonderful imagination and committment to quality are truely a great boon to us all. Thanks yet again! :)

Friday

Wanderer
I recently added this to my scripts, but I have found that (using RunUO v1.0) consistently whenever I spawn even just one of these motherwolves my server crashes shortly after. Could the addition of this creature be causing the crashes or is this simply coincidence?

David

Moderate
The script is running on several shards with no crashes reported. It is of course possible that this script is causing the crashes but I am inclined to think it is something else, unless the script has been modified. Do you have a crashlog in your RunUO folder?