RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[1.0] Wolf Family

Knightshade

Wanderer
Friday said:
I recently added this to my scripts, but I have found that (using RunUO v1.0) consistently whenever I spawn even just one of these motherwolves my server crashes shortly after. Could the addition of this creature be causing the crashes or is this simply coincidence?

We've been using this script since before it was released to the community, and have had no crashes since its installation. While I certainly couldn't claim that the script has nothing to do with your crashes, I can tell you that it is definitely stable and has been working well on our shard for quite some time now.

We have the mother wolves spawned all over our world, and I have found no problems with them yet.

Da Boss

Wanderer
family of wolves

David said:
Summary:
A family of Wolves with a watchful mother wolf.

Description:
No big baddies here, this is a Mother Wolf and her babies for a touch of rp in the woods. Just spawn a MotherWolf, everything else is automatic. Within a minute or so she will spawn 2 to 5 Wolf Pups. The mother can be allowed to wander as much as you wish, the pups will stay close to her but not like they were told to "follow." They will appear to play under the watchful eye of Mom. If any of the pups are attacked, Mom will attack the attacker. She is somewhere between a Grey Wolf and a Dire Wolf in stats. There is no loot other than what you would expect on a wolf. Pups are between a Dog and a Grey Wolf.

Pups are tamable at a moderate skill, Mom is not. Every 20 minutes any missing Pups are respawned. Finally if the Mother is killed or deleted, the same happens to any of her existing untamed pups.

Installation:
Just one file, place it is your Scripts\Custom folder and restart the server. Set up any spawner to place a MotherWolf.

great job thanks man keep it up.....

Krystofer

Sorceror
This is awesome. Finally something with some CHARACTER to it. Makes me want to get down and script a bunch of NPC's for the taverns and such...

Tylius

Sorceror
;)

I'm not sure how much you follow the threads and stuff, but *before* someone jumps in and says "way to bump a 5 month old post", or people start flaming you, in general people get b****ed out for commenting on old posts, whether or not it was a nice comment on it or anything. I personally couldn't care less, but I'm just letting you know, and hopefully noone posts after me, to flame you ;)

At least it it was a nice comment! :) (And quite true, I was happy with this script as well), and who knows, maybe it'll rekindle some interest in this script, or new people that haven't search the submissions will find it.

No harm done in my opinion!

(Eeh gad, I need to go to sleep...That was supposed to be short)

Guadah

Wanderer
I am personally glad you bumped it up, I never saw this script when I browse the old posts, and think its an excellent idea.

Nice creativity.

David

Moderate
Thanks for the comments. :) This is I think my favorite submission.

And I see nothing wrong with bumping a script submission that you really appreciate.

Tylius

Sorceror
I don't do much scripting, but I'm just curious, is the pups being deleted on the mother's death optional? (i.e., is it possible to change to code so that they stay even after she's killed?)

David

Moderate
Sure, the easiest way would be to delete the entire OnBeforeDeath() method in the MotherWolf portion of the script.

Pan2

Wanderer
David said:
Thanks for the comments. :) This is I think my favorite submission.

And I see nothing wrong with bumping a script submission that you really appreciate.

I like it also !
Great Script and Great idea !
I've played with your Idea this Afternoon, and made a simple Team of Orc, with a Team Leader OrcCaptain that spawn a team of Orcs.
Using your idea, when the leader change combatant, all orc with no combatant also attack the combatant of the leader. And as your Wolf Mommy do, if the leader don't have a combatant and one of the Orc change it's combatant, the Leader (and subsequently all the other "free" orc) can come in help.
I'm testing it, but it seems to work great. And it's a lot simple to create many other Teams (es OgreLord/Ogres).
Many thanks for the great work!

If someone is interested when i've done some check i can post the OrcTeam Script, but i want anyone remember that the hard work is done by David :)

David

Moderate
Let me add just as a comment, the reason I did it that way is to keep the number of tamed WolfPups down at least a little. My thought was players could not just kill the mother to leave unprotected pups ready to tame (or clutter the forest.)

... just installed it. It's great. Just one little question... is it possible to make a Father wolf to go with the mother? (I mean that attacks, too)

H

hudel

@David:
I think we all are very, very interessted in your scriot and no one never forgetts the hard work of David the master of the well fighting monsters ;)

Therefore please post your script for all of us master ;)

Tylius

Sorceror
hudel said:
@David:
I think we all are very, very interessted in your scriot and no one never forgetts the hard work of David the master of the well fighting monsters ;)

Therefore please post your script for all of us master ;)

Are you talking about the Wolf Family script, or a different one?

David

Moderate
I think he is speaking about scripts in general. I regretfully admit that my submissions have been a little sparse lately, I have been working with Knightshade and others trying to get a shard open and my scripting efforts have been focused there of late. I will be back though taking my turn, I have some pretty good ideas I want to make available to all of you.