RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[1.0RC0] Fixed Craft Resource Loss

[1.0RC0] Fixed Craft Resource Loss

Summary:
Fixes the resource loss on crafting failure

Description:
Fixes the resource loss on crafting failure

Installation:
The zipped file is a "template" that has a blank MutateFailureConsumption method that you return a value from 0.0 to 1.0 in order to determine how much of the resource should actually be consumed. Just modify the template however you see fit (search for '...'), and replace Scripts\Engines\Craft\Core\CraftItem.cs with the modified script.

Subscribers have access to an improved version that already has the method filled in with a specially-formulated algorithm.

Attachments

• CraftItem-1.0RC0.zip
    7.8 KB · Views: 295

sidsid

Sorceror
bean56 said:
thx I guess. So now you can only get bug fixes if you are a subscriber.
stop being a jerk. its only fair to give preference to those people who show their support in a physical way.

bean56

Wanderer
sidsid said:
stop being a jerk. its only fair to give preference to those people who show their support in a physical way.
give preference meaning better script support, able to request scripts, and a nice script submission forums, but somewhere the line has to be drawn from privledges and given rights as a free program. I'm sticking to my opinion that bug fixes shouldn't be limited to subscribers only. That is a bunch of bs and everyone knows it.

SonnyJim

Wanderer
i agree wif bean but sadly thats how life is those who got the money will always have an advantage and be treated better and always be 1 step ahead of the ones that dnt pay....afta all money talks :p

krazeykow

Sorceror
SonnyJim said:
i agree wif bean but sadly thats how life is those who got the money will always have an advantage and be treated better and always be 1 step ahead of the ones that dnt pay....afta all money talks :p

its 3$.. I'm afraid that even a hobo can buy such a thing out of his back pocket...

Thats just my personal opinion...

By the way ... I like the script, nice job.. I feel that any script like this diserves a pat on the back :]

bean56

Wanderer
krazeykow said:
its 3$.. I'm afraid that even a hobo can buy such a thing out of his back pocket...

Thats just my personal opinion...
The cost of subscribing is irrelevant. It's the principle of the thing.

mr_wuss

Wanderer
bean56 said:

this isnt an official fix either, its a USER submitted script. Its his choice as to where to place it, so get over yourself.

raffy

Sorceror
Excellent, thanks! :cool: It's good enough that he is even sharing the script. It should be easy enough to modify.

bean56

Wanderer
mr_wuss said:
this isnt an official fix either, its a USER submitted script. Its his choice as to where to place it, so get over yourself.
Do you see a dev releaseing any fixes for any bugs lately? No, so what else is there? They still don't even have bugzilla back up yet. So you can go climb a hill.

Hybrid

Wanderer
bean56 said:
Do you see a dev releaseing any fixes for any bugs lately? No, so what else is there? They still don't even have bugzilla back up yet. So you can go climb a hill.

Thats low. :(

Anyway, I didnt get the part where only subscribers get support. I only noticed that he has an other modification of the script in the subscribers forum.

Please stop being so bitter and rather support people who release scripts.

bean56

Wanderer
Maybe for my pre AOS collector quest fix I should just have people pm me that want it and if they're not a subscriber I'll give it to them. Obviously that is messed, but it is only the opposite of this. I've said my peice, bye bye.

Jason

Wanderer
bean56 said:

You do understand that you could, instead bitching about something your not going to change. Because you are basicly saying, since we are subscribers we can release our scripts to who we want. Then you should release your own fixes, if you feel so strongly about it.

Jason

Wanderer
Hybrid said:
Thats low. :(

Anyway, I didnt get the part where only subscribers get support. I only noticed that he has an other modification of the script in the subscribers forum.

Please stop being so bitter and rather support people who release scripts.

I think he should just release scripts period instead of bitching.

He is why I don't release scripts, because people would bitch about the scripts I do. Because if I ever do release a script, it will be to subscribers.

Simple fact, subscribers are greatful for everything you post, because they understand that thats what makes this community special.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
bean56 said:

you want "principle" ?

well here you go

1) RunUO was originally intended to be a private emulator, as in non public.

2) RunUO was made public, not because of a court order, not because it had to be, but because the Devs are just cool like that

3) The bandwidth, server, all of the costs are paid for, you never needed a dime to download install or buy RunUO

4) Someone has to pay for it, that would be Ryan. Why does he do it? I personally wouldn't have, I'd have kept RunUO all to myself, but no, he does it, he does it for everyone all the while paying for it OUT OF HIS OWN DAMN POCKET

5) You are DAMN lucky he doesn't release the updates to the server in the subscriber section.. again, I would.

6) You don't want to pay? you say its the principle? Well I say you are confused, if it was the principle of the matter, you'd pay the damn $3 just because you have the best UO emulator in the world.

7) I'm a subscriber, I'd be a subscriber even if there was no bonuses, indeed, I have donated to RunUO before the whole subscriber thing. I am not rich, hell I might have $2 to my name right now, but I did it because I use the program for free.

8) There are a shitload of companies out there, like Norton that both charges you out the ass for the program, then charges you even more for the updates, and I don't hate them for it, they need to stay in business somehow.

9) Too many people are getting used to getting all they want here on RunUO for nothing. I wouldn't blame Ryan one bit if he made people subscribe in order to get the program. But I know he wont do that, even though he too runs a shard, and all of the people here getting RunUO for free, are taking away players from his shard, another reason I'd make you pay for it... cause frankly I wouldnt care one bit if it inspired 1/2 the people to leave, there are enough people here to support RunUO and get back some of the money he has paid all the while enhancing his shards chances, but Ryan is not me, Ryan is much more generous.

10) How DARE you complain, How Dare you bitch about ANYTHING that has to do with RunUO, you have no right to bitch, you never paid for it, you want bug fixes, wait til they are released or subscribe. Bitching is only going to make people like me and about 90% of this community hate you.

11) Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams has done more for RunUO than 10 of you combined, I don't submit anything outside of the subscriber section because of the ungrateful people like you who only know how to bitch.

You want me to go on? I can come up with at least 30 more reasons to subscribe and about 20 more reasons why you are a selfish little brat.

Xacker

Wanderer
Atleas you have posiblitty to pay bat I cant do that at oll because PayPal is not supporting Contru Latvija and I em in deap ... GGGRR I mand for that and wayting a day when ther will by posibility to pay in difrent way :confused: no throw pay pal ewen her in Latvija 3$ is not weary mach so pleas shed up if not I will shot my point to grr ungreatful .......