RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[1.0RC0] Fixed Craft Resource Loss

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Saxum said:
Yes I agree with bean56. Where's the fairness of publishing a server which isn't even complete and abuse that to gain money by submitting the bugfixes for the subscribers only. Afterall the subscribers has access to the latest custom scripts, which is MORE than enough already.

Bug fixes for the Server Client should indeed be posted and perhaps get updated into the server itself!

I would never pay for a subscription only to get bufixes as in my eyes it's pretty similiar to blackmailing.

Just my 2 cents.

WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP BRINGING THIS SHIT UP !!!!!

1) its NOT a RunUO bug fix, it was written by a MEMBER

2) the server is free

3) if you don't like it, CREATE YOUR OWN SERVER

4) the crap your posting about is VERY OLD

5) If someone wants to post a bug fix only for subscribers, ITS THEIR CHOICE AND ITS NOT OPEN TO DISCUSSION

6) I have unsubscribed myself from this thread because of people like you.

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams, don't let the morons and cheap bastards get to you, keep writting scripts, and post them wherever you feel like it... I sure will

Saxum

Wanderer
KillerBeeZ said:
WILL YOU PEOPLE STOP BRINGING THIS SHIT UP !!!!!

1) its NOT a RunUO bug fix, it was written by a MEMBER

2) the server is free

3) if you don't like it, CREATE YOUR OWN SERVER

4) the crap your posting about is VERY OLD

5) If someone wants to post a bug fix only for subscribers, ITS THEIR CHOICE AND ITS NOT OPEN TO DISCUSSION

6) I have unsubscribed myself from this thread because of people like you.

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams, don't let the morons and cheap bastards get to you, keep writting scripts, and post them wherever you feel like it... I sure will

Obviously it is indeed a bugfix because the current system of RunUO is not the correct one. And why would I create my own server just because I don't like it, I voice my opinion about the subject and if you don't like it just disregard it.
The crap you're posting is very old as well and is known to every player so no need to bring it up, I had it in mind when I posted it but I still wanted to voice my opinion about the subject.

Read my thread again, obviously some things you didn't read before you replied.

And I have unsubscribed myself from reading threads of you because of people like you.

Very fun to be destructive.. If you're 10 years old..

KillerBeeZ

Knight
I read your post, 3 times even. I missed nothing.

I brought up that old junk because YOU brought up old junk.

It is NOT a DAMN RUNUO BUGFIX

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams is a great scripter, indeed I'd say he is good enough to be on the Dev team, but the cold plain truth is, he is not (yet). Therefore anything he creates is a user created script.

Where he places it is up to him.

If you disagree... create your own bug fix

IF the devs of RunUO decide to include THIS bugfix, then AND ONLY THEN will the script be in the distro WHICH IS FREE.

IF the dev team feel it is a critical bugfix they will include it FOR FREE as a BUGFIX... until then it is a Subscriber script.

I get sick and tired of reading peoples posts complaining about any part of RunUO, you get the server for free. Its the most stable EMU out there, bugs in general are worked out and fixed then new versions are released, you have no right to complain, you didn't pay for it.

5. The RunUO Author makes no representation about the suitability of RunUO for any purposes. The RunUO Author shall have no duty or requirement to include any Derivative Works into RunUO.

And one more thing.

IF you have an opinion.
IF you have a complaint.
IF you feel you have been wronged in any way

Script Submissions is NOT the place to post it.

Saxum

Wanderer
KillerBeeZ said:
I read your post, 3 times even. I missed nothing.

I brought up that old junk because YOU brought up old junk.

It is NOT a DAMN RUNUO BUGFIX

Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams is a great scripter, indeed I'd say he is good enough to be on the Dev team, but the cold plain truth is, he is not (yet). Therefore anything he creates is a user created script.

Where he places it is up to him.

If you disagree... create your own bug fix

IF the devs of RunUO decide to include THIS bugfix, then AND ONLY THEN will the script be in the distro WHICH IS FREE.

IF the dev team feel it is a critical bugfix they will include it FOR FREE as a BUGFIX... until then it is a Subscriber script.

I get sick and tired of reading peoples posts complaining about any part of RunUO, you get the server for free. Its the most stable EMU out there, bugs in general are worked out and fixed then new versions are released, you have no right to complain, you didn't pay for it.

And one more thing.

IF you have an opinion.
IF you have a complaint.
IF you feel you have been wronged in any way

Script Submissions is NOT the place to post it.

IT IS Indeed a bugfix if it corrects an error on the server. I think we both should agree on thas before we continue with the discussion. I never said the server is bad, I said the way it's being handled is in fact bad.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Saxum said:
IT IS Indeed a bugfix if it corrects an error on the server. I think we both should agree on thas before we continue with the discussion. I never said the server is bad, I said the way it's being handled is in fact bad.

no, I won't agree.

It may fix something on the server, but it is NOT a fix that was aproved by the devs. It very well could be approved, but until then its not a "RunUO bug fix"

bean56

Wanderer
I would just like to point out that the only person who every said anything about a "runuo bug fix" is killer. I don't know how something that 'fixes' a 'bug' is not a 'bug' 'fix'. I'm curious as to what your definition of a 'bug' 'fix' is?
In fact you did say it was one too
KillerBeeZ said:
THIS bugfix

Saxum

Wanderer
KillerBeeZ said:
no, I won't agree.

It may fix something on the server, but it is NOT a fix that was aproved by the devs. It very well could be approved, but until then its not a "RunUO bug fix"

Well, as the RunUO server is a clone of the OSI shard, how can it not be a bugfix when the current resource system of RunUO is not correct?

joantinet

Wanderer
I am with Saxum in this.

This is not the first post I write talking about the same.

I can understand that many of you are computer geeks with no social skills at all but I think that you could try to treat people better.

I am following this community since it had that old crappy website... like in beta 20 or so. I might not be good at scripting but I've contributed the way I was able to. Believe me or not.

I thank the dev's and scripters who contribute to this cause, I chose for different reasons not to subscribe (one of them is I am an student and I am already donating 30$/month to an NGO). I've never asked for subscriber scripts to be released to non-subscribers I just ask for a little of respect. Respect that we deserve for being part of this community even If I don't contribute with CA$H, CA$H and more CA$H.

It seems to me that you classify users by first class and second class members. Every time there is a discussion no matter what the topic is the consumer (subscriber) always has to win the fight. Subscribers can flame because If someone tells them to shut up they can say they are giving away 3$ a month.

How cool... Ok, Ryan can have as much money as he wants. BUT people notices it, people doesnt say nothing because they don't want to get flamed at, but they are not happy and they leave. When people released their scripts in public there was many people who did so. Now people just doesnt want to do it, because they fill mistreated, because they dont want to get flamed at, or whatever. But its a fact. I hope this changes because if not you guys will have money but won't have a forum worth spending money at.

Johnny

Saxum

Wanderer
joantinet said:
I am with Saxum in this.

This is not the first post I write talking about the same.

I can understand that many of you are computer geeks with no social skills at all but I think that you could try to treat people better.

I am following this community since it had that old crappy website... like in beta 20 or so. I might not be good at scripting but I've contributed the way I was able to. Believe me or not.

I thank the dev's and scripters who contribute to this cause, I chose for different reasons not to subscribe (one of them is I am an student and I am already donating 30$/month to an NGO). I've never asked for subscriber scripts to be released to non-subscribers I just ask for a little of respect. Respect that we deserve for being part of this community even If I don't contribute with CA$H, CA$H and more CA$H.

It seems to me that you classify users by first class and second class members. Every time there is a discussion no matter what the topic is the consumer (subscriber) always has to win the fight. Subscribers can flame because If someone tells them to shut up they can say they are giving away 3$ a month.

How cool... Ok, Ryan can have as much money as he wants. BUT people notices it, people doesnt say nothing because they don't want to get flamed at, but they are not happy and they leave. When people released their scripts in public there was many people who did so. Now people just doesnt want to do it, because they fill mistreated, because they dont want to get flamed at, or whatever. But its a fact. I hope this changes because if not you guys will have money but won't have a forum worth spending money at.

Johnny

It was a good explanation, Johnny. But just let me add to the team that we are the community, not the subscription members, where do you think they subscribed from? Some would pay immediately because they lack priniples, but I don't and as Johnny said I'm more than glad to contribute with whatever I can, I always try to help people if I'm able to WITHOUT any kind of payment, except of a Thanks, which is enough in my case. Of course it's understandable that you need to pay webspace, domain name and some for taking your spare-time to write scripts for the requests. But being rude in any way to the community just because they ask a simple question or perhaps request a 'bugfix' or asking for one just to keep their server-client uptodate or if they voice their opinion will get you nowhere except of perhaps one less subscriber, and a bad thought.

Note: To clear some things out, I don't mean every subscriber or dev, I mean those who are rude because they are "first class" just because they pay and can act totally respectless towards us non-subscribers. There's line between being a subscriber and being a cheap asshole and I believe you can draw the line between those yourself.

Just my 2 cents

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Ignacio Vazquez-Abrams said:
I want to know where exactly the hell you people get the idea that bugfixes are only for subscribers.

Well thats one of my points...

This is in the non subscribers section... its a bug fix , what the hell is everyone complaining about?

This?

Subscribers have access to an improved version that already has the method filled in with a specially-formulated algorithm.

So they seem to be complaining because they are lazy as hell and want the best of all worlds.

So...

the BUG FIX is for the NON subscribers...

the EXTRA is for the subscribers

and just to explain to those who asked...

I never said this is not a bug fix, I said this Bug Fix has not yet been approved by the devs. When it is, you will get this in the distro.

You all need to be more patient.

Bug Fix - something that fixes a bug
RunUO Bug Fix - something that fixes a bug that is approved by the devs

Dubie

Wanderer
Could be they are a subscriber but can not view them forums.
I payed up for 6 months and still can not see them and wont be able to for awhile it looks like.
With the post about massive changes talking about a new site and what not.
They are not adding ppl to view them forums till they get the new site up and running I guess.
I understand that but, still would love to be able to get some of the stuff before its gone.
Somethings will be reposted and some wont, So you know.

Dubie said:
I understand that but, still would love to be able to get some of the stuff before its gone.
Somethings will be reposted and some wont, So you know.
No need to worry, I always repost my stuff. Even if I'm not exactly prompt with it.

bean56

Wanderer
Saxum said:
Some would pay immediately because they lack priniples
I'm a little confused what this is suppose to mean. I have no problem with anyone subscribing or donating "immediatlely". I don't see how that means they don't have principles.