RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0 RC2] Underworld Champion/Gauntlet dungeon

Hands Of God

Sorceror
I found a way to get around thiss crash until i figure out is going on

find this line in Hecate.cs and place these in there

public void DoSpawn()
{
/*

Melinoe mel = new Melinoe();
m_Melinoe = mel;
mel.MoveToWorld( this.Location, this.Map );
mel.Home = this.Location;
mel.RangeHome = 8;

Hekabe hek = new Hekabe();
m_Hekabe = hek;
hek.MoveToWorld( this.Location, this.Map );
hek.Home = this.Location;
hek.RangeHome = 8;

Gale gale = new Gale();
m_Hekabe = hek;
gale.MoveToWorld( this.Location, this.Map );
gale.Home = this.Location;
gale.RangeHome = 8;
*/

}

Hands Of God;826340 said:
This is a great script. Thanks

I get one problem
This happens when they kill one of the two guards on the secound to last champ

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

RunUO Version 2.1, Build 3641.39010
Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.2.3790 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.3603
Time: 1/28/2010 9:00:56 PM
Mobiles: 3775
Items: 130291
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Multis.BaseBoat.FindBoatAt(IPoint2D loc, Map map)
   at Server.Misc.TreasuresOfTokuno.CheckLocation(Mobile m)
   at Server.Misc.TreasuresOfTokuno.HandleKill(Mobile victim, Mobile killer)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.OnDeath(Container c)
   at Server.Mobile.Kill()
   at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from, Boolean informMount)
   at Server.Mobile.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
   at Server.Mobiles.BaseCreature.Damage(Int32 amount, Mobile from)
   at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Boolean ignoreArmor, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Int32 chaos, Int32 direct, Boolean keepAlive, Boolean archer)
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender, Double damageBonus)
   at Server.Items.BaseRanged.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender, Double damageBonus)
   at Server.Items.BaseWeapon.OnHit(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender)
   at Server.Items.BaseRanged.OnSwing(Mobile attacker, Mobile defender)
   at Server.Mobile.CombatTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

JamzeMcC

Squire
Using both the underworld/2.cs and the provided code of the moveto call, this has worked well. I personally have tweeked and changed the mobiles and items slightly for my shards. My gratitude goes to the creator of the scripts, thank you

Devinc07

Sorceror
great script. i recieved a crash on one part though during the spawn of Queen Hekabe, Gale, Hecate, and Melinoe. when anyone kills any of the enemies weather minion first or main the server crashes. i haven't found a way around it. I actually got Hecate to die once but not while attacking her directly. i attacked gale and hecate fell instead of gale. it only did one damage to gale. here are the crash reports

Melinoe:

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 6.0.6002 Service Pack 2
.NET Framework: 2.0.50727.4200
Time: 4/3/2010 4:56:01 AM
Mobiles: 33950
Items: 215403
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
at Server.Misc.VirtueArtifactSystem.CheckLocation(Mobile m)
at Server.Misc.VirtueArtifactSystem.HandleKill(Mobile victim, Mobile killer)
at Server.Mobile.Kill()
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Boolean ignoreArmor, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, Int32 chaos, Int32 direct, Boolean keepAlive, Boolean archer)
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy)
at Server.Spells.SpellHelper.Damage(Spell spell, TimeSpan delay, Mobile target, Mobile from, Double damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, DFAlgorithm dfa)
at Server.Spells.Necromancy.PoisonStrikeSpell.Target(Mobile m)
at Server.Spells.Necromancy.PoisonStrikeSpell.InternalTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object o)
at Server.Targeting.Target.Invoke(Mobile from, Object targeted)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()

Hecate:
Time: 4/4/2010 9:28:29 AM
Mobiles: 30845
Items: 212907
Exception:
at Server.Mobile.Kill()
at Server.AOS.Damage(Mobile m, Mobile from, Int32 damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy)
at Server.Spells.SpellHelper.Damage(Spell spell, TimeSpan delay, Mobile target, Mobile from, Double damage, Int32 phys, Int32 fire, Int32 cold, Int32 pois, Int32 nrgy, DFAlgorithm dfa)
at Server.Spells.Necromancy.PoisonStrikeSpell.InternalTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object o)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.TargetResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

Gale:
Time: 4/4/2010 9:29:59 AM
Mobiles: 19869
Items: 191270
Exception:
at Server.Mobile.Kill()

Queen Hekabe:

Time: 4/4/2010 9:30:34 AM
Mobiles: 26662
Items: 203765
Exception:
at Server.Mobile.Kill()

those are each of the crash reports if anyone could help i would greatly appreciate it. thank you

//Edit:
For the time being i have found what creates the crash. in each of the files: gale, melanoe, hecabe. the onbeforedeathmethod has this.delete in order to delete the corpse if you remove or coment out (i would suggest commenting out the line for now) that line then the server does not crash. Hecate doesn't have that line so i haven't figured out how to prevent the crash on hecate's death yet. still working on it. (me suggesting to comment the line for now is so that when i or someone else finds a way to delete the corpse on death without the shard crashing you will still have that line incase needed or to test with ways to prevent crash using it.)

Devinc07;835069 said:
//Edit: For the time being i have found what creates the crash. in each of the files: gale, melanoe, hecabe. the onbeforedeathmethod has this.delete in order to delete the corpse if you remove or coment out (i would suggest commenting out the line for now) that line then the server does not crash. Hecate doesn't have that line so i haven't figured out how to prevent the crash on hecate's death yet. still working on it. (me suggesting to comment the line for now is so that when i or someone else finds a way to delete the corpse on death without the shard crashing you will still have that line incase needed or to test with ways to prevent crash using it.)

Actually it does have the on death in it but here is my full fix for the underworld i have no crashes

there are no extra edits just the fixes for the crashes

also everybody on the shard loves it

thx alot for the nice script Rasmenar :)

Code:
but as i was testing i found a couple of issues that need fixed

1. issue is that when you try to mark on the cloak it says " you cannot mark that object"

2. another issue is that players cant activate the brazier as it is lock down tells them they cant access that 
you cant activate it while holding it either
so the only way to activate it is by asking a gm to do it

Attachments

• Underworld System.rar
    54.7 KB · Views: 55

Devinc07

Sorceror
Bruiser1989;835185 said:
Actually it does have the on death in it but here is my full fix for the underworld i have no crashes

there are no extra edits just the fixes for the crashes

also everybody on the shard loves it

thx alot for the nice script Rasmenar :)

Code:
but as i was testing i found a couple of issues that need fixed

1. issue is that when you try to mark on the cloak it says " you cannot mark that object"

2. another issue is that players cant activate the brazier as it is lock down tells them they cant access that 
you cant activate it while holding it either
so the only way to activate it is by asking a gm to do it

so you found a way to prevent the crash and keep the ondeath method thats great i was still tyring but couldn't come up with any results. i did notice the cloak i have it fixed to britain bank though and changed it to teleport characters to the top of britain bank no matter what. was working on being able to mark it though that would be nice. thanks for the reply and fixes. greatly appreciated

Devinc07;835292 said:
so you found a way to prevent the crash and keep the ondeath method thats great i was still tyring but couldn't come up with any results. i did notice the cloak i have it fixed to britain bank though and changed it to teleport characters to the top of britain bank no matter what. was working on being able to mark it though that would be nice. thanks for the reply and fixes. greatly appreciated

no i didnt fix it i just removed it
all it does is just remove the bodies when they die they dont drop anything
so i figure what it going to hurt by removing the ondeath section
it works fine its pointless to have shard crash just for a removal of the body on death

Devinc07

Sorceror
yeah i think the main reason is becuase mine was in onbeforedeath instead of the ondeath(c) method for the container of the corpse. that is why it made my shard crash. other than that i have been looking into the cloak and i haven't had time to try but im going to work on that soon. i have been looking at the recall rune script and seeing how to make it so players can mark the cloak for 1 and 2 not mark it in a house. seems like it might be easier just to send a message to player saying you cannot mark your cloak in houses or something similar to that. hopefully after my paper this week i will get the chance to look at that until then though maybe someone else can

Devinc07;835349 said:
yeah i think the main reason is becuase mine was in onbeforedeath instead of the ondeath(c) method for the container of the corpse. that is why it made my shard crash. other than that i have been looking into the cloak and i haven't had time to try but im going to work on that soon. i have been looking at the recall rune script and seeing how to make it so players can mark the cloak for 1 and 2 not mark it in a house. seems like it might be easier just to send a message to player saying you cannot mark your cloak in houses or something similar to that. hopefully after my paper this week i will get the chance to look at that until then though maybe someone else can

Check Inside The Items/ UnderworldSet.cs
Around Line 120

Rasmenar

Sorceror
Sorry for my lack of support on this system. My laptop short circuited (RIGHT after the warranty expired... imagine that), so I will be having to implement this into a fresh install of RunUO.

I'll be tweaking the code a bit, fixing crashes/etc., and I will upload the changes when I have the fixes ready.

ive had some issues since using this script with my server my moongate gump only shows fel as a facet and i have all facets on my server get me?

underworld my version #1

Rasmenar

Sorceror
Nice!

I've been working on adapting this for one of the abandoned caves in Felucca so people don't have to go through the pain of patching map files :) I'll post the updates when they're 100% done.

thats cool i dont wanna wait that long hehe i already made a dungeon for a few of them and my buddy made another for a few bosses

Azulai

Sorceror
Alright, I got the script and it's working fine, but how to you get to the bosses. I can get to the monsters at beggining but not past that.

~Edit~
Never mind. :) I was taking a lookie in the control script and I found it :)

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Any update on this system yet? I added this system to my server, and unfortunately the tiles seem to be impassable.. Even as staff, I cannot walk on them, let alone teleport on them.

It seems as though the tiles have been registered as simple art, rather than a tangible tile. Not to mention, it is extremely small.. no moongates spawned, etc.

Azulai

Sorceror
It's works fine for me. Did you add the patches to your UO folder? It looks small but onces you get into it teleporters spawn to take you to other sections of it.

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Well.. I added everything according to the instructions.. I also added the control center, (which looks like a chunk of wall.. lol) and I set my map to malas, then my X, Y, Z to 611, 1934, -90 and I found the entrance. I don't know about you guys, but this looks a little strange to me:

Entrance