RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

[2.0 RC2] Underworld Champion/Gauntlet dungeon

Azulai

Sorceror
The Control System is just a wall chunk, but it does what it's meant to do. For some reason the tiles aren't showing up for you and some of the hues are screwy.

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Well, I will admit I didn't use his hues files, considering I already have custom hues. I guess when he released this, he didn't take into account that 99% of all shards out there use custom hues..

My only real issues are that I'm unable to walk on the tiles.. cannot even [tele on them.. no moongates or anything have spawned, etc.

Azulai

Sorceror
Moongates spawn once you kill 500 creatures at the beggining. After the 500 kills. The first the bosses spawn in sequence in that same area. After the 3rd (Ceberus) a moongate appears where he died.You then go on to the finals.

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Aaah, so the whole "gauntlet" happens in the area I took screenshots of, above?

Any idea what may be causing me to not be able to walk across them?

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
lmao.. figured out part of the problem..

I never copied the static files over to my datapath folder for my server. >.<

Any chance someone could post screenshots of their dungeon? I want to try and get the hues to match up to what they SHOULD be.

I definitely would love someone to post a screenshot of the area from the boat ---> to the next shore.. I have all those "unused" tiles, and need to replace them. Most likely this is a result of using the 5.0.9.1 client; but I won't be upgrading.. too much hassle.

Also.. 500 mobs need to be killed? I barely see 2 dozen.. unless the spawn timer is short?

Orbit Storm

Sorceror
Any chance you could post some screenshots of the area extending from the boat over to the next shore? i need to figure out what those tiles are, and how they're conflicting with my files..

i looked over the scripts, and there is no real way to pinpoint which tiles are which

Lord_Velius

Sorceror
Orbit Storm;844894 said:
Any chance you could post some screenshots of the area extending from the boat over to the next shore? i need to figure out what those tiles are, and how they're conflicting with my files..

i looked over the scripts, and there is no real way to pinpoint which tiles are which

Hell why not just unfreeze the parts that are bothering you and delete them and replace them with tiles that your shard can read? Seems like it would be an easier choice rather than wait for support. :D

I did that in a few of the spots to add some depth and look to it I felt went with my shard.

Also @Rasmenar
I noticed a few issues with some of your system I'd like to point out so others could be aware of them.

Your lamiae have their song of paralysis, which is awesome, but it doesn't have an account check so it can freeze players and gm's alike.
That wouldn't be too bad except it doesn't wear off unless the gm sets their access-level to player logs out then back in, or they die.
I'm not sure about your shard, but on mine we announce when people die, it becomes rather humorous; I don't like players seeing staff level characters die unless its part of an event.

And one last issue I'm working out.
Your sash of the Hermes doesn't spawn in any players backpack.
Is there some special way to spawn it for them, or is it one of those items left up to the gm to manually spawn?
In my instance I just dropped a gate back to town at the entrance of the Hades part.

tass23

Page
I've got a fix for the Dragon Brazier not being able to be activated by players even if it's locked down in their houses, just copy this over the entire DragonBrazier class in the UnderworldDecoItems.cs file:
Code:
 public class DragonBrazier : BaseLight
 {
  private DateTime m_NextUse;
  public override int LitItemID{ get { return 6477; } }
  public override int UnlitItemID{ get { return 6478; } }

[Constructable]
  public DragonBrazier() : base( 6478 )
  {
   Name = "Dragon Brazier";
   Light = LightType.Circle300;
   Weight = 1.0;
   Movable = true;
  }
  public override void OnDoubleClick( Mobile from )
  {
   if ( !from.InRange( this.GetWorldLocation(), 2 ) )
   {
    from.LocalOverheadMessage( MessageType.Regular, 0x3B2, 1019045 ); // I can't reach that.
   }

else if ( IsLockedDown )
   {
    BaseHouse house = BaseHouse.FindHouseAt( from );

if ( this.ItemID == 6478 && house.IsCoOwner( from ))
    {
     this.ItemID = 6477;
     from.SendMessage( 0, "You activate the Dragon Brazier." );
     from.PlaySound( 84 );
    }
    else if ( this.ItemID == 6477 && IsLockedDown && house.IsCoOwner( from ))
    {
     this.ItemID = 6478;
     from.PlaySound( 958 );
     from.SendMessage( 0, "You deactivate the Dragon brazier." );
    }
    else
     from.SendLocalizedMessage( 502436 ); // That is not accessible.
   }
   else
    from.SendMessage( 0, "You must lock this down in your house to use it." );
  }
  public override bool HandlesOnMovement{ get{ return IsLockedDown && IsOn(); } }
  public bool IsOn()
  {
   if ( this.ItemID == 6477 )
    return true;
   return false;
  }
  public override void OnMovement( Mobile m, Point3D oldLocation )
  {
   if ( IsLockedDown && this.ItemID == 6477 && m_NextUse < DateTime.Now && m.InRange( this.Location, 2 ))
   {
    m.SendMessage( 0, "The Dragon Brazier lends you Strength." );
    m.AddStatMod( new StatMod( StatType.Str, "Dragon Brazier", 25, TimeSpan.FromMinutes( 10.0 )));
    m_NextUse = DateTime.Now + TimeSpan.FromSeconds( 15.0 );
   }
   base.OnMovement( m, oldLocation );
  }
  public DragonBrazier( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
  {
  }
  public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
  {
   base.Serialize( writer );
   writer.Write( (int) 0 );
  }
  public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
  {
   base.Deserialize( reader );
   int version = reader.ReadInt();
  }
 }

Gamble

Traveler
Just tried this one out and got this error.

RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.2, Build 4653.41822
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 4.0.30319
Core: Optimizing for 8 64-bit processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
Errors:
+ Customs/Underworld System/Charon.cs:
CS0101: Line 11: The namespace 'Server.Mobiles' already contains a definitio
n for 'Charon'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

any ideas?