RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

a gump editor/creator

Bradley

Sorceror
oops, thats a leftover from awhile back. I will fix that right away. I'm still wiating for support in the SDK to add the "real" UO font's to the SDK.

re:

I am having problems. When I start it tells me that it cannot find C:\Windows\Microsoft.net\Framework\v1.1.4322\mscorwks.dll the version i have is in that path but a different version folder. I cannot find this version on the microsoft website? Is is part of the SDK? If so, is it possible to modify the gump editor to not require SDK installation as it doesn't install on Windows 98.

Bradley

Sorceror
It was written against the 1.1 version of the .net framework. Make sure that your version is 1.1.xxxx not 1.0.xxxx. I don't see any reason why it wouldn't run on windows 98, but I don't have a system to test it on at the moment.

It is not really possable to remove the SDK requirement from the Gump Editor, as it is essential to pulling the UO resources from the .mul files. Without the SDK there would not be a Gump Editor.

crystal-Hyel

Wanderer
run perfectly under 98 SE

just need a little option : addtextentry, addhtml... ,all text zone for the position.

and this tools go to the perfection .

Thanks a lot

P.S: i use it to draw the gump , this is the easy way for the coordinate

UOT

Knight
Awesome work. There is still a bug with buttons though, when you drag them on the canvas they don't update their X Y so it reverts to 0 0 when you release them.

S

shaDoze

Just want to say, thanks for the tool! It's good to visualize ideas without starting UO/RunUO.

Bradley

Sorceror
I have finished moving all my junky into my new appartment, and I finally have a cable internet connection. As soon as I unpack everything and get my connection properly setup I will start working on the next version of the Gump Edtitor. Hopefully it wont take me too long to figure out which box has what computer parts in it.

Melanius

Wanderer
nah, i don't think he meaned to sound rude. I Also am checking these boards for a new release of gump creator to grab it! Hope Bradley releases an update soon (not that the current version isn't great, just curious, what he is going to add next :)). Good Job btw Bradley

Bradley

Sorceror
Well, to give you an idea of what I'm working on...

The code in the current version as it stands is extreamly messy and is starting to really limit some things I'd like to do. I'm planning on starting over from scratch. I'd like to createa sort of "plug-in" system using a DLL for each element, that way others can help create things that I would never think of.

At this point I'm not sure if my plans are going to work out or not, it may never come to fruition, but I'm going to give it a shot. I will release one more version of the Gump Editor's current incarnation to fix any existing bugs, then I will focus on the new version.

There are a few things that would help greatly if they were added to the UO SDK.
1. The first is the ability to pull static information other then the Art. I wouldBasicly I would like to be able to say.. Get information about an Item with an ID of 120, It's Art for one, it's default name, and anoy other information that is stored in the .mul files.

2. a way to quickly determine which Items exist in the Static collection without having to walk the entire collection in a for next loop and checking to see if the Art() is nothing. This is currently extreamly slow and is the reason the Gump editor resorts to caching this information. It would also be helpfull is Gump Art were accessable in the same way.

3. The ability to apply a Hue to a bitmap was added in the last update, which is awesome, thans a lot for that.

4. Fonts... Being able to access the actual font data so that I can display leble Elements in the way they would be rendered in game.

Melanius

Wanderer
All these sound great Brad, looking forward to see the next release of the new code. I wish i could help you out,but i don't code that well in that field. If you need .asp .html .css access knowledge (a website perhaps) or graphics design let me know :). Keep it comming

Rokam

Wanderer
When I've posted that, It was just a way that I've found to bring the topic to the top back, and have some info about that great tool...

But I don't speak english well and I didnt find a better way to say that.