RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N's Yard And Garden System

A_Li_N

Knight
A_Li_N's Yard And Garden System

**Removed**I have removed the files for the simple reason that they tend to be buggy and I will someday be updating the system to actually contain good coding. I will still provide all the support I can for the current systems though.

It's my Yard and Garden System. As of yet, it does not include any part of the SE expansion, but if you're good enough at scripting to take a look at the code, I think I've made it pretty simple to copy/paste for new pages. Just take a look. (And yes, I know I do gumps wierd, but they work and I'm very happy with this project) Here's the info :

Contents
  • Yard Wand - The simple item that sends the gump. Change the itemID to whatever you want :D
  • Tokens - (Taken from Dupre's Token System) Just a simple item script that I included so you can easily implement the pack on a clean installed server. More on this later.
  • Yard System - All required files for the yard system to work on a clean install.
  • InteriorDecorator - The only base file that is modified.

Features
  • Place any item on the list (well over 400 currently) in and around your house. Currently 10 spaces in either direction, but can be changed.
  • Items placed are owned by the player that placed them, and will not allow others to use.
  • Refund an item by either double clicking on it (Most) or single clicking and select "Sell" (Stairs, gates, floor tiles, water tiles)
  • Gates are lockable.
  • All Items stay through world saves/loads/resets (Including ownership)
  • Set where the gump opens. Will remember the location (Wand dependant)

Installation
  1. Find your InteriorDecorator.cs and backup/delete it
  2. Download the file you wish and place in your custom folder
  3. *Optional* Download Dupre's Token System, Link is in the text file included with zip.
  4. Restart server, distribute your Yard Wands and Tokens.

Here's a couple screenshots :
Main Page
Settings Page

To change the demensions of your Yard, simply go into the YardTarget.cs and look for the two comments. In those lines, you will see 10's. Change these to whichever you want.
EX:
Code:
if( loc.Y > m_From.Location.Y+10 || loc.Y < m_From.Location.Y-10 ) //Change the demensions of the yard HERE
if( loc.X > m_From.Location.X+10 || loc.X < m_From.Location.X-10 ) //and HERE
changed to this :
Code:
if( loc.Y > m_From.Location.Y+7 || loc.Y < m_From.Location.Y-1 ) //Change the demensions of the yard HERE
if( loc.X > m_From.Location.X+5 || loc.X < m_From.Location.X-5 ) //and HERE
would give you 7 steps in front of the house, even with back, and 5 steps on either side.

Feedback, both good and constructive are very much welcome, but please no flaming. Other than that, Enjoy!

**Edit**I think I have edited the InteriorDecorator so that it runs with static housing. But since I do not have the static housing, I cannot be for sure without help from others. If you have static housing, please download the InteriorDecorator.cs that you see below and test it for me, and post any errors you might recieve. Thanks!

**Edit** The singular InteriorDecorator.cs is for use with the Static Housing from script submissions. The zips contain their own for non-Static Housing shards.

**Edit** Fixed the tiny bug in the gold version saying you don't have enough tokens. Look down the thread to find the code fix, or re-download the gold pack and replace YardTarget.cs

**Edit** Fixed a crash (I believe) when a player gets removed from the shard and another player double clicks the un-owned items.

Aaliyah

Wanderer
I downloaded the system with the tokens and replaced my interior decorator with yours and these are the 2 errors I am getting.

Error: Scripts\Custom\Items\Yard and Garden System\InteriorDecorator.cs: CS0101: <line 13, columb 14> The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'DecoratCommand'

Error: Scripts\Custom\Items\Yard and Garden System\InteriorDecorator.cs: CS0101: <line 21, columb 15> The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'InteriorDecorator'

I replaced my Interior Decorator before I got these errors. Any idea how to fix those errors?

A_Li_N

Knight
aleon said:
but like you give to the player for free?or is it sold on vendor?
That is totally up to you my friend.

Aaliyah said:
I downloaded the system with the tokens and replaced my interior decorator with yours and these are the 2 errors I am getting.

Error: Scripts\Custom\Items\Yard and Garden System\InteriorDecorator.cs: CS0101: <line 13, columb 14> The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'DecoratCommand'

Error: Scripts\Custom\Items\Yard and Garden System\InteriorDecorator.cs: CS0101: <line 21, columb 15> The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition for 'InteriorDecorator'

I replaced my Interior Decorator before I got these errors. Any idea how to fix those errors?
I'm assuming you downloaded both the zip and the singular InteriorDecorator.cs? The singular one is for use with StaticHousing. The zips contain their own...sorry for the confusion...will make a note of that in the main thread.

Mekaylah

Wanderer
This system is awesome. As soon as I can figure out how, I am going to make these special tokens spawn on the old time regular monsters in dungeons. This is a great way to get people back into those dungeons and away from the custom ones for a while. :) Awesome job!!!

A_Li_N

Knight
Fixed that small bug :) Re-upped the files.

And just to let you all know, I will not be updating this system. I am currently working on something much larger that will incorperate this (at least the concept). All I can say right now is it's going to (most likely) be called the Feudal System.....It's just starting, and you will probably be seeing me post things in the script help forums on parts of it, but it'll be something pretty new to RunUO, I promise!

For those who just want to fix the code, from the Gold version, go into YardTarget.cs and go down to line 212, or just search for "tokens" and change it to "gold" :)

Token

I am currently working on something much larger that will incorperate this (at least the concept). All I can say right now is it's going to (most likely) be called the Feudal System....
Nice can't wait to see it.

For those who just want to fix the code, from the Gold version, go into YardTarget.cs and go down to line 212, or just search for "tokens" and change it to "gold" :)
Thx that will make it much easier.

giric

Sorceror
How do I make the yard itself? by using the YardWand, all I get is the option to place items, and I can't place anything unless I am actually inside the house... I want a 10x5 rectangle in front of my player's houses, but I just can't work out how to make the area act like a house...

Help please! This looks like a great script if only I had more information!

There were NO help/instruction files in the package I downloaded...

Giric

A_Li_N

Knight
giric said:
How do I make the yard itself? by using the YardWand, all I get is the option to place items, and I can't place anything unless I am actually inside the house... I want a 10x5 rectangle in front of my player's houses, but I just can't work out how to make the area act like a house...

Help please! This looks like a great script if only I had more information!

There were NO help/instruction files in the package I downloaded...

Giric
Simple Answer....You don't :)
More in depth answer -
I wanted it that way. The "Yard" you can define as I have stated before, but as for making a specific area like you're saying, I wasn't planning on anything like that. I wanted it so they could basicly add decorations (yard) to outside their house, and only in a small proximity to their house. Didn't want them to be throwing random items all over the world. And that is the way I figured out to do it at the time :)

New system in the works, still long ways off, that will greatly expand on this basic concept....

nineismine

Wanderer
what is the setting page for? every time I set anything there I see "You must enter a integer value in each box {0, 200,425}

A_Li_N

Knight
nineismine said:
what is the setting page for? every time I set anything there I see "You must enter a integer value in each box {0, 200,425}
It allows you to position where the gump will open.
Enter the x,y coordinates that you want it to open. Examples would be 0,0 ; 300,300 ; 230,502 ; etc

A_Li_N

Knight
Can't believe I missed adding that feature to the list. With the modified InterierDecorator I supplied, you can use them to raise/lower the items.

Greystar

Wanderer
A_Li_N said:
No update needed, but just thought I'd bring it into the new to start only supporting 1.0.0.

It's my Yard and Garden System. As of yet, it does not include any part of the SE expansion, but if you're good enough at scripting to take a look at the code, I think I've made it pretty simple to copy/paste for new pages. Just take a look. (And yes, I know I do gumps wierd, but they work and I'm very happy with this project) Here's the info :

Contents
  • Yard Wand - The simple item that sends the gump. Change the itemID to whatever you want :D
  • Tokens - (Taken from Dupre's Token System) Just a simple item script that I included so you can easily implement the pack on a clean installed server. More on this later.
  • Yard System - All required files for the yard system to work on a clean install.
  • InteriorDecorator - The only base file that is modified.

Features
  • Place any item on the list (well over 400 currently) in and around your house. Currently 10 spaces in either direction, but can be changed.
  • Items placed are owned by the player that placed them, and will not allow others to use.
  • Refund an item by either double clicking on it (Most) or single clicking and select "Sell" (Stairs, gates, floor tiles, water tiles)
  • Gates are lockable.
  • All Items stay through world saves/loads/resets (Including ownership)
  • Set where the gump opens. Will remember the location (Wand dependant)

Installation
  1. Find your InteriorDecorator.cs and backup/delete it
  2. Download the file you wish and place in your custom folder
  3. *Optional* Download Dupre's Token System, Link is in the text file included with zip.
  4. Restart server, distribute your Yard Wands and Tokens.

Here's a couple screenshots :
Main Page
Settings Page

To change the demensions of your Yard, simply go into the YardTarget.cs and look for the two comments. In those lines, you will see 10's. Change these to whichever you want.
EX:
Code:
if( loc.Y > m_From.Location.Y+10 || loc.Y < m_From.Location.Y-10 ) //Change the demensions of the yard HERE
if( loc.X > m_From.Location.X+10 || loc.X < m_From.Location.X-10 ) //and HERE
changed to this :
Code:
if( loc.Y > m_From.Location.Y+7 || loc.Y < m_From.Location.Y-1 ) //Change the demensions of the yard HERE
if( loc.X > m_From.Location.X+5 || loc.X < m_From.Location.X-5 ) //and HERE
would give you 7 steps in front of the house, even with back, and 5 steps on either side.

Feedback, both good and constructive are very much welcome, but please no flaming. Other than that, Enjoy!

**Edit**I think I have edited the InteriorDecorator so that it runs with static housing. But since I do not have the static housing, I cannot be for sure without help from others. If you have static housing, please download the InteriorDecorator.cs that you see below and test it for me, and post any errors you might recieve. Thanks!

**Edit** The singular InteriorDecorator.cs is for use with the Static Housing from script submissions. The zips contain their own for non-Static Housing shards.

**Edit** Fixed the tiny bug in the gold version saying you don't have enough tokens. Look down the thread to find the code fix, or re-download the gold pack and replace YardTarget.cs

This is an excellent system. I love it, but I do have one simple question... Modifying the Yard Tool so that it checks to see if you are within x steps of your house for placing things... Since I have a very small playerbase and always will I increased the yard size.. The catch to that is the yard tool... I can have something places all the way to the edge of the screen but a gm has to move it farther for the player if they want it moved. Also one other thing I like about this system.. if you place a STEP (square block) withing the edge of the foundation of a house it makes it so you can create a door and use it to the left and north sides of the house... so now I can make a custom house face ANY direction thanks again. But help with making the Yard tool use InRange of the house would be helpfull...

A_Li_N

Knight
I've stopped updating this system (unless theres a bug). Working on something new and much bigger. Sorry. You could give it a try and post in support any errors you have to get help. My suggestion would be to figure out how to change it so the target checks within x squares of the location, and if there's a house, and if that house is owned by the player, allow placing. This would most likely be in YardTarget.cs. Hope you figure it out! And if you do, feel free to post your results in here for everyone else.

Darkages

Wanderer
Delete items in yard?

Is it possible for players to delete items they dont want anymore in yard, cause i can't see it?

sorry to bring back that old post.