RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

A_Li_N's Yard And Garden System

Greystar

Wanderer
Mekaylah said:
I just went in and replaced it all since it seemed so much easier. All of their yard decorations stayed and they kept their yard wand. The yard wand automatically changed from using tokens to using gold so I didn't have to give those out again either. :)

Thanks again for this script A_Li_N. I think this is my player's favorite and mine too. My players surprise me time and time again of how creative they are with this tool.

When I found this file my players got a kick out of it, they built a guild fortress out of four houses of people in the same guild was kool looking too

A_Li_N

Knight
Glad you guys enjoy it. I'v both seen and built some pretty nice looking things with it. Sorry the item count kills save times though :(

blackgriffin

Wanderer
any way you could like link the items together so that uo considered it all one item? would solve a bunch of problems (save time, yards staying down, etc)

A_Li_N

Knight
I know of no way to do this...Even addons are all seperate items when it comes to serializing. I've tried looking into houses and see how they allow customization, but I couldn't figure it out.

Mekaylah

Wanderer
Greystar said:
When I found this file my players got a kick out of it, they built a guild fortress out of four houses of people in the same guild was kool looking too

I would love to see that!!

Mekaylah

Wanderer
A_Li_N said:
Glad you guys enjoy it. I'v both seen and built some pretty nice looking things with it. Sorry the item count kills save times though :(

It hasn't affected my save times at all. I have a rule on my shard that keeps houses spaced out. It helps keep lag down considerably. :)

merlyn2000

Sorceror
yardwand modified: binds itself to its owner character

binds itself to its owner character, and doesnt allow anyone else to use it.

Attachments

• YardWand.cs
    3.4 KB · Views: 64

artio

Wanderer
ANyone that can help

i know this script isnt supported anymore and that A_Li_N is working on something bigger and better, but we really are struggling with this issue.

It seems that players are able to place yard items and raise or lower them with the interior decorator up to 100 times. I am no scripter, not even close. Is there ANYone that can tell me where/how to make it so that the yard items cannot go below ground or above a certain point? :confused:

People have begun building secret homes in the black, and it is getting to be an issue. :mad:

Thank you in advance for any help i can give to our main Admin.:)

A_Li_N

Knight
artio said:
i know this script isnt supported anymore and that A_Li_N is working on something bigger and better, but we really are struggling with this issue.

It seems that players are able to place yard items and raise or lower them with the interior decorator up to 100 times. I am no scripter, not even close. Is there ANYone that can tell me where/how to make it so that the yard items cannot go below ground or above a certain point? :confused:

People have begun building secret homes in the black, and it is getting to be an issue. :mad:

Thank you in advance for any help i can give to our main Admin.:)
I support still...the 'bigger and better' got scrapped, since someone released something kinda like it and the way I would do mine would require a core mod to make it worth anything. When I get home tonight from work and errands, I will take a look at the script to see where I missed the checks.

A_Li_N

Knight
Untested

This is untested, so if someone that has the system installed could try it out and see if it works and report back, that would be great.

Attachments

• InteriorDecorator.cs
    9.2 KB · Views: 49

artio

Wanderer
update

im sorry to hear you scrapped bigger and better. I love the yard wand and thank yo usooo much for this i will test it and let you know :}

So far the update is working great. :D the players are a little upset that they cannot raise or lowere any part of a yard, but understand that the actions of the few have consequenses to the masses.
It also helps for them to know that they can page and get assistance form staff for raising/lowering. They have seemed to grow fond of placing docks :D

Thank you very much for the fix

Tagon

Wanderer
Has anyone created an end users guide to this. Or a tips and tricks page. I thing this would be a nice edition to my shard but don't really want to foot endless questions about how to use it.

A_Li_N

Knight
Tagon said:
Has anyone created an end users guide to this. Or a tips and tricks page. I thing this would be a nice edition to my shard but don't really want to foot endless questions about how to use it.
It's not extremely hard to figure out...best way to learn it would be to just load it up and start playing around with it. Any 'guide' that a player could use would be as complicated to read as the wand itself, so it would be pointless.

Tagon

Wanderer
A_Li_N said:
It's not extremely hard to figure out...best way to learn it would be to just load it up and start playing around with it. Any 'guide' that a player could use would be as complicated to read as the wand itself, so it would be pointless.

Yea I added it and have been playing with a bit it is like house design easy to use. Just thinking of the best way to get the players the wand.

Kerzed Soul

Wanderer
new bug

ok i read you arent working on this anymore but that you are supporting it we have found out that any players can sell the tiles that another player has put down at thier own house and it has the ability to cause a hellacious problem on the shard for those who know about this bug as of now only 2 players know of it and it was done accidently they can also change the lock/unlock status on doors and Admins cant even open them without changing them to unlocked

A_Li_N

Knight
Kerzed Soul said:
ok i read you arent working on this anymore but that you are supporting it we have found out that any players can sell the tiles that another player has put down at thier own house and it has the ability to cause a hellacious problem on the shard for those who know about this bug as of now only 2 players know of it and it was done accidently they can also change the lock/unlock status on doors and Admins cant even open them without changing them to unlocked
I see only one way that what you are saying would be possilbe...if you deleted the original owner.
This is the code that is checked :
Code:
if( m_Placer == null || from == m_Placer || from.AccessLevel >= AccessLevel.GameMaster )
for both the double clicking to refund and add the Lock option to the context menus. So if m_Placer (The original peroson that placed it) is null or the AccessLevel is greater or equal to GameMaster or the person that clicked is the original placer, then it will work. There's no bug that can be found on my part. Make sure that there are Placers on pieces you find that can be used by others. If there is not, then the original mobile probably was deleted (leaving m_Placer as null)

Kerzed Soul

Wanderer
an apology

A_LI_N i must apologize for this post i jumped ahead of myself and didnt actually download the script and look into it ( i was busy working on a few things when i got a page about the problem ) but the Co-Owner of the shard wasn't available and he has it so i just posted the bug thinking that if anyone else had this problem it would be a good thing to post it, anyways you hit our problem on the spot the player who is having issues had deleted the original characters (not the account) and was having the problems , so he will have to resell all his deco he added with the Yard Wand and do it again with his new character again im sorry for my naivity and thank you for addressing this with me

A_Li_N

Knight
Kerzed Soul said:
A_LI_N i must apologize for this post i jumped ahead of myself and didnt actually download the script and look into it ( i was busy working on a few things when i got a page about the problem ) but the Co-Owner of the shard wasn't available and he has it so i just posted the bug thinking that if anyone else had this problem it would be a good thing to post it, anyways you hit our problem on the spot the player who is having issues had deleted the original characters (not the account) and was having the problems , so he will have to resell all his deco he added with the Yard Wand and do it again with his new character again im sorry for my naivity and thank you for addressing this with me
It's all good. Better that people post things they think are bugs than to not worry about it. I can always just say that it's not and show why if I need to :)

Cyndrz

Wanderer
We have been having an issue where when a players account becomes inactive or if a piece of yard is left behind ect. and a diffrent player comes along and tries to double click the piece of yard the server crashes. Anyway to make it so if the house goes the yard goes also or to stop the crashes from happening. Thank You