RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACC - Complete Spell System

A_Li_N

Knight
KnitePrince;798536 said:
What I do know is that the current release compiles and 'runs' perfectly fine on a clean install of the latest SVN.
Do you have the latest SVN or are you running the release?

No, and thats most likely my problem...
I have no knowledge of what SVN even means, I thought it might be the Core code etc, I had no idea that it was just another release of the game like 1.0, RC1, RC2 etc... My Shard was Murdered by Mother nature shortly after 2.0 was released, we were looking at updating when the disaster struck, and i am only now settled into rebuilding... so much has changed :(
I tried and fought with RC2 for about two weeks, then decided to try RC1 as recomended in another post, and within an hour had a shard up and running, so am Still using RC1.... I've managed to get every system i wanted in and running, All spells with cast command is the last "Major" hurtle.. after that, only balancing and weaks of tweaking...
Is it possible for me to modify this to work with RC1?

It's very possible, as I believe that's what it was originally designed on. I couldn't say for sure what would be needed to take it back that far, and I have no access to UO files for the next week (I have the scripts, but no actual mul files).

There are tons of changes in RC2 and forward to the SVN which would make systems not work on them, but the changes that have been made are very good ones and probably worth starting from and getting the systems working on them.

I can *TRY* to make the system work on the older systems or work on the errors that are being thrown out by your server, but I think we should move those to PM so future people are not confused and think the system does not work.

I'm about to board a plane and will be doing actual work on it, then vacation...PM me the error messages you have and what version of RunUO you are using, etc. I'll check back when I find internet again. From the error logs you posted, it looks like you're using RunUO 2.0. I'm downloading 2.0 and 1.0 right now, so if I find time to work on things, I'll give you a holler.

A_Li_N

Knight
jokik;798735 said:
you ever going to include any other packages ? such as the ultima VI ones in lucids all spells?

As far as I'm aware, all spell systems ever released on RunUO are included here. I believe Avatar is the same system as the 'Ultima VI' spells. If I'm mistaken, please feel free to send me a link of any spell systems that are not included and I will work on getting them in.

How do you Change the Spell Book to be empty on creation? I set it in the settings.cs to false but it not working, and would like to know cause some systems i want it to be full but others i dont.. Im guessing u have to change this line:

public BardSpellbook() : this( (ulong)0, CSSettings.FullSpellbooks )

but dont know what to change or where to lol.. Any help will be appreciated!

A_Li_N

Knight
TheAvatar1;798915 said:
How do you Change the Spell Book to be empty on creation? I set it in the settings.cs to false but it not working, and would like to know cause some systems i want it to be full but others i dont.. Im guessing u have to change this line:

public BardSpellbook() : this( (ulong)0, CSSettings.FullSpellbooks )

but dont know what to change or where to lol.. Any help will be appreciated!

If you change the CSSettings.FullSpellbooks to false in that file, it should cause all spellbooks to be created empty.

If you want just a couple types to be empty, you should be able to change the constructor that you gave above to be:
public BardSpellbook() : this( (ulong)0, false )

Lemme know if either of these do not work.

A_Li_N;799093 said:
If you change the CSSettings.FullSpellbooks to false in that file, it should cause all spellbooks to be created empty.

If you want just a couple types to be empty, you should be able to change the constructor that you gave above to be:
public BardSpellbook() : this( (ulong)0, false )

Lemme know if either of these do not work.

Worked Awsome! Thanks Man!

Siege_1

Wanderer
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2959.20979
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 3 warnings)
Errors:[/B]
 [COLOR="Red"]+ CUSTOM/Complete Spell System/-=+ 03 Systems/Rogue/Spells/Charm.cs:
    CS0122: Line 307: 'Server.Commands.Dupe.CopyProperties(Server.Item, Server.I
tem)' is inaccessible due to its protection level 
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.[/COLOR]

Not sure how to even go about fixing this one. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

A_Li_N

Knight
Siege_1;800076 said:
Code:
RunUO - [www.runuo.com] Version 2.0, Build 2959.20979
Core: Running on .NET Framework Version 2.0.50727
Core: Optimizing for 2 processors
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 3 warnings)
Errors:[/B]
 [COLOR="Red"]+ CUSTOM/Complete Spell System/-=+ 03 Systems/Rogue/Spells/Charm.cs:
    CS0122: Line 307: 'Server.Commands.Dupe.CopyProperties(Server.Item, Server.I
tem)' is inaccessible due to its protection level 
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.[/COLOR]

Not sure how to even go about fixing this one. Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-releases/95653-acc-complete-spell-system.html#post795445

Siege_1

Wanderer
Thanks. I figured I wasnt the only one to get that so I did scroll through the thread...without my glasses. :) Got them on now though. Thanks for the systems and the link to fix!

Siege_1

Wanderer
jokik;797749 said:
brilliant scripts , i tried lucid's all spells but haha , lets just say i had to reinstall my runuo. this worked perfectly but i was wandering, what skills do you need to be able to cast druid spells? i have all skills at 6555.5 on my admin so i cant really tell but on my test char he cant cast at 100 mage thanks in advance

Not sure about A-Li_Ns but Lucids if you had any natural necro skill, yo couldnt cast druid and I think even cleric. Hope this helps even though its a little late. :)

Thilgon

Sorceror
Druid spells uses animal lore as damaging skill, and magery as main skill, if i remember correctly, while Cleric uses mh, can't remember quite, spirit speak i think...

A_Li_N

Knight
Siege_1;800124 said:
Not sure about A-Li_Ns but Lucids if you had any natural necro skill, yo couldnt cast druid and I think even cleric. Hope this helps even though its a little late. :)

Thilgon;800137 said:
Druid spells uses animal lore as damaging skill, and magery as main skill, if i remember correctly, while Cleric uses mh, can't remember quite, spirit speak i think...

http://www.runuo.com/forums/custom-script-releases/95653-acc-complete-spell-system-2.html#post797752
:)

A_Li_N

Knight
I posted a second package for use with RunUO 2.0 that addresses the two errors people were having. It's the same files as the regular (SVN) package with the errors fixed. If you've already done the two fixes in this thread, you can ignore this update.

How can i make it soo that players can use the scroll in there pack ? right now when u try to use just the scroll its temp disabled.

A_Li_N

Knight
TheAvatar1;800454 said:
How can i make it soo that players can use the scroll in there pack ? right now when u try to use just the scroll its temp disabled.
Interesting mistake caused by copy/paste of code...
Go to Complete Spell System \ Core \ SpellInfoRegistry.cs
Line 113 looks like this:
Code:
else if (school == School.Invalid && !CheckBooksForSchool(caster, type))
Change it to look like this:
Code:
else if (school == School.Invalid && scroll == null && !CheckBooksForSchool(caster, type))
I have made the change and it will be included in the next update after I get the Ancient/Ultima VII spells converted (about 50% done now).

Thanks for pointing it out!