RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACC - Public Gates

A_Li_N

Knight
ACC - Public Gates

Description
This Public Gates system is something I created to replace (or in addition with) the default PublicMoongate. GM's can add/edit/remove locations on-the-fly.

Notes
Please see the notes in ACC Core post. Link below.
Testing done was limited to loading server, importing distro locations (as described above), saving, loading. Also added location from current gate.

Installation
Download and install ACC Core.
Download package.
Extract to your Customs folder (replace old files if updating)

Instructions on Use
*If you want the distro categories/locations, download the Public Gate Distro Export.zip and extract to the server folder. (Should end with <SERVER>\ACC Exports\System - 060112-000018.pgs)
Load server.
*Type [acc and go to Public Gates, hit Import and import the System.

Updates
2009-03-29 - Fixed Import feature on ACC menu not allowing to select Categories or Locations. Wrote in-game guides located on my website linked below.
2009-03-27 - Update to latest SVN (313). Various other small fixes to make it work after 2 years of being dormant.
2007-02-07 - First post, 'get it working' update to run on the latest SVN.

ACC Collection Links
ACC Core
ACC Central Memory
ACC Yard and Garden System
ACC Complete Spell System
ACC Spellweaving, Bushido, Mysticism and Ninjitsu (tass23)

Attachments

• Public Gate Distro Export.zip
    824 bytes · Views: 927
  • Public Gates - 20090329-222552.rar
    11.6 KB · Views: 619

A_Li_N

Knight
Yay for updating for 3 hours today just to find that the changes are not as practical as I had originally thought. It's amazing how VS can hold 3 hours of changes in the 'undo' list.....
*Goes back to the drawing board*

Welcome Back

A_Li_N;650862 said:
Yay for updating for 3 hours today just to find that the changes are not as practical as I had originally thought. It's amazing how VS can hold 3 hours of changes in the 'undo' list.....
*Goes back to the drawing board*

Welcome back Alien! I am looking forward to seeing your 2.0 updates. Thanks.

Could it be possible to set it up so you can organize the category and/or gates within the gump? That way if you decide to add either another location or category in the gate it would be easy to move them around?

milvaen

Wanderer
Errors:
+ CustomS/Public Gates/PGSystem.cs:
CS0246: Line 10: The type or namespace name 'ACCSystem' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

A_Li_N

Knight
milvaen;653059 said:
Errors:
+ CustomS/Public Gates/PGSystem.cs:
CS0246: Line 10: The type or namespace name 'ACCSystem' could not be found (
are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

*Points at the first installation instruction*

A_Li_N

Knight
seirge;653540 said:
My client (2d, 5.0.4) crashes when I try to enter the gate. Any ideas?

Update your client. That's the only idea I can come up with because:
1) I have no way of testing on that client to what could be causing it.
2) You should always have the latest client.

seirge

Wanderer
Sorry, This issue is smth connected to mono, not your system. I hope I can fix mono to run your wonderful gates.

hmm i dont know but how do i add them when i open the script for the gates its all in squares and shit maby im jsut a dumass i dunno oh well

A_Li_N

Knight
SatinsMailMan;653920 said:
hmm i dont know but how do i add them when i open the script for the gates its all in squares and shit maby im jsut a dumass i dunno oh well

You don't add gates via the scripts...it's all in-game.

PS:
I forgot to add the distro locations export...it's added now.

nadious

Sorceror
AWESOME system!

I replaced every single last moongate I had with the ones in your system, and have even added several locations to make travel life for my players a lot easier.

They love it. KILLER script! Thanks so much!!!!

Civie

Wanderer
GenGates command isn't working

Hello,

We just converted from 1.0 to 2.0 and so we've downloaded and installed the new ACC and Public Gates as described here. The server is running the current SVN and we're using the current client.

The server compiles fine but inworld typing [gengates just returns "0 public gates generated" and it does nothing. If I type [acc the gump comes up but the Manage and Im/Export pages are blank with no buttons or options.

I manually added one gate with the [add publicgate command. Doing this enables me to add locations from scratch but I'd like to use the default locations and have them automatically generate.

I tried deleting the ACC and Public Gates folders, as well as the ACC Backups and Saves/ACC folders, then restarting the server and reinstalling everything... nothing seems to work. There doesn't seem to be a control stone necessary for this version as there was for the 1.0 version (I tried adding one but it's not constructable).

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Thanks,
Civie

A_Li_N

Knight
Updated

2009-03-27
- Updated to latest SVN (313). See first post for notes.

To Update
Extract all files from rar, overwriting current ones.