RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACC - Public Gates

JamzeMcC

Squire
Lookin thru the code for the gate system, I had to edit it for the same reason. All I did was the same thing as on regular gates. PublicGate.cs Line 72 :
Code:
(!PGC.GetFlag( EntryFlag.StaffOnly ) && ((!PGC.GetFlag( EntryFlag.Reds ) && m.Kills < 5) || PGC.GetFlag( EntryFlag.Reds ))) ||
and line 100:
Code:
  (!PGL.GetFlag( EntryFlag.StaffOnly) && ((!PGL.GetFlag( EntryFlag.Reds ) && m.Kills < 5) || PGL.GetFlag( EntryFlag.Reds ))) ||
all I did was change the 5 to 550. Im sure you could remove that section if you wanted. I just made it 550 to make it easier to keep the numbers place if I ever wanted to readd that part into the gate. Guess I could just comment it out, but thats what I did.

mordredrs

Sorceror
Civie;732177 said:
Hello,

We just converted from 1.0 to 2.0 and so we've downloaded and installed the new ACC and Public Gates as described here. The server is running the current SVN and we're using the current client.

The server compiles fine but inworld typing [gengates just returns "0 public gates generated" and it does nothing. If I type [acc the gump comes up but the Manage and Im/Export pages are blank with no buttons or options.

Any ideas what I've done wrong?

Thanks,
Civie

Same for me here, any help?

A_Li_N

Knight
mordredrs;839101 said:
Same for me here, any help?

Please see the first part under Instructions on Use...
"If you want the distro categories/locations, download the Public Gate Distro Export.zip and extract to the server folder. (Should end with <SERVER>\ACC Exports\System - 060112-000018.pgs)"

Let me know if you have other questions or if it doesn't work.

A_Li_N

Knight
James420;843688 said:
Did you figure out what you needed to make your changes?

Easiest way to do anything like you suggested is to just change the ItemID of the gate (or create a new Item based off of the gate with the new ItemID).

A_Li_N

Knight
shawn22;847855 said:
I can't find the location of the server folder to add your moongate locations

Folder structure is like this:
<Server>\<Scripts>
<Server>\<Saves>
<Server>\Server.exe

In other words, <Server> is the root folder of RunUO.

sec_goat

Squire
I would like to use this system but I am having a hard time getting it to actually generate a gate.

Are there any up to date tutorials around? I can add a locaiton, but I do not know how to add the coordinates so it actually shows up?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
With this system, it's easy to add gates. You can do it a few ways. I find it easier to just add a PublicGate and then walk into it. If you're staff you will see an "Add This Gate" button or w/e it says. It will add the gate with it's location to the main gump, all you have to do is set the name and restrict it to reds/staff/ect.

sec_goat

Squire
With this system, it's easy to add gates. You can do it a few ways. I find it easier to just add a PublicGate and then walk into it. If you're staff you will see an "Add This Gate" button or w/e it says. It will add the gate with it's location to the main gump, all you have to do is set the name and restrict it to reds/staff/ect.
James thanks! I will see if i can [add publicgate. and do it that way. I have all these failed attempts at it and I can't delete them!

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Just globally delete all of the public gates first, and make sure that you start with a clean slate from the [acc setup page. Or else you'll have some "error" gates you don't want.

sec_goat

Squire
Just globally delete all of the public gates first, and make sure that you start with a clean slate from the [acc setup page. Or else you'll have some "error" gates you don't want.

Sounds Like you have some experience with this system. I find that when I have it enabled when I log in I am either half buried in the gorund and unable to move, or in this wierd shadow and unable to move, any Ideas what would cause that?

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Erm...sounds like that is completely unrelated to the system. Sounds like a client version issue or something.

But yes, I have lots of experience with this system. It's been one of my favorite gate systems for years, pretty much when it was released. It's really a nice solid system, I've done my own mods to it myself though. Like adding TerMur to the gates, making a mobile version of the gate (travel book), that charges players. Ect.

This is a nice starting base for any travel system on a shard that doesn't mind making travel a little easier. Since most players absolutely hate having to run EVERYWHERE. Really sucks to run for 10 minutes to get to somewhere that you can't recall to.

I just really suggest going around and adding the publicgates you want manually and adding them to the list like this. Instead of using the global control one, since it's easier to set their location and stuff if you just add the gate and do it this way. So I also suggest you clear out any of the gates/settings from the global control gump before adding your new gates.

sec_goat

Squire
Erm...sounds like that is completely unrelated to the system. Sounds like a client version issue or something.. . .
. .. So I also suggest you clear out any of the gates/settings from the global control gump before adding your new gates.

You are correct I had a client mis match. I had installed ML so I could get Centred working properly, and the RunUO server started using that as the data directory, but i was using client 7.0.10.3. . . .

Now that that is cleared up, how do I clear the gates from central management? I loaded the version from page 1 so it would include all public moongates, but that's a little iffy since some moongates have moved since 2006. I cannot seem to find a way to click delete on a specific gate in the ACC gump.

Thanks again man!

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
If you loaded the default gates that you could download from here also, they should be just fine. Won't hurt to double check them though. If you want to delete a gate entry from the gate gump, you can set it's name to blank and it will remove. As for the ACC gump, you'd have to give me time to look. I rarely use it, so I can't remember exactly. I'm in the middle of updating my client atm, so when I'm done I'll post how to do that if you haven't figured it out by then.

The only thing I don't like about this system, is the fact that you can't re-order the entries/groups. Easily at least...

sec_goat

Squire
The delete by removing the name works great, Making some progress on this for sure! Time to try and mod the system to accept Ter Mur locations as well!

sec_goat

Squire
why what happens when you try to add a gate to ter mur?
Oh at first it wouldn't let me select the TerMur map to put the gate in, so I had to choose trammel etc. I have actually changed the code in my files to recognize the TerMur Map.

Phr3d13

Sorceror
Oh at first it wouldn't let me select the TerMur map to put the gate in, so I had to choose trammel etc. I have actually changed the code in my files to recognize the TerMur Map.
could you give me the code edits you added? i just ran into the same brick wall you did