RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

ACC Yard and Garden

mortenbub

Wanderer
ok so let players know that they will get a refund on the next server save?

thats the stock script?

and will it put a check in their pack?

Because when they demolish a house the yard is still there..

I had the old yard wand loved it but had been trying to make it where when accounts are deleted or homes the stuff deletes as well. Now I tried this version on my test shard I laid stuff with 2 diff accounts on the sahrd with the shovel, I deleted 1 account kept the other It upon save did nothing so i saved and restarted The box server said cleaned up 12 orphaned items, It then when restarting asked me to delete yard stuff with a serial did yes to it it rebooted again said deleted yard shovel had to click yes of course. It did delete the stuff from the deleted account However :( It also deleted all other stuff laid with the shovel so it deleted everything upon an account getting deleted that had yard stuff laid. anyone else with this issues ? :eek:

Grr feel like a tard I re read this and will try again it ahs to be the after save thing I didnt wait long enuff before panicing Im sorry

Ok edit again . I tried deleteing one account that placed with this. It then after save on box server cleaning 9 orphanted items . Half hour past it went to another save said same thing then reboot with save and it deleted everything again the shovel and alll things placed with it from the home that had account deleted and also homes with owners :(

A_Li_N

Knight
No notification..again...

Sorry for not getting back...I had no notifications again that there were replies.

In regards to the deleting of houses and whatnot:
The system will clean up any yard items 'x' seconds after world save...'x' can be set in 'Core\YardSettings.cs'.
The cleanup looks for any items that are not near a house owned by the item's owner. It will put gold in their bank I believe...which should probably be changed at some point.

Gorelord13;831674 said:
Hi, i use your great system :D it is very usefull ad i use it constantly as i build my homes, but how would i go about adding skeletons and gore to this system? i want the bodies and skeletons and bone piles ad such to be able to be placed on the shovel, how would i go about this? any suggestions or has anyone done this before?
Please take a look at 'Core\YardRegistry.cs' Lines 168-692...that is where you can add more items to the system...each 'page' holds 24 items...so if you add 25 items to a category, there will be 2 pages.
RegisterEntry(<CategoryName>, <ItemID>, <ItemName>, <Price>);
That's the structure. You can add more items without modifying my core files so future updates don't erase your changes:
Code:
class MyEntries
{
    public static void Configure()
    {
         YardRegistry.RegisterEntry(...);
    }
}
(If this doesn't work at this exact moment, it might be due to the YardRegistry class being defaulted to private...I will be fixing that momentarily...you can simply put a 'public' in front of it on line 109)

Well what its doing on my test server and it dont delete anything even after 2 saves normal it would say on box server it was deleting but didnt. then after a save and restart it makes u delete the stuff before server will laod , once loaded it didnt only delete the stuff left behind on a deleted account but alll yard stuff even the shovel

Fixxxer

Sorceror
removing items.

I was just quickly messing around with this system and noticed that I could not delete an item once placed, I made a mistake and now there is a fence peice in the middle of the yard and no way to remove it, or am I missing something? Also I did not find any dirt tiles, kinda hard to plant a garden without dirt lol.

Tresdni

Squire
Double click the pieces to remove them...Some need to be single clicked, then click remove on the context menu.

Higlander

Sorceror
i´m using your system also and was very fantastic :)

but how can i add the yardshovel & yarddesigner to an vendor ?

i´m nos so good in scripting :/ (noob) ^^

thx manny for Helping :)

Fixxxer

Sorceror
what i did is add it to my admins vendors, just create the item and create a vendor for your admin and your all set, or if you have a vendor stone you can use that as well.

open one of the vendors SBinfo that you want to sell the item on like (SBRealEstateBroker) and add these lines in with the other lines like this are.

Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( YardShovel ), 50000, 50, 0xF39, 0 ) );
Add( new GenericBuyInfo( typeof( YardDecorator ), 5000, 50, 0xFC1, 0 ) );

The first number 50000 is the cost, the second number is how many they sell so 50, the third is the itemid so it will show on the list as a shovel. and your all set, its in game

Tresdni

Squire
There is a huge flaw in this system, at least with a lot of players online.

- Players are given a second bank box, to them it will seem as if they've lost their bank contents all together. This requires staff to use [viewequip, target the player, scroll over, and delete the second bank box.

- Server crash, at least daily, due to a null reference within the system.

Aurboda

Sorceror
YardItem wipes

I have had issues with after server reboot, requiring deleting all yard items - Not making players happy!.
This happens when some accounts with houses that have yard item sare deleted. It has also accured when a player had deleled his character, then later deleted his house.

I'm wondering if when the script attempts to refund the gold spent, and when it cant it - due to player no longer in existance- causes the wipe at server reset?

What would be the best way to just not give a player credit for yard items, if a yard item is deleted when house is demolished?

also the multiple bank boxes is annoying -

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Multiple bank boxes? I haven't had any problem with this system on my shard yet. But we haven't done a ton of testing with it yet. If it's wanting you to delete all items on startup, something is messed up with the serialize section I would think.

Aurboda

Sorceror
found the yard item wipe issue

I changed the refund portion of the script to just delete the item - deleted the pay to players bank, also needed to delete the comments sent to the player that their item was refunded.

and a save that would have previously required a yard item wipe, was able to load up without requiring the wipe

I believe the issue happened because old inactive accounts where deleted that had yard items.

This is just a band-aid fix, because now players do not get their refund -

rthadius

Traveler
how do i get

:Di downloaded the items and placed both core and the items folders into my custom's folder in scripts bt i cant figure out for to get the items in very new at adding this is my first can some one tell me how to get the items

figured it out:D

Felladrin

Sorceror
Hi, all. Using RunUO 2.1, we get this error:

Code:
CS0246: Line 214: The type or namespace name 'Tile' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)
CS0029: Line 214: Cannot implicitly convert type 'Server.StaticTile[]' to 'Tile[]'
CS0246: Line 220: The type or namespace name 'Tile' could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

EDIT: Ednyved showed me how to solve this problem. Pretty simple: just change Tile[] to StaticTile[]. So the code that was (from line 214 to 220):

Code:
                Tile[] tiles = map.Tiles.GetStaticTiles(item.X, item.Y, true);
                int z = int.MinValue;
                for (int i = 0; i < tiles.Length; ++i)
                {
                    Tile tile = tiles[i];

Should be:

Code:
                StaticTile[] tiles = map.Tiles.GetStaticTiles(item.X, item.Y, true);

int z = int.MinValue;

for (int i = 0; i < tiles.Length; ++i)
                {
                    StaticTile tile = tiles[i];

Lord_Velius

Sorceror
There is a huge flaw in this system, at least with a lot of players online.

- Players are given a second bank box, to them it will seem as if they've lost their bank contents all together. This requires staff to use [viewequip, target the player, scroll over, and delete the second bank box.

- Server crash, at least daily, due to a null reference within the system.

Thats what was causing my crashes?

I removed this one because of the null references, figured it was during placement of items.
I ran in debug and couldn't pull any extra information from it.
This is all it would give me

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.ACC.YS.YardGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
Yeah, this system could use some major fixing or a rewrite. I stopped using it not long after my last post up above, did some digging. Caused tons of crashes, and caused the bank issue (huge pain in the ass when players think they lost their bank.) Besides, with all the new art and shit...would be neat to see a new yard/house decorator built. D: