RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Shards migrate to new Kingdom Reborn

minion552

Wanderer
No I work at IBM in Boulder Colorado IBM Global Solutions. And I work for my own game company me and some friends started Corrupt Image studios.

Yep sounds like IBM they dont care about what they do trust me I know how what your talking about. Shameless almost as shameless as Microsoft Bloatware.

SiENcE

Sorceror
Iris is a great alternative (though is still lacking in support at the moment).

I think we give great support. Did you ask anything, anywhere, anytime in our forum ? We always answer bugreports and forum posts.

You should support yourself the Iris2 development, that we can finish it faster :).

regards

Arkryal

Wanderer
It's not a matter of support in regard to people posting answers. I'm talking OS support, for one. I've not had any luck on either of my Vista64 computers. Some luck on XP SP3, but I'll never run that as it only addresses a meager 3GB of RAM. Has anyone got it working on a 64bit OS yet?

SiENcE

Sorceror
Iris2 runs fine on Windows Xp Sp2, Sp3 and Vista 32bit (if you install directx9) also on Linux Ubuntu and Debian 32bit. If you consult our Forum you can ask there. I'm not often here, because its a runuo forum ;).

We (the devs) dont have a 64bit os. So if you try to compile it, you can support us with informations.

Hey its an open source project and you can contribute if you wanna use it on 64bit. But if you want vista 64bit, you should make it yourself working.

You can also spend us a Vista 64bit edition :).

You can find support in our forum, here is not the place to explain this in detail.

minion552

Wanderer
I got Iris running on Windows XP pro SP2 64x And it runs fine no problems you need to make sure you download C++ Redistro 2005 from Microsoft and are running the .NetFramework 2.0 or higher.

Also I had to update to the newiest drivers for my Video card for it to work right (Am running it on a older 8600Gt) but works fine.

Arkryal

Wanderer
Okay, I loaded XP 64 on an old system and it works, so it shouldn't be a compile issue. Upon further examination it appears to be a DirectX fault. Didn't see anything in the forums on it and it seems isolated to Vista64, So i'll dig a little deeper and see if I can lend anything significant to the issue.

Edit:

Vista64 posts a DX version identical to the redistributable package linked on the site (same date, release # etc.) So I thought I was good on that. Turns out you DO need to do the June 08 download, as apparently MS posts identical version tracking info on multiple, different releases. I should've known better, but hey, at least we solved it. Thanks Anti-Basic for reminding me to check that, I'd have overlooked it and wasted hours otherwise.

minion552

Wanderer
Glad I could be of some help and figured with your tech background you already knew to download the redistro download from Microsoft.

*Note* The 2d client on Vista 64 does work and you can run it on 3d but the unstable version and have to set it to debug mode so needless to say we should use the source code and re compile a version for vista.

its a dx9_33.dll file issue that file is a Vista update file for directx 9. You can find older versions of the file that will work but things like cyrisis/Cod4 and some other directx 10 games wont work on it.

darkstorm

Wanderer
The new client has a new encryption on it like the one used in World of Warcraft where it looks for your serial number that is Registered to the cd key in your Reg files.

That's not true.

Take a look at the UODev boards and judge again. The encryption is just as useless as it used to be.

Arkryal

Wanderer
minion552;773822 said:
*Note* The 2d client on Vista 64 does work and you can run it on 3d but the unstable version and have to set it to debug mode so needless to say we should use the source code and re compile a version for vista.

Yeah, I should elaborate so people don't hit the same pitfall I did. I used redist pack that is linked in the XNA extended dev toolkit. It has an identical version number and same release month and year, but it is a different package. The XNA version lacks some of the legacy D3d libraries. I knew I had just updated it 2 weeks ago, so I didn't bother to download again. However Using the link from the Iris website corrected the issue.

minion552

Wanderer
darkstorm;773847 said:
That's not true.

Take a look at the UODev boards and judge again. The encryption is just as useless as it used to be.

I stand corrected I wonder then why they have a Reg reader file in thier client now if it does nothing.. Maybe to scare the Uo emu community i guess

minion552;773201 said:
Hence why Blizzard and NCsoft have been shutting down emulators for the past 3 years and SOE has a law suit pending against SWGemu.

Might be a bit old hat, but the NCSoft part isn't entirely true. There's a project out there (currently stalled, main site went down mysteriously) called GWLP to emulate NC's Guild Wars, and they have said, on many occasions, that they had no problems with it so long as they added authentication code that ensured they had bought copies of GW and/or it's expansions. In fact, I still have the source for that project hanging around somewhere.

I, personally, would love to see some form of support for Kingdom Reborn; it looks pretty good from what I've seen. Having more options is almost always a good thing. :)