RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Shards migrate to new Kingdom Reborn

alexannder

Sorceror
All Shards migrate to new Kingdom Reborn

All shards should migrate to the new Kingdom Reborn Client.

Old 2D version? i think the 3d version is better. but not supported anymore.

So only thing left to do is fixing razor with new client:D

Alex21

Sorceror
alexannder;770849 said:
All shards should migrate to the new Kingdom Reborn Client.

Old 2D version? i think the 3d version is better. but not supported anymore.

So only thing left to do is fixing razor with new client:D

I wouldn't mind KR support either, 2D client is growing kinda stale.

Pyro-Tech

Knight
RunUO (and therefore all their projects) has already said they themselves will not move towards KR support. So that would also mean ConnectUO and Razor.

I wouldn't mind it either but...I respect their decision

EDIT: oh that's the thread he was posting....oops :?

Alex21

Sorceror
Radwen;770886 said:
Partial support ... what did he actually accomplish other than the gumps?

Don't know, i been looking through the gumps though with WinMerge trying to see what he has done, and what needs to be done, i also been thinking maybe i could make a razor like application for KR for the general community.

Vorspire

Knight
If someone were to create an extensive packet log file for the new client, i'm sure the community can gradually build support into the servers without the RunUO dev Team's help...

Jeff

Lord
Alex21;770891 said:
Don't know, i been looking through the gumps though with WinMerge trying to see what he has done, and what needs to be done, i also been thinking maybe i could make a razor like application for KR for the general community.

Are you ready to learn C++ ?

Jeff

Lord
Pyro-Tech;771238 said:
C++ isn't too bad....i took a course on it in highschool and it isn't TOO different than C#....it's do-able

I wasnt saying it wasnt do-able, i just question his ability.

alexannder

Sorceror
UO KR vs 2D client

Alex21;770852 said:
I wouldn't mind KR support either, 2D client is growing kinda stale.

As for what i have seen so far UOKR is the 3D client. UOKR is a 3d version mixed with the 2D. example: The horses are a look alike of the horses used in the 2d client. It is the 2D client in a new 3D world.

Also they have a macro system wich can do almost everything. Only they mis record macro option.

make macro hiding. hide, delay 10 sec, hide delay 10 sec, hide, delay 10 sec, hide, delay 10 sec ect up to ten times, This one macro with hiding 10 times in it. This macro can be repeated voor 10 times.
If you do it wright. U have a macro with hundred times hiding.:D

I think: We have older software and new software, Why use the old software when you have a brand new client. Shard owners should make copy of their shard. Migrate copy of server to the new Kingdom Reborn. Test new server. When it works you continue using new software. Before you upgrade always create a backup. So when upgrade fails you still have the old systeem up. :)

I think it wil be need if you can play on your own server with new client. So you dont have to start all over with skills. :(

Even today i play 3D version. I use old Razor and Mondain Legacy. client.exe is for starting 2d session. uotd.exe is used by 3D session. Latest Razor works different then old. Also donot update 3d client. They (EA) sabotaged the uotd.exe. After patching the uotd.exe is useless. You receive message that it is not suported.

I have one request / proposal for new server. a bless deed for bags/weapon/armor :D

Why use older software when you can use new? :D I looking forward to the Abyss:cool:

alexannder

Sorceror
alexannder;771260 said:
As for what i have seen so far UOKR is the 3D client. UOKR is a 3d version mixed with the 2D. example: The horses are a look alike of the horses used in the 2d client. It is the 2D client in a new 3D world.

Also they have a macro system wich can do almost everything. Only they mis record macro option.

make macro hiding. hide, delay 10 sec, hide delay 10 sec, hide, delay 10 sec, hide, delay 10 sec ect up to ten times, This one macro with hiding 10 times in it. This macro can be repeated voor 10 times.

I think: We have older software and new software, Why use the old software when you have a brand new client. Shard owners should make copy of their shard. Migrate copy of server to the new Kingdom Reborn. Test new server. When it works you continue using new software. Before you upgrade always create a backup. So when upgrade fails you still have the old systeem up. :)

I think it wil be need if you can play on your own server with new client. So you dont have to start all over with skills. :(

Even today i play 3D version. I use old Razor and Mondain Legacy. client.exe is for starting 2d session. uotd.exe is used by 3D session. Latest Razor works different then old. Also donot update 3d client. They (EA) sabotaged the uotd.exe. After patching the uotd.exe is useless. You receive message that it is not suported.

I have one request / proposal for new server. a bless deed for bags/weapon/armor :D

Why use older software when you can use new? :D I looking forward to the Abyss:cool:

It is like this. You have two cars. One car without airco and a newer car with airco. Wich car do you prefer to Ride on a summerday. :)

greywolf79

Sorceror
alexannder;771260 said:

For the most part of your post it has been answered... There is a large base for the old stuff and it is reliable. The new stuff might be eye candy but it is not reliable and has more problems. But becareful of posts, you made a request for a script. This is against the rules and you need to be careful. Post for help in the correct section if you need help making it, but not many will be willing to make it for you... Good luck.

GreyWolf.

Jeff

Lord
alexannder;771260 said:

The new client has ZERO 2d in it, aside from gumps, all entities are 3d.

Alex21

Sorceror
Well if i can learn C++ as good as i have learned C# should only take me a year and a half.... :)

Do you have to write a program like razor in C++?, i for some reason believed razor was written in .Net

Jeff

Lord
Alex21;771310 said:
Well if i can learn C++ as good as i have learned C# should only take me a year and a half.... :)

Do you have to write a program like razor in C++?, i for some reason believed razor was written in .Net
The components that manage talking to the client and the encryption are C++