RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Spell Books 2.0

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
ssalter: I've tried to update the original mages ballad song which i was successful at, the mana regen numbers were too low. But I can't seem to figure out how to get it to work with what you have applied to the new set of spells you posted. Here is the file if you could switch it like you did to the others that would be great! thx

-Sly

Attachments

• MagesBalladSong.cs
    2.5 KB · Views: 24

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
duh?!? i got it working :) here is the original Mage's Ballad spell that does mana regen.

Hopefully tomorrow the Undead system will be posted. Lucid Nagual is just finishing some final touch ups.

Here is how the Undead necro system will work...
It uses a smart book and the first two pages that are opened show the basic 16 necro spells and when you turn the page it shows the undead spells.

I just renamed the existing necro scrolls, book as to not have server conflicts. It will be easy to phase out existing necro stuff with this update. Just remove the items from NPC's and switch up the loot system to drop the new scrolls.

Only thing added to the necro spells is a new familiar i wrote. Just have to wait and try it out when All Spell Books 3.0 is released :)

-Sly

Attachments

• MagesBalladSong.cs
    2.6 KB · Views: 35

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
Lot's of new fixes & two new spell systems (necro combined w/ undead). Thanks to everyone thats is helping! All the proper thanks are in the readme files and in the main first post along with the new .zip files.

X-SirSly-X

Vending

I will be working on special vendors that correctly display the custom items. I'll post them when i am done.

Here are the new full Spellbooks:

Attachments

• FullSpellbooks.cs
    6.2 KB · Views: 88
I don't know if its been said yet, but a few posible Ranger spells could be, Charm animal/person, animal companion (fimilar panthers, dire bears, rats...etc), hold animal/person. bark or stone skin, flawless tracking, maybe some D&D 3rd E feats like cleave, rapid shot or the like.
for rouge create trap would be nice. or the reverse detect trap, (only good against other rouge though if only they set traps :)) maybe s spell that would increase LP for a short time. or assasins dagger spell to bless a dagger.
I know you guys are very bussy, I just saw that you wanted a few ideas :)

P.S. a falcon fimilar that you could possess would be really cool.

Suggestions

I see several that are possible. Including the dagger. I'll try and create some of these when I get some time. Thanks for the input. :)

Hey got a question, Im adding all these new scrols to my loot pack right, and I noticed that the necromancers cure is named CurePoisonScroll, Will that actually spawn a necromencers scroll or a mages scroll written like that? Couldn't the spell for necromencers be called something like Vanquish Venom so theres an obviuos diffrence?

That just sounds better too for the evil dudes :)

Scrolls

Actually u'r not the only person who has said that. But the mages spell is called Cure, and the undead one is called CurePoison. I would of called it something similar to what u have said, but I wanted people to have an idea of what it was for instead of having to read the description over and over til the spell settled in the memory. However when I was thinking of Venom I imagined it would be neat if venom was a new form of necromancers poison. If I did that somewhere down the road....then I'd save that name for like the Monk or Pally to cure the venom. Thanks for your comment..........Oh and did you change the lootpack? If you did can I have a copy it would save me some trouble. :) THX

Well what i did for loot back was replace the existing normal neccromancer spells, with the undead necromancer spells instead of adding diffrent ones then I went to chacter creation and added the undead necromancer book and deleted the normal one. I also added Bard Song book to bard creation but I have yet to actually finish that. I was testing them as I added them to make sure they all worked. I havent finished adding the other spells yet Im still debating on how I should add non necromancer spells.

I think What Im going to do is just add them to the necromancy scrolls as well, but I belive not all monsters that drop, regular scolls drop necromancy scrolls, and the necs are probably have a less chance of being droped so if I add more scrolls other then nec scrolls it could take forever to get the ocmplete spell book ya want heh. Ive made minor changes to my spell list the file names are the same, but the actuall spell names are changed heh. Some of the bard spells names needed a space in them I went and fixed them all.

Im also working on Editing the AI for necromencers written by Final Relms I think, to add some of the new spells. If I can figure it out I can make some AIs for the other new spells and classes.

One more question about Lootpack. I have been going by the required skill needed to cast, to figure out where to place them in loot, low, med, high. spells that require 0-34.9 are low levels, from 35-78.9 are meds, and 79-100 highs but for magus and rouge spells it doesn't say required skill needed to cast it. any way I can get a list of the required skill needed to cast the spells for those books?

errors

i tried to put the updated bard spell system in and got this:

World: Loading...An error was encountered while loading a saved object
- Type: Server.Items.Harp
- Serial: 0x4000D50A
Delete the object? (y/n)
y
Delete all objects of that type? (y/n)
y
After pressing return an exception will be thrown and the server will terminate

Error:
System.Exception: Load failed (items=True, mobiles=False, guilds=False, regions=
False, type=Server.Items.Harp, serial=0x4000D50A) ---> System.Exception: ***** B
ad serialize on Server.Items.Harp *****
at Server.World.Load()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Server.World.Load()
at Server.ScriptCompiler.Compile(Boolean debug)
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
This exception is fatal, press return to exit

it does this if i put y or n :(

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
Blòódshot:
-I got that error also myself, it's fine. Just keep loading it, and it will crash a few more times. Then it will run fine. It just needs to delete the ingame instruments, but it will be fine afterwards.

MetallicSomber:
-To find the skills for the rogue and magus look at the spells directly. I will update the book gumps for them to show the req. skills.

-could you post your loot.cs and lootpack.cs files also? thx

-Sly

Ok I got the lootpack.cs finished. Install instructions, backup/delete original lootpack.cs from, scripts/misc and replace with this one.

Features: Old necromancer scrolls have been removed. Scrolls where replaced with the updated necromancer scrolls. Other spells Include, Magus, Rouge, druid, Monk, and Bard songs.
The drawback is they only spawn on magic casting Undead by defalt. In order for them to spawn more often you need to edit each creature you want them to spawn on. Also, it advised to edit, the mage vendor and replace the necromencer book with the Undead Necromancer spell book as well as chacter creation.

Attachments

• LootPack.cs
    31.8 KB · Views: 38

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
I redid the loot.cs & lootpack.cs to randomly drop a random scroll at a 20% chance drop rate on ANY monster. This will keep the scrolls rare and in demand. I'm all for a player run economy and not a npc economy, and it makes the game more fun to hunt & collect scrolls. If you already have mod'ed your loot.cs & lootpack.cs files just do a search for:

Code:
NewScrolls

and just add that part to your existing files. Also this lootpack is setup to drop all the dif kinds of jewelry. The standard runuo distro was missing a few types like earrings, and a few others.

MetallicSomber, use these instead of your files so you don't have to edit monsters manually, they will spawn on all monsters now.

Hope this helps

X-SirSly-X

Attachments

• Loot.cs
    17.2 KB · Views: 68
  • LootPack.cs
    34.2 KB · Views: 68
Lootpack

Oh killer! Thx SirSly! I haven't had the time to get to this. I'm working on a huge event system at the moment. It is taking up a lot of my time. I'm not looking forward to having to script color wars :(

Question about Sence spell in magus. I've been playing around with the spells changing to add custom regs for my shard, and When I was testing the Magus Spells I had read the discriptipn of the spell, and was expecting the molten lava spell (similar to that of the druid) but instead I got the message, you enter the land of the dead. Now seeing that I was a GM with 200 hp, I was a bit shocked. but come to find out it was exactly what the spell was scripted to do because it wore off lol. So is the spell discription for Magus spel book wrong? or is my copy because of my editing it, changed it?