RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Spell Books 2.0

Freya

Wanderer
*Smile* Figured out what I did wrong and now it's working right, the monk and magus spellbooks show the spells... Great job on this... is really nice!

telekea

Wanderer
I think the problem some people are seeing with adding scrolls to the new spellbooks or seeing blank ones is that the spellbooks need to be in your pack.

If its on the ground it will not add the scrolls. If its on the ground when you open it - the books appear blank, once back in your pack all the spells are there again.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
the monk spells seem to work fine w/o that extra line of code added. I might be overlooking something but sofar in my testing I haven't encountered any issues with it missing.

i really like the cutpurse idea, although i think that's alittle too advanced for my scripting level

-Sly

Nikki

Wanderer
did the bard book get fixed or are we still working on that one? I will look into it tho I am no expert in scripting some times I get em right

Nikki

Wanderer
sweet thanks hun, I only had one problem with it, my shard has races and it made the druid book usable by all. I'll compare the scripts and re do what ever needs to be done to make it only usable by the druids but awsome script muchly appreciated and enjoyable ;)

Soigon

Wanderer
First i really like this idea of new spells, its a great script. Is ther anyway of making the spells "pullable" and adding "powerwords to some? i tried last night but i honestly dont know where to start with somthing like that. But ther perfect for my shard so thanks for sharing.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
Nikki: yes, this is just a base system like the one included in the standard runuo package which is accessible by everyone. it's up to the shard owner to change it and make it workable with certain classes as the shard owner see fit.

Soigon: all the spell systems have "powerwords" i just referred to them as text commands. In each class folder their is a .cs file which has the command list, it's important to post the commands for your players b/c capitalization does matter in the commands. Once again the only class w/o text commands is the bard class, b/c they need to use the book first and pick an instrument to play before using the spell.

-Sly

Soigon

Wanderer
yes i realised that after i sent that however power words like while casting you know like when casting e-bolt 'Cor Por" comes up somthing like that

ssalter

Account Terminated
X-SirSly-X said:
the bard book is 100% done except for the text commands, which isn't a big deal. they are just an added bonus :)

-Sly

With the 1.3 version, the bard system didn't appear to work at all. I rewrote it to agree with the structure of Sly's "all spellbooks" system. Powerwords, sheetmusic works properly now, everything is fixed. It is in the 1.3 system thread. I have no idea if it would work with the 2.0 version here but it should.

Update: I went ahead and downloaded 2.0. No changes needed for the updated Bard system. Just replace the Class-Bard directory with this one.

If no instrument registered with song book, it prompts you to click an instrument. Sheetmusic, when doubleclicked, prompts player to put it in a songbook, power words, spell actions, instrument playing and so on all added. Oh, I removed the spell sound effects since they completely drowned out the instrument sound. There is a read me in the zip detailing all the mods although it does make reference to the 1.3 system that is in Subscriber area. Disregard that! :)

The 2.0 system looks great with addition of Rogue spells! One thing though. MagusSpell.cs was in the top level Class-Magus directory and also in the Magus Spells directory. I just deleted the one in the "Magus Spells" directory to solve the install errors.

Attachments

• Bard-SpellSystem-2.0.zip
    45.4 KB · Views: 74

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
wow awesome TY! Checking this out right now!

I haven't signed back up to become a full paid member again so i nolonger have access to the orginal post in the member section. So i'll be doing the work for this system in this post.

-Sly

ssalter

Account Terminated
X-SirSly-X said:
wow awesome TY! Checking this out right now!

I haven't signed back up to become a full paid member again so i nolonger have access to the orginal post in the member section. So i'll be doing the work for this system in this post.

-Sly

It is all yours! :)

All I had to do to make it work with 2.0 was replace the Bard-Class folders.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
ssalter: I've taken what you posted and mod it, basically the songbookgump.cs file and scrolls. After messing around with it i found a bug which will always crash the server here is how to reporduce the bug:

[add songbook
open the book and then close it and cancel the target for an instrument

[add icecarolscroll (or any scroll)
put the scroll in and then cast the spell and it will crashes the server

The reason I changed the bookgump was b/c i prefer the smart book style which only displays spell info if the scroll is added in the book. And the changes to the scrolls were to keep them the same hue as the book.

-Sly

**Edit
Oh i also changed around magesbalad so the mana regen works better. which is included.

Attachments

• Class-Bard.zip
    31.4 KB · Views: 60

ssalter

Account Terminated
Sounds great....I didn't try opening and closing the book without targeting an instrument.! :) I could drop any songscroll onto the book and cast it however, not sure why it crashed for you.
As to the other changes, that is great! Glad you could use it.

Note: However, now it crashes the server
-add a songbook
-add a song (I used icecarol)
-drop song on book and it appears in book
-click song and it prompts you for instrument if you dont have one set. So far so good, that is what it should do.
- add instrument
- click song, get prompted and click instrument.
- click song...it starts to cast and server crashes

same crash that was happening before I made the changes.

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Server.Spells.Song.IceCarolSong.OnCast()
   at Server.Spells.CastTimer.OnTick()
   at Server.Timer.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

If I don't get a chance today, I'll take a look at it tonight when I get home.

ok ok, did another quick test...if you close book without selecting anything it acts as if you meant to cast a spell. You get the "you need an instrument selected to cast that spell. That probably is related to the crash.

yeah, crashes everytime you cast a spell now. tried a different spell as well....with instrument selected before, with instrument not selected yet, etc.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
ssalter: yep same issue w/ crashing.. I honestly have no idea how to fix it, I'm still a beginner at scripting. Any fixes you could think of would be greatly appreciated! And don't worry I will be giving you full credit for your work and how you have helped! I'm not looking to steal anyones thunder, just trying to help make a complete functional spell system!

side note plans for tonight:
-change around the monk book
-Get things ready for Lucid Nagual's Undead Spell system

-Sly

Undead Update

I'm finishing up on a few spells. I decided to make more simplistic spells and eventually update them down the road. Some of the spells are very difficult for me cause I'm so new at scripting. But one issue I have with these spellbooks is this....

I make a new empty spellbook and create one of the missing scrolls. Then add it to the book. The book states that I have one spell but when I open the book all spells are available. This has been a pain in my ass for a few months now. I can only sell full spellbooks. So, I was wondering if anyone feels like working on a new smart book system? Or has a solution for the existing system? If we re-design the spellbook system we may want to consider the EC Book method. I will provide the files. Take a look at it and tell me what U think. If you start on it please post your findings. THX :)

Attachments

• EC Book & Scrolls.zip
    1.5 KB · Views: 56

ssalter

Account Terminated
X-SirSly-X said:
ssalter: yep same issue w/ crashing.. I honestly have no idea how to fix it

Ok, the problem was with the spell scripts themselves. I am still using the book I had in the distro I uploaded but it shouldn't make a difference with your smart spellbook since the prob was in the spells themselves.

I just didn't test enough and also scripted in an obvious stupidity. :rolleyes:

The difficulty with Bard spells is that we want to play the sound of the instrument that is linked to the song book. So, in the spell itself we need to access that property. To do that we need to identify the songbook first.

I originally had:

Code:
Spellbook book = Spellbook.Find( Caster, 351);

but what that says is "find the spellbook that has spell 351 in it. Well, that is cool and fine as long as you have the first song already in the book. Works great when you are testing and either always adding the first song to the book or [allspells. lol. But, if you add the 4th, 7th, 12th song to the songbook first, spell 351 is not in there and thus the crash.

To fix it I did this:
Code:
Spellbook book = Spellbook.Find( Caster, -1, SpellbookType.Song );

I made that change to all the bard spells and the contents of the attached zip should replace everything in the class-bard/spells subdirectory.

I DID test this several times, trying to break it but so far, all is cool. I want to do some mods to the actual spells themselves too but will wait to do that until later.

It "should" work with your other spellbook type but I haven't tried it. I kinda like the book I'm using because it does give descriptions on all the spells. Just lets the player feel some anticipation on what they are going to be getting.

However, if there are still problems, let me know and I'll make sure your smartbook works with it as well.

Attachments

• bardspells.zip
    17 KB · Views: 53

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
Wow sweet it works great! TY for all your help!

Hopefully later tonight I'll be posting a new spell book series created by Lucid Nagual. We've been working on it all day. LOL It's a remake of the Necro book combined with Lucid Nagual's Undead spells. Plus I've touched up the Monk book a little.

-Sly