RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

All Spell Books 2.0

flowerbudd

Sorceror
i updated with these and my shard keeps crashing
Code:
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.BitArray.Get(Int32 index)
   at Server.Regions.CustomRegion.OnBeginSpellCast(Mobil  e from, ISpell s)
   at Server.Spells.Spell.Cast()
   at Server.Gumps.DruidicSpellbookGump.OnResponse(NetSt  ate state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(  NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)
I did not modify any of the spells in the package and installed them as directions said to.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
You still have a file containing an old part of your OLD druid spell system. I just ran a search of all 46 files and the word "Druidic" doesn't appear at all in my spell system. So make sure you remove everything from your old system.

-Sly

ssalter

Account Terminated
X-SirSly-X said:
duh?!? i got it working :) here is the original Mage's Ballad spell that does mana regen.

sorry bud, I was out for awhile. Glad you got it working, it should have just been a matter of changing your regen numbers in the script I had in the zip.

Looks like y'all are making lots of changes. Way cool, this is going to be a definitive system once it is all setup and bugs worked out.

Note to all shard owners: Test this for a couple weeks on your dev server before adding to a production server. If you have existing customized spell systems, this could blow things up if you don't remove all traces of the old systems. If your players have custom spellbooks you may want to modify the scripts to allow for serialization as well or you'll poof their beloved books.

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Oops Sly, I posted the wrong crash log

this is the one from 7:51 am today, after i had purged and then re-added from your zip files

Code:
Exception:
System.ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range.  Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index
   at System.Collections.BitArray.Get(Int32 index)
   at Server.Regions.CustomRegion.OnBeginSpellCast(Mobile from, ISpell s)
   at Server.Spells.Spell.Cast()
   at Server.Gumps.DruidSpellbookGump.OnResponse(NetState state, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

As you can see there is no Druidic anywhere.

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
is it loading up or is it crashing when you try a spell? And you replaced your existing:
Initializer.cs
Spellbook.cs
SpellRegistry.cs
with my files? Or did you just manually edit them?

-Sly

flowerbudd

Sorceror
I replaced them totally with yours. It loads and compiles fine, but then ( I am never on when it happens) But the server crashes. 2 players said they saw the crash msg after they had cast blend with forest and one of the other Druid spells.

Flowerbudd

Hey I know what your problem is....you have customizable regions. Whenever adding new spell systems you must place new region controllers. Otherwise it isn't setup for the new spells that are being cast in that area. :) Hope this helps u.

ssalter

Account Terminated
Lucid Nagual said:
Hey I know what your problem is....you have customizable regions. Whenever adding new spell systems you must place new region controllers. Otherwise it isn't setup for the new spells that are being cast in that area. :) Hope this helps u.

That does make perfect sense, Lucid. Nice catch! The error log gave it away, at least to someone who was perceptive enough to key on the word "customregion".
*bows to lucid muttering 'i am not worthy, i am not worthy' * :)

Anytime someone tries to cast a "new" spell in one of the customregions, it'll crash the server since the restrictedspell list doesn't contain it.

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Seems like it is, I cast every single spell and no crash, now I am having an issue with custom regions which I posted in script support, if it ain't one thing it's another blah

My Additions

Ok guys and gals. Here is my addition to this pack :)

Lucid I used the gump you created for your mary jane vendor to make a few new vendors. they each sell a spell book, and a few scrolls for each of the ones you have finished (not counting the rogue)

I also created some books that have all the key words written down by profession that you can either [add ingame or put in chacter creation, or on a vendor or what ever you want to do with them just a quick refrence for the players so they dont have to keep asking you how to cast the spells.

I know its not much but I really like this project and the related ones that go with it. And this is my sad atempt to help out :)

Lucid I did not add regs to the vendors because I did not know how to sell stackables using your gump. anyways its plug 'n play put in customs and try em out.

Attachments

• SpellItemsAndVendors.zip
    16.9 KB · Views: 56
MetallicSomber

Hey thx for the vendor. I think a bulk vendor exists...where I originally got this vending system. Hum..........here is the link:

http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=40983&highlight=bulk+vendor

It doesn't have some of the bells and whistles that I normally provide but it will do. BTW thank you Draco!!! :)

Here is a link for my reagent stones. I'm sure this has been done by others, but I seriously did script these cause I couldn't find them anywhere.

http://www.runuo.com/forum/showthread.php?t=47206&highlight=reagent+stone

And thx for your help Metallic!

X-SirSly-X

Sorceror
More rogue spells, and new rogue reg's should be out soon. Of course i'll take a little break and try out the new system! :) hopefully by the end of next week.

-Sly

No problem. I tried my hand at making spells and the pethitic atempt failed lol I got it to compile, and even go into my new spell book, but when I cast the spell it crashed the shard, so I labled it my armageddon spell :) It was gona be a bless sype spell for the ranger called hunter's Aim that gives +20 to archery.
Im gona play with it some more see if I can get the hang of it.

I got this system to work on my new runuo system. However the spell ids for both magus and Undead (all) need to be redone. I'd Post mine but, I have an entirely new Regement system heh, so Id have to post the while thing as a whole. I Used 600's for the Magus and 700's for the Undead and that seems to work.

ssalter

Account Terminated
either renumber those or renumber the ones for ninja and sumarai..that is what I did. Those aren't in place anyway