RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ancient Samurai Helm v0.1

Magus64

Wanderer
zmaint said:
I added your Kabuto.cs file and restarted the server. I can add the item fine, and it looks good, but cannot equip it. I see in the properties menu for it that it is in the "gorget" slot? Is that perhaps why it can't be worn? If so how does one go about fixing that?

Do you have the latest patch for the game? The art for this item is in a patch that came out less than a week ago.

zmaint

Wanderer
Yes I patched this morning before posting.

How would I change it to a helm instead of gorget? I looked and did not see gorget anywhere in its script (of course I don't know much about scripting). When I look at its properties with my admin in game it says gorget, but its not a field that's editable.

It just says "BodyPosition = Gorget" and it won't let me in that field.

Magus64 said:
Do you have the latest patch for the game? The art for this item is in a patch that came out less than a week ago.

dmajor

Wanderer
added info, when i use the latest tiledata i can wear it, but can't see the ridable drakes i have. however, when i use winmerge to compare the files, they are identical. should i be using some other merge/patch utility to compare?

Magus64

Wanderer
dmajor said:
added info, when i use the latest tiledata i can wear it, but can't see the ridable drakes i have. however, when i use winmerge to compare the files, they are identical. should i be using some other merge/patch utility to compare?

To be honest, this is out of my work. I don't use anything I didn't make or that would mess too much with my files. I'm sorry =X

The best I can say is remove custom files till you find which is causing the problem and then deal with that file appropriately.

I wish I could be of further help.

zmaint

Wanderer
Umm I don't have any custom files other than your Kabuto.cs and the ones from Nerun that does all the spawn points, and I added that after the Kabuto one. I am pretty sure it would work if it was just not trying to add it to the gorget layer. How do I change it to a HELM?

Magus64

Wanderer
zmaint said:
Umm I don't have any custom files other than your Kabuto.cs and the ones from Nerun that does all the spawn points, and I added that after the Kabuto one. I am pretty sure it would work if it was just not trying to add it to the gorget layer. How do I change it to a HELM?

I'm not sure. The file doesn't give a discription of what kind of wearable it is, the client decides that, I would assume.

Have you tried this with the latest version of this file?

Voran

Wanderer
To update your tiledata to the latest version:
1) run UO to patch.
2) run mulbuilder. Load your custom tiledata save.
3) Generate your new, updated tiledata. This will now include the details for the fireplace, the rose, the tapestry and the kabuto.

I've been looking at the code for a grand total of about an hour now, comparing it to other pieces of armor. I don't see any difference between this script and the Plate Helm, other than the bonuses. There doesn't appear to be anything special about this script, yet I can't get the helmet to equip either.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, I'm not a code master, but there doesn't appear to be any reason why my character can't equip this helm.

I don't buy the tile data thing. I don't use ANY custom .mul or tiledata files on my shard. I do have plenty of custom scripts, but none that deal with armor or weapons, as I want them to be as close to RunUO standards as possible. I've updated my client to the latest version, and have checked with InsideUO and made sure the artwork is there, which it is.

What script was used as the base script for the ancient samurai helm?

Ghosthunter

Magus64

Wanderer
Ghosthunter02 said:
I've been looking at the code for a grand total of about an hour now, comparing it to other pieces of armor. I don't see any difference between this script and the Plate Helm, other than the bonuses. There doesn't appear to be anything special about this script, yet I can't get the helmet to equip either.

Maybe I'm overlooking something, I'm not a code master, but there doesn't appear to be any reason why my character can't equip this helm.

I don't buy the tile data thing. I don't use ANY custom .mul or tiledata files on my shard. I do have plenty of custom scripts, but none that deal with armor or weapons, as I want them to be as close to RunUO standards as possible. I've updated my client to the latest version, and have checked with InsideUO and made sure the artwork is there, which it is.

What script was used as the base script for the ancient samurai helm?

Ghosthunter

You got it right on the money, well, almost. I used the closed helm.

You're right, I did just take a basic script and edit it. I didn't want to reinvent the wheel.. nor did I want to use spaces instead of tabs in the script, since it looks 'more organized' (subject to opinion) that way.

This is why this problem seems odd to me.

- Did you try equipping both version 0.2 and 1.0?

- Have you rebooted lately?

Almassey

Sorceror
I am having problems seeing this helm when I wear it. I have the latest patch and I have configured my custom tiledata. Any suggestions?

LOL! It's funny! Now that you meantion it, I HAVEN'T rebooted since I updated my client using the autopatch.

I'll go home tonight and try that. If it's that simple, I'm going to kick myelf. :D

Ghosthunter

mr_wuss

Wanderer
Question,

in the last OSI patch, did they update tiledata? or just add the images for the helmet and not 'activate' it yet, sorta like all the other crap they have filled UO with, I haven't look at the script, or the patch.

Magus64

Wanderer
mr_wuss said:
Question,

in the last OSI patch, did they update tiledata? or just add the images for the helmet and not 'activate' it yet, sorta like all the other crap they have filled UO with, I haven't look at the script, or the patch.

This seems to be the common problem. We're trying to work on it, heh.

Kagemaru

Wanderer
This is how I got it to work without repatching. Put Layer = Layer.Helm; Under Constructable, like so:

Code:
[Constructable]
		public KabutoHelm() : base( 0x236C )
		{
			Name = "Kabuto Helm";
			Weight = 5.0;
			[COLOR=Red]Layer = Layer.Helm;[/COLOR]
		}

You should be able to wear it now. Remember, it's case sensitive!