RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ancient Samurai Helm v0.1

dstarz20

Sorceror
If you cannot see it when you equip it, your latest patch from OSI did not work properly. If you cannot equip it at all, your latest patch from OSI did not work properly. You may want to consider uninstall - reinstall AOS or whatever disc you have. Backup your Macros though!

KillerBeeZ

Knight
1) you need to patch the client completely

2) you need to redo any customs you had

or this wont work

"added info, when i use the latest tiledata i can wear it, but can't see the ridable drakes i have. however, when i use winmerge to compare the files, they are identical. should i be using some other merge/patch utility to compare?"

Winmerge cannot compare this type of file with any accuracy.

If you had ridable drakes, you can be assured that the file is in there, though its not the tiledata, its generally the Verdata that the drakes were in, I do believe.

dstarz20

Sorceror
Here's my thoughts. Any custom .mul files you have will be overwrtiien by this new patch I believe. That is to say, if you have the ridable Drakes, Polar Bears, the Wings, The new Arty Graphics, these may be gone now. Here's what I'm going to do. I'm going to re-install AOS from scratch, and get all the updated patches. Then go back and "Add" the other graphics as stated above. You see, you'll need to add the files in to make all the graphics work together. Does this sound correct?

My two cents

It appears to me that we have two problems:

a. People who can't see the artwork
b. People who can't equip it.

Those in group a definitely need to patch the client. If you've patched the client and you still can't see it, your patch didn't update correctly.

Those (of us) in group b who can see the object, but cannot equip it seem to have other problems. I've run the patch on 3 computers now, and have restarted each one. I even tried placing the "Layer=helm" line into my file. It gave me no errors but I still could not equip the helm even though I could see it. I gave it to one of my players who had the same problem. So its either a problem with the individual script, or it's a problem with one of the other scripts I have on my server. I've had no problems using any of the other anniversary gifts that have been posted on this site, so I know it's not an artwork/tiledata problem.

If/when I get the time, I am going to try to rescript this thing from scratch and see where my problem comes in. I'll let you know my progress, but it could take a couple of days, as things are rather busy right now. If someone else wants to take a poke at it, by all means speak up.

Thanks,
Ghosthunter

Magus64

Wanderer
Ghosthunter02 said:
It appears to me that we have two problems:

a. People who can't see the artwork
b. People who can't equip it.

Those in group a definitely need to patch the client. If you've patched the client and you still can't see it, your patch didn't update correctly.

Those (of us) in group b who can see the object, but cannot equip it seem to have other problems. I've run the patch on 3 computers now, and have restarted each one. I even tried placing the "Layer=helm" line into my file. It gave me no errors but I still could not equip the helm even though I could see it. I gave it to one of my players who had the same problem. So its either a problem with the individual script, or it's a problem with one of the other scripts I have on my server. I've had no problems using any of the other anniversary gifts that have been posted on this site, so I know it's not an artwork/tiledata problem.

If/when I get the time, I am going to try to rescript this thing from scratch and see where my problem comes in. I'll let you know my progress, but it could take a couple of days, as things are rather busy right now. If someone else wants to take a poke at it, by all means speak up.

Thanks,
Ghosthunter

Check the item out... remove it and then replace it, for the hell of it. Then prop it and look through the details for any problems.

Magus64 said:
Check the item out... remove it and then replace it, for the hell of it. Then prop it and look through the details for any problems.

Already done. I didn't see any lines of code to be a problem.

Ghosthunter

Magus64

Wanderer
Ghosthunter02 said:
Already done. I didn't see any lines of code to be a problem.

Ghosthunter

No layer problem?

I can try to mess with it, a bit, and see if I can make it over...

Are you using version 1.0 of RunUO?

wuss said:
in the last OSI patch, did they update tiledata? or just add the images for the helmet and not 'activate' it yet, sorta like all the other crap they have filled UO with, I haven't look at the script, or the patch.

Actually, the activating part is server side.

If they have the animations, the art for the item in the pack, and the art for it being worn, it can be scripted.

Some items only have art for being worn, or only art for in the pack and such they cannot easily be scripted without anything else.

Magus64

Wanderer
Were you all using 2d or 3d..? male or female characters?

This can all make a diffrence.. considering they released a patch for how it looks on women in 3d.

Magus64 said:
Were you all using 2d or 3d..? male or female characters?

This can all make a diffrence.. considering they released a patch for how it looks on women in 3d.

I have people using all four of the options listed above, and no one on my shard can equip this. It's a complete mystery to me. As I said above, I can't see anything in the script that would give me problems, and my users have the latest version (prior to this weekend's patch which seems to have fubar'd a couple of the decrypting programs). I can see no physical reason why this isn't working. I really haven't had time to look into it (too busy with my divorce), but should have some time this weekend. If I can solve it, I will post it.

Ghosthunter.

Really weird

I'm not quite sure why, but today it started working. I didnt' do anything to the script, and I don't remember doing anything to the server that was out of the ordinary. I'm very pleased! But very confused.

Ghosthunter

jaynigs

Wanderer
I doubt it magus since both of them are regular items with parts of code that exist on hundreds of the current distro items anyway. Nothing new in this script, in fact heres a hunters headress that someone made a while back...

Code:
using System; 
using Server.Items; 

namespace Server.Items 
{ 
   public class HuntersHeaddress : BaseArmor 
   { 
      public override int BasePhysicalResistance{ get{ return 2; } } 
                public override int BaseFireResistance{ get{ return 6; } } 
                public override int BaseColdResistance{ get{ return 23; } } 
                public override int BasePoisonResistance{ get{ return 1; } } 
                public override int BaseEnergyResistance{ get{ return 7; }  }

public override int InitMinHits{ get{ return 255; } }
		public override int InitMaxHits{ get{ return 255; } } 

public override ArmorMaterialType MaterialType{ get{ return ArmorMaterialType.Plate; } } 

public override int ArtifactRarity{ get{ return 11; } } 

[Constructable] 
      public HuntersHeaddress() : base( 0x1547 ) 
      { 
        		  Weight = 1; 
                        Hue = 873; 
                        Name = "Hunter's Headdress"; 
                        StrRequirement = 10; 
                        HitPoints = 255; 
                        MaxHitPoints = 225; 
                        Attributes.BonusDex = 8; 
                        Attributes.AttackChance = 15;
                        Attributes.Nightsight = 1; 
                        SkillBonuses.SetValues( 0, SkillName.Archery, 20.0 ); 

} 

public HuntersHeaddress( Serial serial ) : base( serial ) 
      { 
      } 

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer ) 
      { 
         base.Serialize( writer ); 
         writer.Write( (int) 0 ); 
      } 

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader) 
      { 
         base.Deserialize( reader ); 
         int version = reader.ReadInt(); 
      } 
   } 
}

Notice how close yours is to this? apart from the name change and a few value changes, its the same script... i dont see them complaining

NiaFlyte

Wanderer
no advances yet?

so has anyone fixed the Helm script so that it can be equiped? im uptodate, and still cant equip it on my shard, neither can anyeone else

zmaint

Wanderer
Add the following line under [Constructable]

Layer = Layer.Helm;

That should take care of it. All my players can wear it now.

NiaFlyte

Wanderer
added the line already actually, and still no work, i can see them as items, i cant move them around, so the graphic is in, but still cant seem to equip the dang things. can you post a working version?

Big Bob

Wanderer
i had to put my 2 cents in

ok i added line

Layer = Layer.Helm;

in to construct

i can see it
cant equip
layer now says helmet under props next idea