RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another dark day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kwwres10

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK said:
nah he's at 98%, cause the 2% just comes out of the reserve...

Wtf? No one got my science joke. By the way, TMSTKSBK, Did you read/respond to my posts yet?

If you do not get the joke its not funny. Its dead. Stop carrying around my dead joke, trying to get it. LET LITTLE JIMMY THE WEASEL REST IN PEACE! :(

We love you jimmy.
-NoX

TMSTKSBK

Lord
There is no need to lecture me on the history of the English language, I am probably much more aware of it than you.

And, unfortunately, we are not on the same side. I am saying that there is no use for these crude words. I am saying that only people without a proper grasp of the English language will ever have need of them. Society defines them as crude and unacceptable language. Thus, what you think is irrelevant against the societal majority rule.

Now, if society deems a set of words to be inpermissible, then why would you want to use them? Why would you expose children to things that would cause them to be looked down upon? The method of your speech is very important -- having a poor grasp of vocabulary, and needing to resort to curse/coarse words does not reflect well on your intelligence. This has been proven in several studies of psychological reaction to language. Whether or not the peers of children will teach them curse words is, again, irrelevant. Why purposely pollute an innocent mind with what is deemed crude?

Sadly, I do know you -- or your type.

Write in a more logical manner, and I might be induced to read what you have to say.

I have not yelled at you. Do not be deluded. I have been perfectly calm throughout our discussion. I intend to stay that way.

Edit: Multiple windows are your friend...I was asking other people if this post was too harsh. They said it wasn't.

Kwwres10

Wanderer
Once again, you are ignorant of my point. There is no point is debating with you. This is a one way conversation. I respond, you ignore me, rip SECTIONS out of what I say, then throw back answers that have no relation or any sign of understanding of what I said. And you never answered my key question... Why do we have to follow the common majority? Are you afraid to be your own person? I am my own person and I do not have a "Type", thank you very much.

I do have the decency to write properly, YOU just refuse to open YOUR mind, so don't give me that crap about being close-minded, you hypocrit. And what I said about yelling was an Example. Once again, you are reading the portions that fit YOUR ideas and what YOU want to hear. Unless you read what I say, and understand it, do not bother posting on my comments.

Never argue with an idiot, he will only drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
-NoX

Kwwres10

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK said:
Whaaa?

10% is equivalent to 100% of the total human brain capacity.

10 = 100.
2% of 10 is .2

Thus, 9.8%...

In your mind 10% = 100%? I am also guessing 230 + 240 = 3?

Right...
-NoX

Ohms_Law

Wanderer
wow... ok, umm
where to begin...

yes, France and several Members of the UN. then a vocal minority of american citizens who are generally opposed to any form of military action have picked up on it, because it is a somewhat effective argument, and has also turned out to be 'spinnable'. several of thoes fellows whom happen to be my fellow Libartarians, unfortunately... *sigh*

Alis, you've been duped by consperacy theorists. I had an aquantence die in the pentagon. he was 3/4 of the way around the 'circle' from the point of impact on the Pentagon. The damage was much greater than was visible from the outside, beleave me. the building burned for several days afterward. i've seen pictures, personal pictures taken by a couple of my fellow shipmates, of the aftermath.... ones which i certanly will never share publicly, and the Pentagon will most certainly never release.
The unfortunate side effect of enforcing security, and being sensitive to both the families of thoes who've died and not showing graphic pictures publicly, is... consperacy theories. ahh, what would we do without thoes wonderful cookes running around thinging that the US government is after them personally and that "they" are trying to pull the wool over our collective eyes? keeps government officials honest (for the most part) at least.
;)

Bin Ladin... ehrm. your facts are incorrect.
the CIA knew of and had been tracking Bin Ladin to the best of their ability for several years prior to 9/11. Several attempts were made to get the upper echelon which made up Al Queda (sp?) prior to both Afganistan and Iraq.
We (as a Nation, Government, Institution (CIA, NSA, Naval intelligence, [forget what the Army calls their intel branch], FBI, and Justice depatrment to name a few), and Military should have known that Al Queda wouldn't stop, especcially after the bombing of the USS Cole (another aquantace lost... another set of gruesome pictures that i'll never forget). Then add on to that the bombings of US embassies in South East Africa...
All this was and still is a 'scandal' post 9/11... but the fact is, until we were attacked at home, the political will to really go get thoes guys just wasn't there. It was basic Police work and undercover 'spy craft' up to that point. Still is, in many respects. Heck, the whole FBI was overhauled, and the CIA had a large portion of itself (along with several other agencies) re-engineered into the Homeland Defence Agency.

Look, I understand where your coming from. Fo rthe most part, some Media has warped several facts to suit their porposes. This happens all the time, and yes, it's happened on both sides (Conservative and Liberal), which just makes everything worse. you have to be more discriminating, and attempt to take a wider view of the world. Turkey has it tough. your right on the border of Iraq, yall have to deal with ethnic tensions within the reagon that, at times, severely impact your Country directly, from what I understand you have a large contingent of both Arab and Persean people, and Sunni and Shiia Muslem's... That's not easy to deal with, especially when your trying to maintain a friendship with what some consider to be the 'evil' US. Oh, and can't forget to include maintaining an alliance with an historic competeter ( which is Greece, for thoes who don't know ). very tough position to be in.
for what its worth, your country is cool though. loved visiting Aksas. (probably spelled that wrong. south western port town. yall have alot of your own Navy their).

anyway, thats enough for one post...
:)

Phantom

Knight
Phantom god where are you from ? Plz dont write things that you dont know will you guys dont write things the you see on t.v or on the newspapers

I use multiple sources to form my views on world event, not all of them are by the american press, so I will just ignore your anti-american comments.

Ryan

RunUO Founder
Staff member
Idiots

First of all I will take the time to thank those of you who hijacked my thread and turned this into a debate thread. You're assholes.

Second of all I will take the time to directly slap Kwwres10 in the head. You're an overbearing idiot. You claim all of these bullshit things about supporting america and our troops and not knowing what they are fighting for and blah blah blah...

As an Operation Iraqi Freedom combat veteran, someone who suffered a spinal injury in the war, someone who was on the front lines, and someone who knows what he was there fighting for, you are without a doubt a moron. I know exactly why I was there... people like you and the news media can skew it however you want but we know why we were there.

I dont like what you guys did to this thread, I am ashamed of the RunUO community for taking a thread that was directed to the mourning of a tragedy and turned it into a heated political debate.

For those of you talking shit about America, or about our Troops, or our efforts in Iraq please feel free to either shut up or find an alternative to RunUO.

The United States of America is a great country. We like every other country out there do make mistakes but we do our best to do the RIGHT thing. If we fuck up, so be it... at least we are trying to do something rather than sitting on our fucking asses like France and the majority of Europe.

To the people of the UK, I am sincerely sorry for the way this community hijacked this thread and I hope you can accept my appology.

Good night.

Status
Not open for further replies.