RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Another dark day...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Noggin

Wanderer
The Latest news from over here in the good old UK is that the 4 bombs were suicide bombs !
3 of the bombers came from Leeds and sorry to inform some of you but it seems that they were all Muslim extremists .
I am very pleased to see that our much maligned police force seem to have got thyis very nearly solved in under a week .

Kwwres10

Wanderer
I Was There!

I was there on 7/7. The beginning of my story is irrelevant, yet spookily coincidental...
I was staying in a hotel, and in the middle of the night, at approximatly 1 A.M. the fire alarm went off, we rush downstairs, but it was a false alarm. We went back to bed, but soon, about 9 hours later, at 10 A.M., we woke up to the sound of sirens. My sister was PISSED and started yelling out the window (quite funny actually). For 30 minutes we heard at LEAST one ambulance go by every 3 minutes (We later found out that a hospital was nearby). We turned on the T.V. in our hotel room to find BBC reporting on a power surge on the subway, that had caused three trains to explode.

After being at the Olympic Announcement the day before in Trafalgar Square, we all joked how it was probably a "French Terrorist Attack". Then as more continuosly happened, we became curious. Later it was reported that the bus exploded approximatly 3 blocks away from where we were staying. THEN we were freaked out. We watched the television until 2 P.M. with the headlines changing from London Explosions to London Bombs. After return home we found out that every single news american station besides CNN (which is technically, worldwide) had stretched the truth. One newspaper claimed that 1000's were injured, 100 dead. Though a nearby hospital count reported 700 injured, 37 dead.

After the British Prime Minister exclaimed "These agents of terror are trying to destroy our way of life, but they will not succeed," I glanced outside. A mother bustled by with her baby in a stroller and a few grocery bags in hand. People were STILL heading to and from work, not faltered a bit. For that, I admire them. These terrorists, claiming that they had set this prospering city "Ablaze with fear." They claim they have instilled us with fear. If we truely are civilizied people, we shall know no fear.

We know no fear, only grief. We are not instilled with fear, but rather a reason to unite as allies to counter act these cruel destroyers of our innocent, despite our morals or where we were born, or immagrated to. We are not afraid, but rather, concerned for our fellow man (and woman). These people, these terrorists, are not to be followed. They do not care who you are. They will find pointless cause for you to die in the name of god. The god whose highest commandment is "You shall not murder." Killing in the name of a god of peace. Ironic.

One of the greatest wisdoms ever on religion. "I do not have a religion. Religion tears us apart. Spirituality unites us to overcome any obstacle." That is why we as humans are the dominant species. No other species has created a community of billions of ideas, thoughts, and beliefs. In these ideas, we take and choose our beliefs, and are united by our beliefs.

We belive that these terrorist have only harm in mind, thus we must unite to stop them.
And stop them we must.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Side note on america.

Before you read this, do not dare judge me as a bitter communist but, I hate America. I respect America, but I hate it. You cannot say "I love America." That means you agree with EVERYONE who is a Legal American's views. You cannot love america, because america is not a thing. It is a state of mind. You cannot say "I support our troops". You don't even know what our troops are fighting for. Hell, nobody knows. We just say that because if we do not, we will be given "titles" such as communist and un-patriotic. You cannot support what you do not know. Its like holding a box and saying, "I support ALL the beliefs written on the peices of paper inside this box, though I have never read them!" Be your own god damn person. Do not claim "I SUPPORT OUT TROOPS!" when you have no clue what you are supporting. Respect the people giving thier lives for an unknown cause, and to fight what is told to them. Believe what you wish. Pick a side of a debate, for every debate, and fight your god damn heart out until you die, or your belief is changed. It is YOUR job to determine what is right. Not your parents, not your siblings, or anyone you do or do not love. It is your choice to determine. Stop choosing for others. Stop calling others names because they do not agree.

Follow your ideas, respect others ideas, fight to the death.
-NoX

Kwwres10

Wanderer
Noggin said:
The Latest news from over here in the good old UK is that the 4 bombs were suicide bombs !
3 of the bombers came from Leeds and sorry to inform some of you but it seems that they were all Muslim extremists .
I am very pleased to see that our much maligned police force seem to have got thyis very nearly solved in under a week .

Once again, you are wrong. There is no such things as Muslims. Stop categorizing people. Please. Before you can think up any slurs to direct towards me, I am a German/Scottish/Irish Male American and have no religion. The most undiscriminated person in the world.By the way. As a second comment to my post above, F**K YOU AMERICA. Bless the people who deserve blessing. Bless the people who fight for what they love and believe in, "American" or otherwise. Damn the people who call themselves American and curse everyone else. Curse the people who try to kill beliefs and destroy our loves. That is all I have left to say on this topic. :mad:

Also, bless the people who died innocent. Bless everyone who dies innocent of the deeds commited against them.

-NoX

PHP:
Before you read this, do not dare judge me as a bitter communist but, I hate America. I respect America, but I hate it. You cannot say "I love America." That means you agree with EVERYONE who is a Legal American's views. You cannot love america, because america is not a thing. It is a state of mind. You cannot say "I support our troops". You don't even know what our troops are fighting for. Hell, nobody knows. We just say that because if we do not, we will be given "titles" such as communist and un-patriotic. You cannot support what you do not know. Its like holding a box and saying, "I support ALL the beliefs written on the peices of paper inside this box, though I have never read them!" Be your own god damn person. Do not claim "I SUPPORT OUT TROOPS!" when you have no clue what you are supporting. Respect the people giving thier lives for an unknown cause, and to fight what is told to them. Believe what you wish. Pick a side of a debate, for every debate, and fight your god damn heart out until you die, or your belief is changed. It is YOUR job to determine what is right. Not your parents, not your siblings, or anyone you do or do not love. It is your choice to determine. Stop choosing for others. Stop calling others names because they do not agree.
And this way of liberal thinking is exactly why we will all lose the war on terrorism. It's amazing to think that two skyscrapers were not enough. Americans are cowards when it comes to war and death. Terrorists are not they have lived with it for thousands of years. Muslims are out for conquest and domination. Don't get me wrong I feel all religions are similar, so I would strongly agree with this comment:
PHP:
One of the greatest wisdoms ever on religion. "I do not have a religion. Religion tears us apart. Spirituality unites us to overcome any obstacle." That is why we as humans are the dominant species. No other species has created a community of billions of ideas, thoughts, and beliefs. In these ideas, we take and choose our beliefs, and are united by our beliefs.
But this is totally idiotic:
PHP:
Well Lucid I got most of my information from history books and various other media. When Aid is given it is often given with terms such as you must purchase American or European produce. At the end of the day Western Goverments know fair well that Aid with terms, Trade Embargos, Starvation, and lack of Medication is a good way to make people turn to our so called Democratic ways. Befor you preach about all the money America is giving to people look at what it spends on it's own bomb making. When you bomb people you oppresse them simple fact. :p 

As for the WMD issue. I agree Sadam did make the statment first, but now we have invaded Iraq I think the links between various terror groups will only grow stronger. I belive we will have to suffer more bombings until our respective Goverments can find a political and humanitarian solution. 

Remember one mans terrorist is anothers freedom fighter.
The emargo issue may be correct, but the simple fact is Africa's government will oppress their own people. Like you said starvation and lack of communication is a real effective way to enforce power. And that is exactly what the existing government is doing to their own people. And yet again someone has to take what is supposed to be a kind act of America and turn it into what it is not. I am for what most of you want but for different reasons. I want to pull out of the middle east and have our troops return home cause I think we need some larger catastrofic event to give us enough courage to finish this war. England hasn't seen the end of suicide bombings cause they will not throw out the 10-15k of extreme muslims living off of their welfare. I feel that terror has settled in our souls and has caused us to accept them out of fear. Freedom fighters huh? lol
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHP:
I still think this thread has gotten entirely off topic :( :(
This thread is perfectly on topic. It is so intriging that you can't stop visiting it and neither can
I.

Arajh

Wanderer
Lucid Nagual said:
yet again someone has to take what is supposed to be a kind act of America and turn it into what it is not.

Lets come back to this thread in 10 or 20 years
- troops back to u.s.
- Dictatorship back in Irak
- Iraqi dictatorship partially or totally financed by democratic countries
- etc

Let's come back here and talk about kindness will ya...

Until then, keep pretending you know what is happenning outside the u.s. as much as you want. We both know you don't.

ssalter

Account Terminated
Interesting thread. The sort of anger expressed here is anger that is building world wide due to America's unwarranted invasion of other countries, of America's slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocents, of the terrorism America is exporting under the current regime. The American's in Iraq are no better than the lowest criminal...all murderers and rapists and terrorists. The ones that support them are accessories.

America has gradually shifted over the years from a caring, young nation that made a lot of mistakes into the world's bully. Is it any wonder that other nations are learning to hate us? I think not. In the World Wars we stayed out until both sides were pretty much exhausted and then waltzed in to "save the day". Since then we have encouraged terrorist groups, supported regimes that oppressed their own people and then done 180 degree turns to savage the ones we supported.

It has been heartbreaking to see how our values have changed. There is no democracy in America anymore, it is simply an cold oligarchy. But there is hope that things will change. America has vast potentials that can be turned to benefit the human race as a whole.

TMSTKSBK

Lord
Y'know what.

I was gonna say something. In fact I *did* say something. But quite frankly you guys are too rabid to read it from a neutral standpoint. So why bother?

I will say one thing, though. Kwwres, you must be 13 to use so much foul language for no purpose. Try making a message without cursing -- you'll see it stretches your rhetorical skills, and makes you a better person.

PHP:
Interesting thread. The sort of anger expressed here is anger that is building world wide due to America's unwarranted invasion of other countries, of America's slaughter of hundreds of thousands of innocents, of the terrorism America is exporting under the current regime. The American's in Iraq are no better than the lowest criminal...all murderers and rapists and terrorists. The ones that support them are accessories. 

America has gradually shifted over the years from a caring, young nation that made a lot of mistakes into the world's bully. Is it any wonder that other nations are learning to hate us? I think not. In the World Wars we stayed out until both sides were pretty much exhausted and then waltzed in to "save the day". Since then we have encouraged terrorist groups, supported regimes that oppressed their own people and then done 180 degree turns to savage the ones we supported. 

It has been heartbreaking to see how our values have changed. There is no democracy in America anymore, it is simply an cold oligarchy. But there is hope that things will change. America has vast potentials that can be turned to benefit the human race as a whole.
There is no anger here. You are just being educated. That's more than Mohammed had. The problem is there is too much democracy in America and that is proven with your post. The bloodshed in Iraq was due to Sadam's lies. And those dying at the moment are insurgents that come into the country to fight us, so that would be as just of a killing as any I could think of. :) Even here if someone breaks into your house and tries to harm you you have the right to defend yourself. I don't think that someone who blows themselves up in a subway in London is just in any kind of way. It was reported that a high scholar (one of the so called "good muslims"), in London (on Aljazeera), reported that there was no differance between civilians and soldiers.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHP:
Y'know what.

I was gonna say something. In fact I *did* say something. But quite frankly you guys are too rabid to read it from a neutral standpoint. So why bother?

I will say one thing, though. Kwwres, you must be 13 to use so much foul language for no purpose. Try making a message without cursing -- you'll see it stretches your rhetorical skills, and makes you a better person.
Heeeyyyyyy! I figured I'd see you back here. :)
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------
PHP:
Lets come back to this thread in 10 or 20 years
- troops back to u.s.
- Dictatorship back in Irak
- Iraqi dictatorship partially or totally financed by democratic countries
- etc

Let's come back here and talk about kindness will ya...

Until then, keep pretending you know what is happenning outside the u.s. as much as you want. We both know you don't.
True. Sadam lied about his weapons of mass destruction to keep the surrounding countries into check. They were always looking to take over a country rich in oil. And the rumors about us doing the same is idiotic. If that were so we would be paying less than a dollar a gallon again. But hey, if we're gonna be blammed for it might as well lol I don't have a problem with it. But in the end we are doing things that Sadam wouldn't by fixing their water, sewer, electric, hospitals and schools. So I would hardly say that is unkind. I think there are more Americans that are upset about this war than Iraqis. And that is not a bad thing it is just a refelection of a country that cares and hates war. I know a few Iraqis personally that can't wait to go back home to a democratic country and voted here in the states. But then again you are a Canadian and have prolly never liked anything about us to begin with. I have never understood that. I have a sister in Canada and happen to like it there.

Kwwres10

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK said:
Y'know what.

I am 17 and I curse because I do NOT believe in censorship. Sometimes you need to find word that express how strongly you feel about the topic. It was not a time to *correct myself*. There is no such thing as "Bad Words". Who in the hell was the first person to say "Haha! I am going to say this bad word! And it will be rebelious! Haha!". Technically it was the first person to ever say gods name in vain. Then you couldn't say hell inside of church, louder than more than a whisper. "Ass" is pointless. It was used to refer you to being as lowly animal as a donkey. The word "Shit" has no historical background. The middle finger was started back during the French & British war [Forget what it was called]. The british had excellent longbowman on the feild, and the french claimed that any British longbowman they found would have his wing finger chopped off, and thier middle finger brutally smashed with a hammer till it was a bloody pulp of flesh and bone, then ripped of what was left. At the end of the war, the british won, and so to mock the French, they showed them thier Fully Intact middle fingers, saying, "Haha! You didn't get MY finger, ya' stupid french!"

My vocubulary does not demote my way of thinking, but rather enchances it for me. I do not believe "Curse" words are decreasing our thoughts, but rather, explaining our passion/anger. The people who attempt to use it in thier everyday vocabulary ARE idiots, because, they think they are "Tough" talking like that. Some lions roar to show threat and show anger, and some roar to show off, and act tough. I am the first. As a side note, age has nothing to do with it. I have met good men at 13 years, that I thought to be 21 online. Did the priests say to Jesus when he came into the temple at six years old "You know nothing of god! You are just a child!" No. They thought him very wise and was destined to grow into a valiant patriarch, and even told his mother so. Wisdom and maturity can be recieved at any age. Age is a void factor.

But hey. Atleast no racial slurs. If you have any comments on what I just explained, make them. I am ALWAYS ready for a good debate. Moderator, please do not lock this forum. If it is off topic, warn us and we will get on track. As of now the "Track" is invisible to me. You should have a forum where we can discuss this stuff. I am enjoying it.:D

Please, no more comments on age. They are attacks on my emotions, which don't work, because I have no heart.:(
-NoX

Kwwres10

Wanderer
TMSTKSBK said:
Y'know what.

Sorry for not adressing your first comment in my previous post, but I would like to say there is no thing such as "Nuetral" in a debate. Nuetral means that you have no standpoint on the issue, thus you cannot debate. You can be an innocent, but not nuetral. Nuetral is like saying "I am in the war.... But I won't be doing any fighting! But trust me! I am still in the war!". Innocent is like saying "I do not believe in this conflict, thus I will not choose a side." Nuetrality in certain things is acceptable, but not a debate. :)

Anymore comments? Keep this fire blazin'.
-NoX

TMSTKSBK

Lord
^ said:
You should have a forum where we can discuss this stuff. I am enjoying it.

Starbucks, anyone?

Censorship has nothing to do with it. Having a grasp of the English language to the point of being able to discuss your topic without resorting to crude language is the point. What you think about language being crude or not is also irrelevant. As the forum rules state, we have people of all ages on here, and the boards should be readable by all of them. Y'don't like it? Tough.

Please control yourself enough to attempt to have an intelligent discussion.

As for your second post -- debate participants must have an open mind, or you're just talking at each other. Where's the point in that? That is what I mean by having a neutral standpoint -- having an open mind to the points your opponent is attempting to make. So far, you have not made any.

Arajh

Wanderer
Lucid Nagual said:
But then again you are a Canadian and have prolly never liked anything about us to begin with. I have never understood that. I have a sister in Canada and happen to like it there.

Woah, you know there's at least another country in North America, bravo!

You learned our "disliking" where, your sister's neighboor that doesnt like americans ? what you've read in - american- newspapers ? heard on an -american- tv show ?

/me very impressed by such knowledge...

bzk90

Lord
ssalter said:

you need to watch how you say things, "The American's in Iraq are no better than the lowest criminal" for those americans are far from murderers rapists or terrorists. that is equivelant to me saying a police officer is a murdering criminal because he killed an african who was about to kill the president

the terrorists kill alot of people in the towers bombing, they also killed alot of people in the recent UK bombings... wtf is wrong with you

they are doing what they are obligated to do, they signed up into the army/navy etc and its their job to go to war and kill who they are told to kill

Status
Not open for further replies.