RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Are All Black Colleges Racist?

Considering most Historical Black Colleges allow white students in and I know more than one white person attending one, not really. However, should they get extra funding or special treatment by the government, then thats sorta wrong, not technically racist in the strictest sense, but w/e.

Arkad

Wanderer
You're right, looks like there were lawsuits which let minorities in. I was under the impression that all black colleges didn't accept other minorities.

I found a funny article.

MotherJones Blog: Are Whites Taking Over Historically Black Colleges?

It's all I can do not to wail, "Can't we please have something that's just ours? Please?" But I know that's the wrong attitude.

Still, this does present a rare opportunity for blacks to experience the loss of one of the few tiny areas of privilege we had.

I still wonder why people feel like they should have privileges or special treatment over others, simply because of the color of their skin.

jhs59;759131 said:
They wanted to end segregation.

Now they want to segregate again?
Black collges never were desegregated. Hence, the historical. They've always been black schools, and still are.

jhs59

Sorceror
Anti-Basic;759143 said:
Black collges never were desegregated. Hence, the historical. They've always been black schools, and still are.

True.. Just in general, though.

If equality is so important then why are there so many who believe that they should have things that are just for black people? If equality is so important then Stormy should go ahead and make that all white school...

Better yet.. Let's get some White Entertainment Television up in dis bitch! Hey.. We'll even let some black actors have wacky gansta sidekick roles!

My point is that they sought to end segregation and gain equality.. If it's equality that they want then they shouldn't get shit.. No special minority scholarships.. No getting accepted to schools before the white kid just cause you're a minority.. No pulling the racism card because the white security guard at target checked your god damn receipt on the way out the door.. Oh yea.. and we get to celebrate being white as much and as proudly as we want.

... Damn.. celebrate being white.. That doesn't even make any sense.. celebrate being human!

HellRazor

Knight
Are All Black Colleges Racist?

As a college is an institution and is not sentient, I would say no, there are NO black colleges that are racist.

The better question is, does the existence of black colleges promote racism? Which can be debated. On one hand, calling something a "black" college emphasizes the ways we are different rather than the ways that we are the same. On the other hand, calling something a "black" college can be viewed as promoting cultural pride and diversity.

But personally speaking, I think we would all be a lot better off if we took all mention of race and ethnic background out of everything. Schools, the media, everything.

I mean, when I read the paper and there is a news item that says "a black man did this" or "a white woman did that", it just makes me wonder...WTF difference does that make and why should it even be mentioned?

I think there was a time and place where institutions like "black colleges" and policies like "affirmative action" were absolutely necessary to promote change and acceptance of minorities. But I think also that this time has largely past and we would be better served by continuing our "forward motion" toward an integrated society by eliminating all these things that categorize us by race.

oiii88

Sorceror
Joeku;759132 said:
Affirmative action is retarded. It's not needed these days.

Affirmative action in general is not a bad thing. Many women were granted a equal spot with in the workplace because of it. Its the abuse of affirmative action by idiots who make everything about race and or gender that ruins it for the ones who it was meant to benefit.

Arkad

Wanderer
I find it funny how people will fight so hard for desegregation and then will work towards segregating themselves again when it suits them.

Jhs59, I would like to see White Entertainment Television. We could watch reruns of 7th Heaven and Roseanne all day.

Zaphieon

Wanderer
the ignorance in the US is overwhelming when it comes to racism.. some examples

most black americans think of slavery as white people forced africans over here to do shit for them.

this is wrong, though i am sure they didn't want to come over seas, but slavery was a trade, like cattle.. the fact that they were africans was becuase the african trade villages were selling other tribe members off cheap. and the amount of african slaves went up after C. Columbus discovered gold in the Haitii and Americans.. this effected the aferican west gold coast.. gold was no longer needed from there so they had to make up for that trade with more slaves...

slavery is and always had nothing to do with the color of skin.. another ignorant ass thing people usually think. There was bust for slavery in the US in the 90's in FL and NY, neither of which were the "slaves" black.. they were poor ass white people that were being exploited by debt slavery. Debt slavery is one of the largest forms of slavery around.. very popular in asia.

there are 1000's of woman each your trick into going off on some trip, never to come back. they are sold to Clubs, Brothals, etc... most of these cases are never black woman....

------------

I am by far the least racist person i know.. but i cant stand just plan out ignorance.. which sadly is heavy in the black communities in the US.... African-Americans are owed nothing from the slavery from Euro-Americans, though it was wrong.. it was in the past and it was your African's that were selling each other like cattle.

------------

the only true people that are owed would be the native americans. most people dont realize you see them every day.. the ones in the eastern parts of the US were mostlikely killed off by diseases that the Europeans brought them over. the ones that survived saw these plagues/outbreaks as a regilious crisis and for the most part why the ones that are left are very christian.... Mexican are true native americans.. though no one really gives a shit about them... they were forced out of our "country" back in the day.. so we owe them nothing.. they have there own shitty ass country right?

-----------

so in closing fuck black only anything.. fuck this shit had something for ourselves... stupidity like that is what holds back progression. Race has to be one of the dumbest things to fight over.. religion being right behind it..

i know this was a long ass rant.. but hey.. wtfman

oiii88

Sorceror
On the subject of slavery . I do not believe only whites in America should be pointed out as owners. Many native tribes owned black slaves. It is estimated that the Cherokee owned 1,277 black slaves, the Choctaw and the Chickasaw held over 5,000 blacks in slavery up into the late 1800's. During the trail or tears they estimate some 15,000 black slaves were relocated with the tribes that owned them. I'm not defending the act of slavery. But it like many other things in the past happened. Nothing we can do today will change this. And crying victim over something that happened well over 100 yrs ago is useless to me. The Irish, Italian, and Chinese immigrants could claim the same seeing as they were second class in the eyes of western society in America at that time. And many were forced to work 8 hours for very low wage and another 8 hours for free to keep their jobs. This was very common practice on sugar beet plantations in the late 1800's until the early 1900s. To me thats a form of slavery seeing as you are exploiting the people to make a profit. Eh I'm ranting now and will end...