RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction System

bean56

Wanderer
Arya said:
Can you explain the dynamics of the macro? You can PM me if you'd rather not make it public.

I'm currently on holiday and taking a break from programming and scripting. Unless something really serious comes up, you can expect an update sometime in September.
So hopefully she will be back soon.

Regressi0n

Wanderer
shaDoze said:
No offence intended mate. I think it's good that people try to post fixes, solution and ofcourse scripts in general.

But this surely removes the previous page functionality:
Code:
//Crash fix -LDL
if ( info.ButtonID == 1 )
{
	// Someone is calling a button that is illegal - Must be a exploiter ?
	return;
}
//Crash fix -LDL

That is normally handled here:
Code:
switch ( info.ButtonID )
{
// ...
	case 1:
		sender.Mobile.SendGump( new BidViewGump( sender.Mobile, m_Bids, m_Callback, m_Page - 1 ) );
		break;
// ...

Ofcourse, the auction still works, just a tiny feature missing. As a rough solution it will do.

if you use on the switch the case 1, and you needs jump the other gump response( like 2 or 324 , or something response ).. use this if:

Code:
//Crash fix -LDL
if ( info.ButtonID > 1 )
{
	// Someone is calling a button that is illegal - Must be a exploiter ?
	return;
}
//Crash fix -LDL

kmwill23

Sorceror
Here's a report for ya! Great system btw =)

Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionSearch.TextSearch(ArrayList list, String name)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionSearch.SearchForText(ArrayList items, String text)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionSearchGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
   at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
   at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

C

chrisjones

Deletion of Auction

Can u tell me how i can completely delete this safly from my shard its causeing some serious crashes

ditmar

Wanderer
chrisjones said:
Can u tell me how i can completely delete this safly from my shard its causeing some serious crashes

Like i said before, manually end all current open auctions. Then use the auctionadmin command to permanently remove the system.

sUpplier1

Wanderer
I found the reason of such crashes during worldsave:

Code:
Server Crash Report
===================

Operating System: Microsoft Windows NT 5.0.2195.0
.NET Framework: 1.1.4322.2032
Time: 13/09/2004 19:42:43
Mobiles: 52471
Items: 347665
Clients:
- Count: 2
+ 192.168.0.50: (account = admin) (mobile = 0x486 'BlackThorne')
+ 192.168.0.50: (account = tester2) (mobile = 0xC9AA 'sdfsdf')

Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
   at System.Collections.HashtableEnumerator.MoveNext()
   at Server.World.SaveItems()
   at Server.World.Save(Boolean message)
   at Server.Misc.AutoSave.Save()
   at Server.Scripts.Commands.CommandHandlers.Save_OnCommand(CommandEventArgs e)
   at Server.Commands.Handle(Mobile from, String text)
   at Server.Mobile.DoSpeech(String text, Int32[] keywords, MessageType type, Int32 hue)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.UnicodeSpeech(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)

Yeap, It's Auction System.
The crash take place when the world save is exactly in the same time when the bidding on the item is over and the auction has a winner.

I just tested it, repeated it and I can confirmed it.

It happens sometimes on my shard. The problem is serious because after the crash you should load and get backup on the server manually.
So are there any solvation of this problem?
Any ideas are welcome.

Kesia

Wanderer
I could not open my assembly.cfg or whatever...says I do not have the right programs instaled to view it???

kmwill23

Sorceror
I had to remove the system from our server as a result of the previous crash report I made. Someone found out how to do it and crashed the server a few times. Tried to manually fix with enclosing in a try statement, but this resulted in infinite looping instead of crashing. I don't want to invest the time to learn the system to fix it properly.

So I shall wait =)

flowerbudd

Sorceror
I had to take it out tonight too. We had the random save crashes sometimes, but then we just had this one too
Code:
Exception:
System.NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object.
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionSearch.TextSearch(ArrayList list, String name)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionSearch.SearchForText(ArrayList items, String text)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionSearchGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
Gunna have some whinnnnnnnnnnnnnnney players tonight lol

Arya

Wanderer
I finally got to update. The save related crash should be now fixed by locking the World collections. Also the crash associated with text searching should be fixed now, and the malicious Razor crashes as well (someone please confirm this?).

I'm not sure about Pets. I have debugged the LoyaltyTimer class and it shouldn't release any of the pets in the system. They shouldn't loose any loyalty because they're on the internal map. Either way I changed slightly the code that stores the pet to mimic the stabling system (you can see it in the MobileStatuette costructor). If anyone has more insight on this problem I'll greatly appreciate any help.

I couldn't reproduce the crash that occurs when you try to stop the system. I created around 30 auctions on my test server and ending the system worked fine for me. I'm honestly clueless about this one, if any of you can provide me with more information about this problem I'd appreciate it a lot.

jaynigs

Wanderer
Arya said:
I finally got to update. The save related crash should be now fixed by locking the World collections. Also the crash associated with text searching should be fixed now, and the malicious Razor crashes as well (someone please confirm this?).

I'm not sure about Pets. I have debugged the LoyaltyTimer class and it shouldn't release any of the pets in the system. They shouldn't loose any loyalty because they're on the internal map. Either way I changed slightly the code that stores the pet to mimic the stabling system (you can see it in the MobileStatuette costructor). If anyone has more insight on this problem I'll greatly appreciate any help.

I couldn't reproduce the crash that occurs when you try to stop the system. I created around 30 auctions on my test server and ending the system worked fine for me. I'm honestly clueless about this one, if any of you can provide me with more information about this problem I'd appreciate it a lot.

Yes it is very odd arya, but on searching the internal map i found many pets there lost by the auction system and they were all uncontrolled.

Darkness_PR

Wanderer
I got some errors and i tried it all....

hey guyz i wodner if you can help me cuz m having some problems with the system i dunno for sure where to add Ultima.dll i made new folder and add a file with that but nothing.....

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: : CS0006: (line 0, column 0) Metadata file 'Ultima.dll' could not be f
ound
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Arya

Wanderer
Darkness, read the installation instructions in the first post please. You need to reference Ultima.dll in Assemblies.cfg.

And I'm really perplexed about the pets, the loyalty timer should not release them, and even if they were released the MobileStatuette item would still have a reference to it. Will further investigate, and if anyone has any ideas please let me know.

Arya

Wanderer
I re-updated the 1.7.5 archive, including Ultima.dll which I forgot and fixing a small issue that I noticed only later (if you downloaded 1.7.5 before this post, please re-download it).

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Ok, when i had the crash issues i perma stopped the auction and now that I am trying to make it go again, it won't let me. How can I redo the auction so it can be restarted

Arya

Wanderer
You must start the auction with the InitAuction command. When you stop it permanently, you pretty much remove it from your world file.

Also I figured out that it's not the pet actually going wild, it's the MobileStatuette item being removed from the system for some reason (and not during world cleanup). Will investigate further. For now I'm afraid the problem is still in, so I suggest you all disable creature auctions until it's fixed.

EternaL2K

Wanderer
Just a little help for some people

This script is awesome btw but just a little help for newbs.
Someone I know ran into a problem with the assemblies.cfg file, so this is to help those of you who ran into this problem.
After you add the Ultima.dll line to the assemblies.cfg file. Make sure not to press enter or add any spaces into the lines beneath it or it will give you a metadata file ' ' could not be found error.
Its all because of the spaces below that line.
Sorry for such a stupid post but it should keep people from polling for help with this file.

flowerbudd

Sorceror
Code:
Exception:
System.FormatException: Index (zero based) must be greater than or equal to
zero and less than the size of the argument list.
   at System.Text.StringBuilder.AppendFormat(IFormatProvider provider,
String format, Object[] args)
   at System.String.Format(IFormatProvider provider, String format, Object[]
args)
   at System.IO.TextWriter.WriteLine(String format, Object arg0, Object
arg1, Object arg2)
   at System.IO.SyncTextWriter.WriteLine(String format, Object arg0, Object
arg1, Object arg2)
   at Arya.Auction.AuctionNoticeGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo
info)
   at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state,
PacketReader pvSrc)

shard crashed last night after I updated with this