RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction System

Thraxus

Sorceror
volnuss said:
im geting two errors . auction/auctionitem.cs line 5 collum 7 the type or namespace of name "Ultima" COuld not be found . Are you missing usage directiveor or an assembily reference?

Error2 auction/auctionitem.cs line 136 collum 18 the type or namespace of name "StringList" Could not be found . Are you missing usage directiveor or an assembily reference?

Help please? Thanks a lot guys

You'll get these errors if you just dropped the files into your script folder without reading the instructions at the beginning of this topic.

You have to have placed Ultima.dll in your RunUO folder.

You must edit Assemblies.cfg in your RunUO/Data folder to add a line saying "Ultima.dll".

D

draco

My Error

Code:
Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (1 errors, 0 warnings)
 - Error: : CS0006: (line 0, column 0) Metadata file 'System.Ultima.dll' could n
ot be found
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
 - Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Tru

Knight
draco said:
My Error

Code:
ot be found
Did you add the one to your Main RunUO folder (that was in the zip)?

peregost

Sorceror
draco said:
My Error

Code:
ot be found
System.Ultima.dll should just be Ultima.dll that should resolve your error.

Arya

Wanderer
As others said, you must place a copy of Ultima.dll (provided in the zip file) in the same folder where RunUO.exe is.

WebSiter

Wanderer
I like it very much. Thanks Arya you are the one who I drop your scripts into my live server before thinking twice. It's a great work.

Dubie

Wanderer
Like others have said everything seems to work great.
But when I hit add item and then click on anything in my pack it does nothing.
The mouse turns back to normal and thats it.
I have installed it right and everything seems to come up, just is not adding the items for bid.
Any idea on what I should try to fix this or has anyone else got it working after this happening?

Thanks for your time,
Dubie

Arya

Wanderer
Dubie,

as I mentioned in the installation section, the script requires a valid installation of AoS on the server machine. To be precise, it requires a cliloc.enu located in the folder specified in the windows registry. My guess is that either your registry information is wrong, or that you don't have a full AoS install handy. In order to fix this you must obtain a valid cliloc.enu file (possibly from a patched up version of AoS). Place it somewhere on the server machine (I'll assume you place it in C:\RunUO\cliloc.enu).

Then open AuctionItem.cs and go to line 140. Change the AuctionItem() static constructor to:

Code:
static AuctionItem()
{
    Ultima.Client.Directories.Insert( 0, @"C:\RunUO" );
    m_StringList = new StringList( "ENU" );
}

Of course replace C:\RunUO with whatever directory you have the cliloc.enu in.

Dubie

Wanderer
That's it, I can not get the servers copy to update for anything.
Someone said the server would not need updated anyways so I gave up on that.
But I see I should probably try and get that updated.

Thanks for the info I appreciate it.

Peace,
Dubie

[steel]

Wanderer
i say this and it's true

here the error from server console i have the same problem

System.Reflection.TargetInvocationException: Exception has been thrown by the ta
rget of an invocation. ---> System.TypeInitializationException: The type initial
izer for "Arya.Auction.AuctionItem" threw an exception. ---> System.IO.Directory
NotFoundException: Attempted to access a path that is not on the disk.
at Ultima.Client.GetFilePath(String file)
at Ultima.StringList..ctor(String language)
at Arya.Auction.AuctionItem..cctor()
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Arya.Auction.AuctionItem..ctor(Item item, Mobile owner)
at Arya.Auction.AuctionSystem.OnNewAuctionTarget(Mobile from, Object targeted
)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlag
s invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean i
sBinderDefault, Assembly caller, Boolean verifyAccess)
at System.Reflection.RuntimeMethodInfo.InternalInvoke(Object obj, BindingFlag
s invokeAttr, Binder binder, Object[] parameters, CultureInfo culture, Boolean v
erifyAccess)
at System.Delegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at System.MulticastDelegate.DynamicInvokeImpl(Object[] args)
at Arya.Auction.AuctionTarget.OnTarget(Mobile from, Object targeted)

Arya

Wanderer
[steel], follow the instructions in my previous post to address that issue. That output is exactly what I described: Ultima.dll can't find the cliloc.enu file. You should be able to address it quite easily.

GrimGreap

Wanderer
hey, Got some problems with 3D users (Fully Patched) of our shard not being able to view the gumps properly. Any suggestions?

Arya

Wanderer
GrimGreap said:
hey, Got some problems with 3D users (Fully Patched) of our shard not being able to view the gumps properly. Any suggestions?

I never heard of gumps behaving differently on 3D clients. I'll try installing a 3D client and see for myself (probably tomorrow).

RenderOne

Wanderer
For some reason whenever I try to use the [deleteauction command the server crashes. I've read the ReadMe and all the posts and everything and dont see a reason as to why the server would crash because of it. Here is the crash report it created when the server crashed.

Exception:
System.InvalidOperationException: Collection was modified; enumeration operation may not execute.
at System.Collections.ArrayListEnumeratorSimple.MoveNext()
at Arya.Auction.AuctionSystem.ForceDelete(Mobile m)
at Arya.Auction.DeleteAuctionGump.OnResponse(NetState sender, RelayInfo info)
at Server.Network.PacketHandlers.DisplayGumpResponse(NetState state, PacketReader pvSrc)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.HandleReceive(NetState ns)
at Server.Network.MessagePump.Slice()
at Server.Core.Main(String[] args)

PS - The script is really awsome and all my players love it. I also didnt see a way on how a player could remove an item from the auction. I didnt know if it was possible for a player to remove and item after they have entered it without the time running out or removing the system. Would be nice if the player changed his/her mind.

RenderOne

Wanderer
Okay I wasnt sure if you were aware of that or not or if it was just something I was doing wrong. I'll be sure to check back for an update on the crash. (Read my previous post I edited it after I posted it). Thanks for a great script Arya :)

Arya

Wanderer
RenderOne said:
PS - The script is really awsome and all my players love it. I also didnt see a way on how a player could remove an item from the auction. I didnt know if it was possible for a player to remove and item after they have entered it without the time running out or removing the system. Would be nice if the player changed his/her mind.

Well this is intentional. Once you bid on an item, your money is removed from your bank and you can't change your mind. I think it's only fair that the person selling follows the same rule. I believe real world auctions follow this mechanism as well.

Arya

Wanderer
I have posted a new version which fixes the system stop crash. You can safely overwrite your existing files.