RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Auction System

bean56

Wanderer
yipppee

Arya said:
I have posted a new version which fixes the system stop crash. You can safely overwrite your existing files.
Yay, and there was much rejoicing. I must say I hadn't seen many stupid people on RunUO for a while until now. Good job Arya. For some reason I knew you were a she ;) .

bean56

Wanderer
I think it's clear that I mean some of the people trying to use her script, not her of course. I use everything she's ever made.

leige

Wanderer
Aryn could you post how to edit it to fix.
i have already trans the language to chinese.i dont want trans it again:(

bean56

Wanderer
David said:
...well, apparently not the jail system... :D
I use it. Although I've thought about taking it off since I don't really need it all that much and it just adds to the 3 second save time :rolleyes: .

For Arya, just a suggestion, but I thought it might be a good idea to display who is auctioning off the item. Maybe you didn't do this for a reason, just an idea.

Arya

Wanderer
bean56, I doubt you could use the jail system I wrote as it's not public (not to mention that the interface toward the players is in italian ;) ) Perhaps you're confusing me with Cat ;). But I knew you weren't being offensive to me, so no worries :)

I didn't include the name of the seller to avoid that player grudges interfere with the auction, besides the information is not really needed for the purpose of the sale. However it can be of course added with a switch when creating the auction.

Aryn could you post how to edit it to fix.
i have already trans the language to chinese.i dont want trans it again

You must edit the following:
- AuctionSystem.cs : look at the ForceDelete() method. That's the only thing changes in this file.
- Gumps folder: the changes in these files are in the OnResponse method, right at the beginning (all files except AuctionDeliveryGump.cs which should NOT be changed).

Dubie

Wanderer
Could it be the 3D client?
I made the changes and all.
Now when I click on something it pulls up the biding screen.
I add the starting bid and the reserved bid
Put in a lil dis. about it.
Hit ok
The screen goes away and then comes back with some of the info in different places.
Tells me on screen that the starting bid must be greater then x amount and some other stuff that I had filled in.
I can keep doing it and it does the samething everytime.

I will try and install the 2d and see if it changes anything.
Just wanted to post what I was getting so far with the 3D client.

Arya

Wanderer
Yes, apparently the 3D client isn't displaying gumps correctly. I have no idea why, I assumed there were no differences in gump rendering between 2D and 3D. If anyone has any information on what might be causing this, I'd greatly appreciate.

PerfectWing

Wanderer
Nice script. I only reply on scripts I intend to incorporate for myself in one way or another. In this case, I'm adapting it to pre-AOS shards. Along with just changing some minor things around to better suit my tastes. Great work!

[steel]

Wanderer
I have a idea, for one or other reason the "gold" is not all in the game economy, will be nice auctioners to have option to offer items or items+gold.

I try to fix gumps but no luck for now, mey be the shield picture that you use in incorrect displayed gumps look's different in 2D and 3D.

Great Script Pandora Box Lady, Kisses for Arya
:rolleyes:

bean56

Wanderer
That's right, I do use Cat's, but yours is probably better.
Great Script Pandora Box Lady, Kisses for Arya
What the heck..

Anyways I agree with your assesment. I was also thinking you said that if the reserve price is not met then the player could choose whether or not to sell the item? If this is the case then what is to stop a player from putting an insanely high reserve price and then they can always choose whether or not they want to sell it. You could show the reserve price, that way people might not want to bid on cloth that has 100k reserve. I think the best solution to prevent people from abusing the reserve price would be to make it so if the price is not met then they cannot sell it.

P.S. I would like to see a non AOS version if you have the time eventually. :)

Arya

Wanderer
bean56 said:
If this is the case then what is to stop a player from putting an insanely high reserve price and then they can always choose whether or not they want to sell it. You could show the reserve price, that way people might not want to bid on cloth that has 100k reserve. I think the best solution to prevent people from abusing the reserve price would be to make it so if the price is not met then they cannot sell it.

P.S. I would like to see a non AOS version if you have the time eventually. :)

Good point. I still think that the reserve should not be shown to players. However I'll add a multiplier factor (configurable in the script) so that the reserve cannot be over 300% (or whatever you choose) of the starting bid.

A non-AOS version would be annoying to write. In AOS I can rely on the property list to describe the item. In a non-AOS version I would have to manually manage the different types of items and select the properties that describe them best. Not hard to do, just boring ;)

bean56

Wanderer
Arya said:
Good point. I still think that the reserve should not be shown to players. However I'll add a multiplier factor (configurable in the script) so that the reserve cannot be over 300% (or whatever you choose) of the starting bid.
I also think that it should not be shown. I didn't think of that. Good Idea. Is there something that says whether or not the reserve price has been met since you can't see what it is?

Arya

Wanderer
Yes, there's a notice in the lower left area of each auction screen saying whether the reserve has been met or not.

Arya

Wanderer
I fixed the issue with gumps in the 3D client. The 3D client sucks, plain and square. Apparently if you don't add a background using the AddBackground function, the rest of the tiled images can (but only sometimes!) be placed wherever the client likes. Took a while to figure out, but now the new auction and auction view gumps have a background that makes them display correctly.

The 3D client won't display the item hue on the UO shield. Nothing I can do about that, I added a short notice at the bottom of the screen.

Also added the reserve limiter. Enjoy :)

A minor problem

I had this minor problem on my shard. As the admin i thought it would be nice to auction off items that are rare and thus needed to set my auction to a length of time much higher than normal so i added an item and set the duration to 1000 days this inturn caused my server to crash. If a player did this it could be very bad so there must be a way to fix it without much trouble. I just thought i should post this as a warning. In the server support in a thread titled crash? you can find a log of the crash.