RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOD/BOB/Reward System for Custom Ores

MTupstairs

Wanderer
BOD/BOB/Reward System for Custom Ores

Summary:
This is a working system that allows new ores and logs as well as a new Smith BOD system that works for the new ores. It also includes a new reward system with some rewards I have created and granite boxes I got from this site. It has fully functional bulk order books or BOB's. There are TWO files to download. I have already had a couple messages from folks who only downloaded the one they see on this screen. Don't forget to get them both.

5/16/04 I have reposted the file with bless deed code commented out. Sorry for any errors I caused. Thanks ShyMonkey for letting me know that.

5/18/04Revised to address issue with items lower than bronze incorrectly showing as one ore lower than actual. New file posted and code correction is posted in thread as "Houston, we have a problem". Once the issue is corrected, previously crafted item will display properly. Thank you to Ms Lunnas of The Bluegrass Shard for letting me know the issue.

Description:
DISCLAIMER, I am not trying to steal anyone's thunder here. The ore system I have provided here was originally done by CrazySeaMonkey and all credit should go to him and him only. I have posted it as part of my post for two reasons only. First, I have modified it to fix a couple of bugs, work with version 1 and I have moved the new ores to the end of the distro ore list (preference reasons only). I have also included it as it is the system I have designed my BOD system to work with. Thus, I wanted users to have the ability to fairly easily install this system and/or look at what I have done to make their own. Finally, to the creator of the granite and new granite boxes I apologize that I am not able to give credit. I do not know who originally wrote them, but I have used them as rewards. The rest of the new rewards are my creations, or at least I think they are. I have never seen them before.

SECOND DISCLAIMER: This is not an easy system to install. A number of distro files that you may have already made changes to are impacted. In those instances, you will need to incorporate the changes here into your own files. I have attempted to ensure that all my modifications not realted to the custom ores or to the BOD system have been commented out. I may have missed some, so don't blast me if I did.

Installation:
A readme file is included.
05/17/04 Correction to readme file. The readme file does not mention one additional that you will need to backup. scripts\items\special\reward items\blacksmithy\coloredanvil.cs There is a replacement for this file. Thanks Minorj for catching that. I think the path is correct, I am at work and had to post from memory.

Attachments

• Crazy ores Bods.zip
    67.9 KB · Views: 905
  • CrazySeaMonkey's New Ores & Logs.zip
    82.4 KB · Views: 676

MTupstairs

Wanderer
TY ShyMonkey

ShyMonkey, thanks for catching that. I dont know how I manged this, but I had originally commented that code out and it somehow it still ended up in my zip file. :confused: My mistake nevertheless, thanks for catching it.

minorj

Wanderer
In addition to Shy's find

Nice set of scripts :)

I did find in the read me you missed mentioning Items\Bulk Order Rewards\BalckSmithy\ColoredAvil.cs

Just thought you would like to know.

Also like to add that sofar no problems. Keep on bringing on the scripts.

minorj

Wanderer
random test

For giggles I made a bagOfSmlBods(120) and make 4 of them. Then sorted the bods by color and this is result.

Iron 272
Dull 17
Shadow 18
Copper 18
Bronze 25
Golden 23
Agapite 14
Verite 16
Valorite 16
Silver 7
Platinum 18
Mythril 9
Obsidian 11
Jade 7
Moonstone 2
Sunstone 4
Bloodstone 3

Again very nice script :D

MTupstairs

Wanderer
Thanks for the feedback and the test.

Minorj, thanks for the feedback on the Colored Anvil script. Another good catch. I will post an amendment in the install section of the post. Also, thanks for the results of the test. I am gald to see they came out the way they did. I was really out to accomplish two things. One is make room for new ores, but the second was to increase the chances of getting all the BOD's above iron. I feel that one of the side effects of player run shards is that smaller player base makes it more difficult to trade BODS and get the ones you need. Thus I was trying to compensate for that by increasing the odds (just a touch) of getting higher level ores. Loooks as though it worked out fairly well. But perhaps iron is still a bit high? Anyone have any thoughts on that? Thanks for testing.

S

SkyMonkey

I also did a similar test and iron is high BUT you find iron alot more than the other metals so it's all good.

A

AdrianBloodrain

IM haven a problem with ancientaprons .. dont seem to work i tryed to add one jsut to see what it looked like and it just says

No type with that name was Found.

Usage:
AncientApron Int32 Bonus

Did i do something wrong or is there a prob?

G

GoldDraco13

You'll need to add the value of the bonus .... for example like this [add ancientapron [BONUS HERE]

Put 60 or something in the [bonus here]

joshw

Sorceror
MTupstairs
DISCLAIMER, I am not trying to steal anyone's thunder here. The ore system I have provided here was originally done by CrazySeaMonkey and all credit should go to him and him only.

I really hate toi burst your bubble or be rude but new ores and logs have been around before crazy made them you might wanna exclude the statement

to him and him only

For it suggests that he came up with the idea of new ores and wood which is not the case.

This is not to put down crazy for his work. Just a heads up on things

MTupstairs

Wanderer
Let's not turn this into an ugly thread

Josh, I have no desire to turn this into an ugly thread but I do feel the need to justify what I wrote as I think it is very clearly written. My post clearly states that CrazySeaMonkey develped and deserves credit for "the ore system I provided here". It does not state that he developed the idea nor does it state that he was the first person to ever write such a script. I posted both pieces of my system because: #1 I wanted users to have a nearly extract and play system to use and #2 I was proud of the work I had done. On the other hand, I wanted to be sure to give credit to the original author of the particular ore and wood system I chose to use. A little bit of research on this site and one would quickly learn two things. First, CrazySeaMonkeys New Ore and Wood is the second most popular script on the site right now. Secondly, there was already quite a bit of debate over who named the ores, who stole the names, who stole the idea, etc.... I wanted to avoid anyone thinking that I was stealing or sparking that debate again. What I did not expect was to get corrected for giving him credit.

At any rate, sorry to rant but I felt I needed to address this topic. Thanks for your thoughts and there is no harm meant by my response. I just wanted to clear the air. Hopefully, this topic is over. :)

LightAlex

Wanderer
Hi I am new at scripting I need help

undefinedHi I am new at scripting so I was wandering where do I put this stuff that I have just downloaded and how do I make my own custom ores? Do I make them while I am in the game or what ever please help me and thank you for your time! :)

MTupstairs

Wanderer
Readme and I would wait a while!

Alex, there is a readme included in the zip file I provided. I think it pretty clearly outlines what to do with your existing files and with the new files I provided. Give that a shot first and post if you need more help.

As far as your own ores, if you are truly new to this I would hold off for a bit. It is not a matter of just adding them in game. You have to modify a number of scripts. I would suggest getting your feet a little wetter, then perhaps attempting to simply add your names and colors to the scripts you got here. Maybe others have different thoughts, but my advice is get a little time under the best first. Quite frankly, I probably attempted this script too soon. Although I was able to complete it, I now have gray hair and permanent shakes from too much coffee. ;)

joshw

Sorceror
Its ok just kinda sounded like it that way not a big deal. Had nothing to do with names of ores or any crap just saying that new woods and ores scripts were out way before crazy did it and credit he is due, correct but not him alone. but wasnt a post to be mean just saying it sounded like he was getting credit for writing new woods and ore scripts no biggy. the first time i saw a new woods script was almost a year ago Dougan_Ironfist's woods. So im giving him credit for starting the revolution lol anyways im done here with this so no hard feelings none were meant so by the way good job on the bods

MTupstairs

Wanderer
No offense taken at all!

joshw said:
Its ok just kinda sounded like it that way not a big deal. Had nothing to do with names of ores or any crap just saying that new woods and ores scripts were out way before crazy did it and credit he is due, correct but not him alone. but wasnt a post to be mean just saying it sounded like he was getting credit for writing new woods and ore scripts no biggy. the first time i saw a new woods script was almost a year ago Dougan_Ironfist's woods. So im giving him credit for starting the revolution lol anyways im done here with this so no hard feelings none were meant so by the way good job on the bods

Josh, no hard feelings at all. Just wanted to make sure that everyone understood my intentions as well. All is good. :D

LightAlex

Wanderer
Hi

Any idia why my server keep getting reinstalled agin and agin and agin like every day? becouse when ever it dose that all my chars get lost. Maybe I did something wrong or something?

Darkdanny

Wanderer
Hey Alex, I am not sure why your server is doing that but I think if you move it to the Server Support section you may get more feedback on it. Not trying to sound rude or anything, just that I believe you will get better feedback there.