RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

BOD/BOB/Reward System for Custom Ores

MTupstairs

Wanderer
Houston, we have a problem.

I will repost the files to address this issue, but I am also going to post the code fix for those who have already installed the scripts. Clumsy mistake on my part and MANY THANKS to Ms Lunnas on The Bluegrass Shard for finding it.

ERROR, items crafted from dull copper up to bronze incorrectly state they are crafted with the next ore down.

The fix is simple enough. Go to line approx line 1298 of baseweapon.cs and you will find this INCORRECT code:
Code:
{
	case CraftResource.DullCopper:		oreType = "Iron"; break; // dull copper
	case CraftResource.ShadowIron:		oreType = "Dull Copper"; break; // shadow iron
	case CraftResource.Copper:			oreType = "Sahdow Iron"; break; // copper
	case CraftResource.Bronze:			oreType = "Bronze"; break; // bronze
	case CraftResource.Gold:			oreType = "Gold"; break; // golden
	case CraftResource.Agapite:			oreType = "Agapite"; break; // agapite
	case CraftResource.Verite:			oreType = "Verite"; break; // verite
	case CraftResource.Valorite:		oreType = "Valorite"; break; // valorite
	case CraftResource.Silver:			oreType = "Silver"; break; // silver
	case CraftResource.Platinum:		oreType = "Platinum"; break; // platinum
	case CraftResource.Mythril:			oreType = "Mythril"; break; // mythril
	case CraftResource.Obsidian:		oreType = "Obsidian"; break; // obsidian
	case CraftResource.Jade:			oreType = "Jade"; break; // jade
	case CraftResource.Moonstone:		oreType = "Moonstone"; break; // moonstone
	case CraftResource.Sunstone:		oreType = "Sunstone"; break; // sunstone
	case CraftResource.Bloodstone:                oreType = "bloodstone"; break; // bloodstone					
	case CraftResource.SpinedLeather:	         oreType = "Spined"; break; // spined
	case CraftResource.HornedLeather:	         oreType = "Horned"; break; // horned
	case CraftResource.BarbedLeather:	         oreType = "Barbed"; break; // barbed
	case CraftResource.RedScales:		oreType = "Red"; break; // red
	case CraftResource.YellowScales:	         oreType = "Yellow"; break; // yellow
	case CraftResource.BlackScales:		oreType = "Black"; break; // black
	case CraftResource.GreenScales:		oreType = "Green"; break; // green
	case CraftResource.WhiteScales:		oreType = "White"; break; // white
	case CraftResource.BlueScales:		oreType = "Blue"; break; // blue
					default: oreType = ""; break;
				}

Change the code to this: (Be careful if you are a cut/paster cause I also spelled Shadow wrong)

Code:
{
	case CraftResource.DullCopper:		oreType = "Dull Copper"; break; // dull copper
	case CraftResource.ShadowIron:		oreType = "Shadow Iron"; break; // shadow iron
	case CraftResource.Copper:			oreType = "Copper"; break; // copper
	case CraftResource.Bronze:			oreType = "Bronze"; break; // bronze
	case CraftResource.Gold:			oreType = "Gold"; break; // golden
	case CraftResource.Agapite:			oreType = "Agapite"; break; // agapite
	case CraftResource.Verite:			oreType = "Verite"; break; // verite
	case CraftResource.Valorite:		oreType = "Valorite"; break; // valorite
	case CraftResource.Silver:			oreType = "Silver"; break; // silver
	case CraftResource.Platinum:		oreType = "Platinum"; break; // platinum
	case CraftResource.Mythril:			oreType = "Mythril"; break; // mythril
	case CraftResource.Obsidian:		oreType = "Obsidian"; break; // obsidian
	case CraftResource.Jade:			oreType = "Jade"; break; // jade
	case CraftResource.Moonstone:		oreType = "Moonstone"; break; // moonstone
	case CraftResource.Sunstone:		oreType = "Sunstone"; break; // sunstone
	case CraftResource.Bloodstone:		oreType = "Bloodstone"; break; // bloodstone					
	case CraftResource.SpinedLeather:	          oreType = "Spined"; break; // spined
	case CraftResource.HornedLeather:	          oreType = "Horned"; break; // horned
	case CraftResource.BarbedLeather:	          oreType = "Barbed"; break; // barbed
	case CraftResource.RedScales:		oreType = "Red"; break; // red
	case CraftResource.YellowScales:	          oreType = "Yellow"; break; // yellow
	case CraftResource.BlackScales:		oreType = "Black"; break; // black
	case CraftResource.GreenScales:		oreType = "Green"; break; // green
	case CraftResource.WhiteScales:		oreType = "White"; break; // white
	case CraftResource.BlueScales:		oreType = "Blue"; break; // blue
					default: oreType = ""; break;
				}

This will fix the issue and, once again, sorry for any issues this may have caused. Once the issue is corrected, any items that had already been crafted will display properly. I guess posting for the masses is the best way to test. Thanks everyone.

LightAlex

Wanderer
Hi

Yo I need help with my server is it ok if I chat here? Ok anyways my server get's reinstalled every day for some reason and how do I add items when I am in the game? do I press some stuff like [add? But it dosent have walls or anything and one more thing where do I put the Script for new items in uorun or what ever the server thing ok please reply oh yeh one more thing sorry how do I make it so that on ougateway it says server online/offline not local server and how do I put in the website?

MTupstairs

Wanderer
Please post in support forum

Alex, please post in server support for some help with the issue you are having regarding the server install. I will look for you post there and gladly provide any help that I can. As far as your other questions, I would suggest reading the FAQ section and the documentation provded in the "docs" folder of your RunUO download. As far as installing my files, I would again ask that you read my initial post and the readme file included with the download. There are too many files that need to be addressed for me to cover it in a post. I try to monitor this thread so that I can find and fix any issues people have with my post. If this turns into a server support thread, it only makes it more difficult for me to follow this thread. Thanks for coopertating. :D

minorj

Wanderer
MTupstairs said:
I will repost the files to address this issue, but I am also going to post the code fix for those who have already installed the scripts. Clumsy mistake on my part and MANY THANKS to Ms Lunnas on The Bluegrass Shard for finding it.

ERROR, items crafted from dull copper up to bronze incorrectly state they are crafted with the next ore down.

The fix is simple enough. Go to line approx line 1298 of baseweapon.cs and you will find this INCORRECT code:
Code:
cut for space
This will fix the issue and, once again, sorry for any issues this may have caused. Once the issue is corrected, any items that had already been crafted will display properly. I guess posting for the masses is the best way to test. Thanks everyone.

odd -- I went to fix mine and it was already the way it was ment to be -- not reinstalled or anything :) Shruggs :)
anyway it still neatest thing I seen cents the wheel

LightAlex

Wanderer
Hi

Ok I have some questions how do I make all thouse cool colors like yello and red combined like ores how do I make that I mena like how do I code that?

jackup

Wanderer
hay man

LightAlex said:
Ok I have some questions how do I make all thouse cool colors like yello and red combined like ores how do I make that I mena like how do I code that?

hya mna this is a thread for his ore system not a help thred but the way u set ur colers is [hun thin just ad radum numbers it wood be easyer if u down loaded the Pandora's Box it a help ful tool for new shard runers u can find it on the uogateway web site it in the side colume ther

MTupstairs

Wanderer
Strange things!

Minorj, that is really weird that your file was already correct. I don't know how that happened, but hey you can't beat a deal like that. Thanks for the feedback and glad you like the script.

cward

Wanderer
joshw said:
MTupstairs

I really hate toi burst your bubble or be rude but new ores and logs have been around before crazy made them you might wanna exclude the statement

For it suggests that he came up with the idea of new ores and wood which is not the case.

This is not to put down crazy for his work. Just a heads up on things

His statements in no way suggest Crazy came up with the idea. He was only giving him credit for his script. Not much of a heads up. :\

Anvil

Wanderer
Are you sure the latest downloads are up to date with the lower ore fix and the bless deed commented out? I just downloaded and installed and am getting the following:

- Error: Scripts\Custom\CrazySeaMonkey's New Ores & Logs\Items\Armor\BaseArmor.
cs: CS0246: (line 95, column 25) The type or namespace name 'PersonalBlessDeed'
could not be found (are you missing a using directive or an assembly reference?)

S

SkyMonkey

just add the script in a vola fixed....

(I even posted a link to it....)

MTupstairs

Wanderer
Another Nice Save!!!!!

Anvil, you were correct. I need to stop looking at this board at 2 am and I would stop making mistakes. When I edited the file to correct the ore issue I started with a new copy again. Thus, the bless code was back in the script. I forgot to remove it again before I zipped. I have posted a new one and thanks Anvil for the save. Late night mistake. :rolleyes:

Chicomalo

Wanderer
hmm Hi I am having problems with this something here on the script. I been trying to doit the way you posted in the txt but nothing.

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (4 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Items\Skill Items\Blacksmith Items\Misc\AnvilForge.cs: CS0101:
(line 7, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Anvil'
(line 35, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'Forge'
(line 62, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a definition
for 'RewardForge'
- Error: Scripts\Items\Special\Bulk Order Rewards\Blacksmithy\ColoredAnvil.cs:
CS0101: (line 8, column 15) The namespace 'Server.Items' already contains a defi
nition for 'ColoredAnvil'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

Now sure what I did replaces those files but keep on getting this error here.

Darkdanny

Wanderer
Do you have a custom folder inside the scripts folder for things you've added to the distro stuff? and if so does it already contain AnvilForge.cs and/or ColoredAnvil.cs?

MTupstairs

Wanderer
Chico, you have dupe files

Chicomolo, you definitely have files that have not been backed up and duplicated. Looks like anvilforge.cs and coloredforge.cs. I would search all the folders and see if you cant find the cuprits. The strange one is the reward forge error. You may have copied my file twice perhaps? Hope this helps. Let me know if it does not.

ray57913

Wanderer
yeah i'm having trouble installin the files. i put them in my custom folder and deleted all the ones in the readme and the one here but still can't get it to run. am i missing something else?

Scarcella

Wanderer
I know this is a shot in the dark but Everyone dyes their armor so it is pointless for me to have the ores. Is it possible for me to split this up safely so I can only use it for the woods? If not no biggie just wondering. Thanks :p

MTupstairs

Wanderer
Scarcella, of course you can do that. However, it will take some modification. My advice, and this is just preference, is to do the following:
1. DL the scripts I have provided (DO NOT install them)
2. Open them in a directory of their own.
3. Backup your original files
4. Using a merge program, update your own files to reflect the changes you need for the wood only.

You could, of course, install my files and take out any code pertaining to ore, but I think that would be much harder.

Give it try, let me know if you have any problems.

Darkdanny

Wanderer
Scarcella

You could also install the system normally. Even though you don't "need" the ores it might be easier than trying to seperate these. Unless, of course, having the new ores would mess you up then you may not have a choice.