RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Bomb plot thwarted !

NiteStar

Wanderer
pacolaco2 said:

It is just a matter of time until someone wearing a towel for a hat and sandals decides he wants to place a claim for 77 virgins with Allah, when it happens just keep your fingers crossed it isn't you or some other innocent being murdered by these freaks of nature.

This world get's stranger each day and long ago we learned there is no such thing as true security or safety.

Jeff

Lord
NiteStar said:
It is just a matter of time until someone wearing a towel for a hat and sandals decides he wants to place a claim for 77 virgins with Allah, when it happens just keep your fingers crossed it isn't you or some other innocent being murdered by these freaks of nature.

This world get's stranger each day and long ago we learned there is no such thing as true security or safety.
How about you don't hold one entire culture responsible for the actions of select members.

NiteStar

Wanderer
@ Jeff, I reread my statement and in no way did I hold one entire culture responsible for the actions of select members. I said "Someone wearing a towel for a hat" and didn't say anything about everyone I implied only a select few misguided people. BTW: Thanks for the negative karma, you must be republican LOL

If they had tanks and airplanes etc they would fight properly, but the haven't so they resort to crap like this.

It's all war, but using clusterbombs and cruisemissiles is more 'civilized'.

pacolaco2

Sorceror
Jeff said:
How about you don't hold one entire culture responsible for the actions of select members.

mmmmhm.

There's a song that goes

Whether long range weapon or suicide bomber
Wicked mind is a weapon of mass destruction
Whether you're soar away sun or BBC 1
Misinformation is a weapon of mass destruc
You could a Caucasian or a poor Asian
Racism is a weapon of mass destruction
We need to find courage, overcome
Inaction is a weapon of mass destruction

ps. Have you heard the hackers manifesto?

This is our world now... the world of the electron and the switch, the beauty of the baud. We make use of a service already existing without paying for what could be dirt-cheap if it wasn't run by profiteering gluttons, and you call us criminals.
We explore... and you call us criminals.
We seek after knowledge... and you call us criminals.
We exist without skin color, without nationality, without
religious bias... and you call us criminals.
You build atomic bombs, you wage wars, you murder, cheat, and lie to us and try to make us believe it's for our own good, yet we're the criminals.

Yes, I am a criminal. My crime is that of curiosity. My crime is that of judging people by what they say and think, not what they look like. My crime is that of outsmarting you, something that you will never forgive me for.

I am a hacker, and this is my manifesto. You may stop this individual, but you can't stop us all... after all, we're all alike.

NiteStar

Wanderer
Ankhesentapemkah said:
If they had tanks and airplanes etc they would fight properly, but the haven't so they resort to crap like this.

Actually targeting non military targets is wrong in any war as the U.S. should have learned in Vietnam but didn't. But to go out and deliberately kill innocents to instill terror is not a "proper" way to make a point by anyone and as it did on 9/11 it will just incur more anger from so called neutral countries.

I don't care if they wear a turban or a U.S. Army uniform murdering civilians is the wrong way to handle any problem.

Jeff

Lord
NiteStar said:
@ Jeff, I reread my statement and in no way did I hold one entire culture responsible for the actions of select members. I said "Someone wearing a towel for a hat" and didn't say anything about everyone I implied only a select few misguided people. BTW: Thanks for the negative karma, you must be republican LOL

Accually no im not, but that doesnt matter, in your post you made it quite clearn that you meant all those wearing towels on their heads, there are thousands of ppl with this culture and 99% of them are nice ppl. Im just saying be a little more considerate in your choice of words.

NiteStar

Wanderer
Jeff,

I am very sorry if you thought I was laying blame on an entire race or culture for I said nothing of the sort, you should go back and read carefully what few lines I did post.

What I did say was” It is just a matter of time until someone wearing a towel for a hat and sandals decides he wants to place a claim for 77 virgins with Allah. When it happens just keep your fingers crossed it isn't you or some other innocent being murdered by these freaks of nature.” And I am very sorry you took that to mean every person that practiced a certain religion in this case any Muslim.

To obtain the “Gift” from Allah you must die in battle against an enemy ergo you must be a warrior in the field of battle which in this case are Terrorist’s, not just anyone in a certain area. There are several terrorist fighting in the Middle East who are not even native to the area, some are from the U.S. and some from other countries.

Once more I am sorry you misunderstood my statement.

Jeff said:
TY, Jeff. Actually being that this happened in Britain, at first glance I assumed the IRA or other Irish terrorist org.

NiteStar

Wanderer
Anti-Basic said:
TY, Jeff. Actually being that this happened in Britain, at first glance I assumed the IRA or other Irish terrorist org.

Actually the latest news reports as well as statements from officials are attempting to lay blame on an Islamic Cell both here in the U.S. as well as England, no arrest have been made here while several have been made in the U.K.

NiteStar said:
Actually the latest news reports as well as statements from officials are attempting to lay blame on an Islamic Cell both here in the U.S. as well as England, no arrest have been made here while several have been made in the U.K.
Yes, thats why I said first assumption....

Ankhesentapemkah said:

Agreed. Killing is killing. I personally dont care if I get kiled by a roadside bomb or a misile. It isnt any less civilized. You aren't any less dead. It doesn't matter how you die (unless by a steaming hot succubus), the fact remains its gonna suck, and you're gonna be dead.

Rhexis

Knight
As someone who recently flew BA coming from Heathrow to the Phoenix Airport, I find this a wee bit surreal. Phoenix to my knowledge wouldnt be a prime target, except for the airforce base nearby. So maybe I dont have anything to worry about, but myeah.

Should I be freaking out like a hen on crack over the prospect of another trip to England? Because as un-fun the thought of being on a flight thats hijacked is...I really cant imagine that keeping me from boarding another flight. And honestly the thought of terrorism barely even crossed my mind on my flight there or back (no layover in New York). I was much more worried about them deciding I had been in England for too long and didnt qualify as a US citizen anymore (silliness, but true. Legal red tape probabley scares me more than flying ever will)

NiteStar

Wanderer
Rhexis said:
As someone who recently flew BA coming from Heathrow to the Phoenix Airport, I find this a wee bit surreal. Phoenix to my knowledge wouldnt be a prime target, except for the airforce base nearby. So maybe I dont have anything to worry about, but myeah.

Should I be freaking out like a hen on crack over the prospect of another trip to England? Because as un-fun the thought of being on a flight thats hijacked is...I really cant imagine that keeping me from boarding another flight. And honestly the thought of terrorism barely even crossed my mind on my flight there or back (no layover in New York). I was much more worried about them deciding I had been in England for too long and didnt qualify as a US citizen anymore (silliness, but true. Legal red tape probabley scares me more than flying ever will)

There are HUGE delays since todays plot was discovered so it is worse now that ever, the airport delays.

As for freaking out over a trip to England all I can say is it is a strange time we are in, all illusions of safety are being stripped away and fear is a terrorists greatest weapon. As I have said before I don't care what uniform they wear, if they go after the innocent it is wrong and will anger people more than anything else and in the end it will backfire on them as it did on 9/11

Johabius

Knight
NiteStar said:
it is a strange time we are in, all illusions of safety are being stripped away and fear is a terrorists greatest weapon.
And all illusions of freedom in our own country are threatened to be stripped away as well.
@Alis I think it has something to do with the promise of the virgins for those that die as warriors against the infidels or something to that effect.

Alis

Wanderer
Ehmz its simillar to the joke done published from denmark where it was talking about allah in bad terms im i correct never had chance to read articles about that news i was in the states for that recent time :S

NiteStar

Wanderer
Johabius said:
And all illusions of freedom in our own country are threatened to be stripped away as well.
@Alis I think it has something to do with the promise of the virgins for those that die as warriors against the infidels or something to that effect.

Much of the problems are caused by confusion over exactly what their Koran is teaching. I ordered a copy of the book just to see what it said and why people think murder is OK in the name of a God and to be honest at first glance the passages scared me.

If you want to read a few such passages that cause this type confusion here is a good place to start.

http://www.youmeworks.com/cause_of_terrorism.html

How I feel is that there have been more wars started in the name of some God than can be imagined and that to me is wrong. Greed would have to be the 2nd leading cause of war but religion has to be the #1 reason.