RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Complete UO:R features

Complete UO:R features

Hello again everyone :) I don't think I have seen any threads like this, but I thought it would be a good idea (not to mention a big help for some people) to have everyone chip in on this thread and mention one or two gameplay/item/magic system/etc features that were in UO:R. I personally can't remember alot of things that were and were not in the UO:R version. This thread isnt asking for how to script these things, just leave a post about what was and what was not in UO:R :)

I guess I'll start now that I rmember something :)

There were no 'follower' slots. All praise he who had 10 dragons following him (even if they wernt really listening to the owner). Also, stating the obvious, there wasnt such things as 'virtues', 'LRC', 'FCR', 'Mage Armor', 'Power Scrolls', 'Runics', and even bods (I think) maybe smithy bods, but no tailor bods.

Makaar

Sorceror
What I remember:

-No house customization
-No varied resistances like Fire, Ice, Energy, etc.
-No powerscrolls
-Books used different fonts
-Talking NPCs
-No titles displayed w/ NPC names
-No weapon abilities
-Obviously, no multiple facets other than Trammel or Felucca (No Malas, Ilshenar, Tokuno)
-Not sure if this was UO:R or which era it was, but moongates didn't allow people to walk freely through them to anywhere they wanted...it was based on which "direction" you walked in
-Energy Vortices and Blade Spirits were a lot stronger
-No insurance
-Weapons didn't display attributes
-Your status gump was the old-school smaller version (when you double click on your dragged-off health gump)
-Tinker traps could be made by anyone (I think)

There are more but I can't recall a ton...hope that helps, though. Eventually I'll be buying a UO:R era strategy guide on ebay here shortly, and my plan is to scan the pages that would benefit anyone and post them somewhere as a PDF...so eventually we'll have more answers. I know on the SWGEmu forums there are several old-school Pre-CU strategy guides available for everyone, so I imagine something like that would be pretty helpful here too. Keep an eye out for it.

Makaar

Sorceror
When I said no multiple facets I was mainly meaning like Ilshenar-Malas. Also if its T2A, then Lost Lands were around too...oh the memories.

Rhexis

Knight
Someone posted this pdf a while back. Forget who..but a quick search didnt pull it up so here it is attached..its pretty much identical to the guide that came with my UO:R back in the day.

Also attached is the Prof.txt taken directly from my UO:R disc. You'll need to do some work to get it working (make cliloc entries for the names/descriptions..looking at the current prof.txt you should see how to do that) as well as a strange 'you need to pick three skills' message I havent found a workaround for yet.

Attachments

• renaissance.pdf
    1.5 MB · Views: 428
  • ProfRen.txt
    5.8 KB · Views: 286
Thanks a bunch Rhexis, good find. It also makes me feel stupid, I jsut remembered that I do have my little UO:R booklet that I got when I started 10 years or so ago. *goes to look for it now* >_>

Weapons

Now the next question is what were the stats on magic weapons during the renassaince era.. like ruin, force, power, and vanq... that is important as I do not think that the runuo server actually reverts to those stats, just the names when aos and se are deactivated. :confused:

Garret

Sorceror
RunUO still have stats for ruin, force and other weps or armor.
Just look at weapon props.

Dr. Phillie

Wanderer
If someone managed to create a complete UO:R shard he could maybe share it with us? (that would mean like billion of karma for the creator, at least from me ;) )

Makaar

Sorceror
I'll be getting the pre-UO 2nd Age strategy guide any day now in the mail, and I'll post what useful information when I scan it. Just giving a heads up...

Repsteve

Sorceror
Dr. Phillie;680185 said:
If someone managed to create a complete UO:R shard he could maybe share it with us? (that would mean like billion of karma for the creator, at least from me ;) )

im working on one but its not complete

Repsteve

Sorceror
Well im currently still working on it but heres what I have so far

-No pet bonding (Im not really sure if they bonded back in the day)
-No Custom Houseing
-No title displaying on NPC's (Well most of them)
-Blade Spirits and Energy Vortex's made them a bit stronger
-Weapons don't display attributes (Other then what you find and ID)
-No varied resistances like Fire, Ice, Energy, etc. (Automatic when you turn off expansions and what not)
-No factions (at lease I don't think there was)

Im still working on other things as well. To make things worse I hardly remember things from back the day other then what I listed. Hopefuly someone might remember more then I and other people have posted

PappaSmurf

Knight
No Bulk Order Deeds, These were not released until November of 2001 which was several months after Ultima Online: Third Dawn hit.

Different Art for some creatures, while turning off expansions will change them to their UO:R Era art you will still need to do some mods for Hue's and suchs.

Many many mods to creature stats and damage.

Crafting Menu changes.

Repsteve;680546 said:
-No factions (at lease I don't think there was)

I am pretty sure there were factions back then, but I am definately not 100% on that. It has been way too long. I need to get my UO:R manual back from home next time I get a break from school. I'll be sure to post more from it in the thread.

Repsteve

Sorceror
Well there might have been since there was two facets. Removeing the Bod's shouldn't be that hard. But im kinda debateing about the factions. Hopefuly we find out about that soon.

Makaar

Sorceror
Pre UO:R there were no factions. Factions was invented in December 2000, while UO:R came out May 2000. If you are talking about stuff included DURING UO:R, then Factions happened that same year...so I'm not sure what you're looking for, but using this information you should be able to come up with an answer of yes or no. Since it came out the same year as UO:R but before the next expansion in 2001 (Third Dawn), then you would probably consider it Post-UO:R/Pre-UOTD material. Since most of us consider a lot of the newer stuff that happened after Mondain's Legacy but before Kingdom Reborn (still unreleased as of this writing) as ML content, I would think Factions would be considered UO:R content, as well. So if you are looking for a Pre-UO:R shard, then no for factions, and if you are talking about a UO:R era shard, then yes.

Sources:
UO Stratics - The Ultima Online House of Commons
Ultima Online timeline - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Makaar

Sorceror
Found Some More:

Sounds:

-Liches, Harpies, Ghosts and some others I cannot quite remember, had older sound ID's and not the newer sound sets. If you go into InsideUO for example, and find one of the creature's names, then you will see two sets of sound samples for them, and they used to use the first set.

Older Creature ID's:

-Ghosts, Ghouls, Spectres, Shades: Used to look like a floating torso.

-Imps: Reddish mongbats

-Stone Gargoyles: The original Gargoyle but greyish

-Terathan Avenger: Looks like the Drone but reddish brown

-Daemon: Beefier and less dumb-looking

-Balron: Same but greyish

-Wyvern: Different colored dragon

-Giant Spider: More tarantula and less brown recluse

-Frost Spider: Whitish tarantula

-Dread Spider: Metallish-colored Giant Spider

-Mummy: Although I disagree changing this one back since it looks better as a bandaged cadaver rather than its pale colored zombie look, here is a picture regardless...

-Evil Mage: Looked like normal player NPCs with robes...not the blackish versions they have now.

-Evil Mage Lords: Same.

-Titan: Used to look like the Cyclopian Warrior, but didn't have a mallet. Was basically a "Cyclops Mage" until they turned it into a giant with a Spartan Helmet, which I thought the new Titan would have made a better Titan, but they should have at least made the old ID into a Cyclops Mage or something...

Thanks to Stratics for the pictures...These have to be changed via .def file in your UO directory, and you can find many different help posts on these forums to do so...but here's one in particular:
http://www.runuo.com/forums/new-join-forum/79560-classic-ids-animations-newbies.html

Not sure if I forgot any...but that's all I could come up with for T2A expansion enemies. Still waiting on my strategy guide, I'll post it whenever I get it...still playing the waiting game... :( I know PappaSmurf pointed out turning off all expansions would do this as well, but I posted the above for correct hues and just in case anyone didn't want to turn off all expansions on their shard.

For the record: Please do not suggest people post their old-school shards. That is borderline requesting which is not allowed, and chances are, if you let someone completely do all the work for you, you probably aren't capable of running a server on your own. This information is for anyone willing to utilize it for themselves, and particularly for killsom3thing who is taking the time to work on it.