RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Console Logging - a must, why in 2.xx is missing?

clark71822

Sorceror
yeah I run VS 2010 so if I do come across any compile errors, it'll let me know either on the fly or when I run the debugger before I run it through my test shard. The only output I'm interested in really as far as console output is concerned is world load errors, which I attempt to solve before I upload to a live shard. So me needing remote access to a live shard's console is kinda really a moot point in my opinion.

Jeff

Lord
yeah I run VS 2010 so if I do come across any compile errors, it'll let me know either on the fly or when I run the debugger before I run it through my test shard. The only output I'm interested in really as far as console output is concerned is world load errors, which I attempt to solve before I upload to a live shard. So me needing remote access to a live shard's console is kinda really a moot point in my opinion.
What if you miss a file when you copy it over to your production server? Just sayin... why is everyone fighting this so hard? Haha, its a good suggestion.

clark71822

Sorceror
I don't deny it's a good suggestion...I'm just saying its not an option I would use really. As far as missing a file when I upload to a production server, I make it a habit to make a note of what files I create and/or modify as I'm doing them, that way I make sure I don't miss anything when I upload them :)

Pure Insanity

Sorceror
What if you miss a file when you copy it over to your production server? Just sayin... why is everyone fighting this so hard? Haha, its a good suggestion.

It is a great feature suggestion. I do it on my own shard. But I believe for it to be of true use, you should maybe send other stuff to the console. Because if not...you're not gonna be logging much.

shtoink

Sorceror
Pure Insanity, using the timestamp thing you posted earlier isnt working right for me under mono using newer svn. It no longer starts new console messages on the next line it now prints them one after another on the same line. And its only timestamping the begining of the line. Like its missing a carrige return.

MarciXs

Sorceror
I did some "research" and actually Runuo has this already... if you run Runuo.exe with argument -service it does that... I know it's an old thread but anyway.

AlphaDragon

Sorceror
I did some "research" and actually Runuo has this already... if you run Runuo.exe with argument -service it does that... I know it's an old thread but anyway.
:confused: For as long as I have messed with RunUO I finaly find this command line.. LMAO TY!!

-Service

shtoink

Sorceror
using -service makes it log all to file and log nothing to console. I wish to have it do both is this easily possible? I was looking in main.cs and I see where -service is implemented but I do not see where the regular console log is. Can anyone advise pls?