RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Artwork How-To

ChatNoir

Squire
Hi,
got a Problem, I addes some new arts, but all with flags on background an foliage are not shown ingame (transparent and translucent are not set!), and it happened to all the trees, to the original osi trees,too :-(

Zainir

Wanderer
I'm sure this is due to some noobish thing I did, but I can't figure it out.

I added in the artwork fine. It shows up in game with the correct art and animations. It's a wearable, so I put it on and that works too. But once I put it on, I can't take it off. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Oh, and I can't remove it once its been put on either.

**Never mind. It works now, though I'm not entirely sure what I did differently**

Tannis

Knight
Zainir;767534 said:
I'm sure this is due to some noobish thing I did, but I can't figure it out.

I added in the artwork fine. It shows up in game with the correct art and animations. It's a wearable, so I put it on and that works too. But once I put it on, I can't take it off. Does anyone have any idea why this might be?

Oh, and I can't remove it once its been put on either.

**Never mind. It works now, though I'm not entirely sure what I did differently**

You might have put it on the wrong layer, or not set a layer to it at all. I've done that a few times in the past. Also, if you scripted it and didn't add a layer to it in the script, it can get stuck.

loscheider

Wanderer
ok i must be overlooking something

im trying to add custom art to my test shard and i was wondering where do i save the bitmap files to. i have looked in te how to and i cant see where to save

Tannis

Knight
loscheider;769096 said:
im trying to add custom art to my test shard and i was wondering where do i save the bitmap files to. i have looked in te how to and i cant see where to save

Sorry it took me so long to respond. There's a few different times you'll use bitmaps, so I'm not sure which time you're talking about.

The first time you'll use them is when you decide what to put in, so we'll assume you're adding a new robe. You'll need a bitmap of the robe as it looks on the paperdoll, and a bitmap of the way it looks when it's laying on the ground or in a backpack. These you'll save to wherever on your PC. I like to have a folder on my Dekstop called "Art" and that's where I put any bitmap pictures that I plan on putting on my shard.

The next time you'll deal with them is when you're loading them into the Gump(Anim) file. So, follow these steps:

7) I suggest you grab a notebook and a pen for this part. From the drop down list select Empty Slots, and pick one. I suggest going to the very bottom, and working your way up. Why? Because there's a large number of open slots at the end of the file, and it will make things easier to have all your customs in one group, rather than in different places all over the file. Now, right click the slot you've chosen, and you will see a list of options. Choose "Load From Bitmap. It will let you choose the directory to choose your artwork from. Choose the .bmp file you wish to add, and click Open. Now you will see a piece of artwork that belongs on the paperdoll in that slot. Write down the slot you saved your art to. Notice with your new art slot highlighted, towards the bottom of the page it says something like Animation ID:0xAAAA does not exist. Make sure you write down that hex number also. You need to make that animation exist, and this is where InsideUO comes in.

The third time you use them will be when loading the "tile" (how the item looks in a backpack) into the Art file. Follow these instructions:

12) If you look around in here, you'll see the artwork tile to represent anything on the ground. Weapons, clothing, etc. You'll even see frame-by-frame animations. Remember the hex number you put your Test Robe info into in Tiledata that you wrote down? Put it in the Search bar, and click Search. This is where you put your new robe's ground tile. Right click that slot, choose Load from Bitmap, and load the groundtile you just saved.

Happy patching!

loscheider

Wanderer
ok i am having a problem with a basic robe script to show my simple dress art i added in. the gound tile works but i cant wear it it is marked wearable and a here is mt script for it can someone tell me what i am doing wrong?
using System;
using Server;

namespace Server.Items
{
[Flipable( 0x3ffc, 0x3ffc )]
public class simpledress : BaseClothing
{

[Constructable]
public simpledress() : this( 0 )
{
}

[Constructable]
public simpledress( int hue ) : base( 0x3FFC, Layer.OuterTorso, hue )
{

Name = "Simple Dress";
Weight = 1.0;
}

public simpledress( Serial serial ) : base( serial )
{
}

public override void Serialize( GenericWriter writer )
{
base.Serialize( writer );

writer.Write( (int) 0 ); // version
}

public override void Deserialize( GenericReader reader )
{
base.Deserialize( reader );

int version = reader.ReadInt();
}
}
}

Arkryal

Wanderer
Ok, I've been out of this for a while, and now that UOGateway is dead, what are people using to distribute graphics patches to their shard's players?

I have some new scripts that incorporate a lot of new art. I intend to post the final but want to get the art packaged for easy install and distribution.

KKND

Sorceror
using System;
using Server;

namespace Server.Items
{

[Constructable]
public testrobe( int hue ) : base( 0x3FFD, hue )
{
Weight = 0;
Name = "testrobe";
}

}

and runuo writes me what excepted class error..

KKND

Sorceror
can u do the same with this?
//**** Thantos ****//

using System;

namespace Server.Items
{
public class IshaysGayWand : BaseOuterTorso
{
[Constructable]
public IshaysGayWand()
: this(0)
{
}

[Constructable]
public IshaysGayWand(int hue)
: base(0x3FFD, hue)
{
Name = "IshaysGayWand";
Weight = 3.0;
}

public override bool Dye(Mobile from, DyeTub sender)
{
from.SendLocalizedMessage(sender.FailMessage);
return false;
}

public IshaysGayWand(Serial serial)
: base(serial)
{
}

public override void Serialize(GenericWriter writer)
{
base.Serialize(writer);

writer.Write((int)0); // version
}

public override void Deserialize(GenericReader reader)
{
base.Deserialize(reader);

int version = reader.ReadInt();
}
}
}
dont works either

PS big thx :p

Thantos

Wanderer
The axe has to be scripted as a item, not as a wearable. Weapons have different attributes, ( depending on what you want it to have ) that need added to the script. Also you have to put in the Item ID for the axe which i dont know what your ID for it is lol.

KKND

Sorceror
Thantos;773802 said:
The axe has to be scripted as a item, not as a wearable. Weapons have different attributes, ( depending on what you want it to have ) that need added to the script. Also you have to put in the Item ID for the axe which i dont know what your ID for it is lol.
the ID is the same... can u change the scipt?

loscheider

Wanderer
i was wondering if anyone has a copy of the muotool program all links i find are dead i see alot of people using it to make patches and i would like to use it to thank you all

loscheider

Wanderer
was that a windows program cause im getting an error and btw i was looking for MUOTool not the multool but hey thanks anyway thantos