RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Golem System

iZJokersWild

Wanderer
goodmojo said:
How does a Tinker craft a golem? I didnt see a README.txt or directions in the original post.

You need a clockwork assembly, 5 gears, 500 of the ingot you want to use and a power crystal. To get it to work, just double click on the clockwork assembly, then target the ingots.

Hegge

Sorceror
Thanks for support.
I have been away some but looks like Z has given som awnsers, thanks mate =)
Im not sure about the balance of the golems so if you find them to good or if they suck, please let me know =)

Greystar

Wanderer
Hegge said:
Thanks for support.
I have been away some but looks like Z has given som awnsers, thanks mate =)
Im not sure about the balance of the golems so if you find them to good or if they suck, please let me know =)

Has anyone made a way to make the Clockworkassemblies Craftable yet... I've been thinking about it so that tinkers dont have to hunt golems then HOPE they get an assembly... PowerCrystals should still have to be found... although I havent gotten a single one from anything I've killed on my shard so Im beginning to wonder if I'm going to find one at all... I've gotten a whole lot of Arcane Gems from the Jukas though.

Waverian

Wanderer
Adding an entry for making clockwork assemblies craftable is rather simple.

The very basic idea is this, in DefTinkering.cs:

Code:
AddCraft( typeof( ClockworkAssembly ), 1044050, 600001, 50.0, 100.0, typeof( IronIngot ), 1044036, 30, 1044037 );

I'm sure you can find a breakdown of this in the docs.

Also note, that I did this using an edited cliloc.enu file, where as the entry 600001 ( reading "clockwork assembly" was added via UO Localization. Granted there may be some type of way to add a string instead of an int, I didn't really get involved enough to figure that out.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
Waverian said:

Code:
AddCraft( typeof( ClockworkAssembly ), 1044050, 600001, 50.0, 100.0, typeof( IronIngot ), 1044036, 30, 1044037 );

Also note, that I did this using an edited cliloc.enu file, where as the entry 600001 ( reading "clockwork assembly" was added via UO Localization. Granted there may be some type of way to add a string instead of an int, I didn't really get involved enough to figure that out.

the string version is just as simple

Code:
AddCraft( typeof( ClockworkAssembly ), 1044050, "Clockwork Assembly", 50.0, 100.0, typeof( IronIngot ), "You need more ingots", 30, "ingots" );

H

hudel

I've looked for the codes in an unmodified cliloc file. You can use it like this:

Code:
AddCraft( typeof( ClockworkAssembly ), 1044046, "Clockwork Assembly", 50.0, 100.0, typeof( IronIngot ), [COLOR=Red]1044036[/COLOR], 30, [COLOR=Red]1044037[/COLOR] );

@KillerBeez
hmm,... I think you permuted the string for the "You have not enough ingots" and the "ingots" in your post.

KillerBeeZ

Knight
hudel said:
I've looked for the codes in an unmodified cliloc file. You can use it like this:

Code:
AddCraft( typeof( ClockworkAssembly ), 1044046, "Clockwork Assembly", 50.0, 100.0, typeof( IronIngot ), [COLOR=Red]1044036[/COLOR], 30, [COLOR=Red]1044037[/COLOR] );

@KillerBeez
hmm,... I think you permuted the string for the "You have not enough ingots" and the "ingots" in your post.

AddCraft( typeof( ClockworkAssembly ), 1044046, "Clockwork Assembly", 50.0, 100.0, typeof( IronIngot ), 1044036, 30, 1044037 );

on a clean copy of both b36 and 1.0...

B36

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefTinkering.cs: CS1502: (line 191, column 1) Th
e best overloaded method match for 'Server.Engines.Craft.CraftSystem.AddCraft(Sy
stem.Type, int, string, double, double, System.Type, string, int, int)' has some
invalid arguments
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefTinkering.cs: CS1503: (line 191, column 105)
Argument '7': cannot convert from 'int' to 'string'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

1.0 RC0

Scripts: Compiling C# scripts...failed (2 errors, 0 warnings)
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefTinkering.cs: CS1502: (line 169, column 1) Th
e best overloaded method match for 'Server.Engines.Craft.CraftSystem.AddCraft(Sy
stem.Type, int, string, double, double, System.Type, string, int, int)' has some
invalid arguments
- Error: Scripts\Engines\Craft\DefTinkering.cs: CS1503: (line 169, column 105)
Argument '7': cannot convert from 'int' to 'string'
Scripts: One or more scripts failed to compile or no script files were found.
- Press return to exit, or R to try again.

H

hudel

hmm,... strange. :confused:
I use this on 1.0 RC0 and it works properly for me.
I post my DefThinkering. Maybe we can find the difference. :eek:

Attachments

• DefTinkering.cs
    13.1 KB · Views: 12

Hegge

Sorceror
Greystar said:
Has anyone made a way to make the Clockworkassemblies Craftable yet... I've been thinking about it so that tinkers dont have to hunt golems then HOPE they get an assembly... PowerCrystals should still have to be found... although I havent gotten a single one from anything I've killed on my shard so Im beginning to wonder if I'm going to find one at all... I've gotten a whole lot of Arcane Gems from the Jukas though.

Yhe they can be found.. hmm look in golem.cs you se they are randomed there... i i remember correctly there is a 10% to dropp power crystal... might be on the controllers ...

Greystar

Wanderer
hudel said:
hmm,... strange. :confused:
I use this on 1.0 RC0 and it works properly for me.
I post my DefThinkering. Maybe we can find the difference. :eek:

Are you using the mod by Awdball if you are thats why that line works for you. It works for me as well (thanks to all who contributed). I will leave the powercystals as rare items but I though the clockwork assemblies should be buildable as contructable assemblies.. thanks.

Greystar

Wanderer
Waverian said:

Code:

Thanks though trying to prevent needing to modify anything so as to make it so my players only have to have either Razor and the client or Razor/UOGateway/Client with nothing else... although we use UOAM as well for easier tracking of each other.

MarKdElf

Wanderer
Error

Ok im getting an error(happened to me in this & arya's auction script):

Code:
- Error: Scripts\Items\Misc\ClockworkAssembly.cs: CS0117: (line181, column 8) 
'Server.Mobiles.Golem' does not contain a definition for 'MoveToWorld'

got the same MoveToWorld thingy in the other scripts.... :( Ne Help Neone? (mind you im newbie in this scene so pls tollerate me lol)

KillerBeeZ

Knight
MarKdElf said:
Ok im getting an error(happened to me in this & arya's auction script):

Code:
- Error: Scripts\Items\Misc\ClockworkAssembly.cs: CS0117: (line181, column 8) 
'Server.Mobiles.Golem' does not contain a definition for 'MoveToWorld'

got the same MoveToWorld thingy in the other scripts.... :( Ne Help Neone? (mind you im newbie in this scene so pls tollerate me lol)

you need to upgrade to 1.0

you can edit this to work with b36

If I remember correctly...

find and replace this in ClockworkAssembly.cs

g.MoveToWorld( from.Location, from.Map );

with this

g.Location = from.Location;
g.Map = from.Map;

twig

Wanderer
Greystar said:
Thanks though trying to prevent needing to modify anything so as to make it so my players only have to have either Razor and the client or Razor/UOGateway/Client with nothing else... although we use UOAM as well for easier tracking of each other.

try...

Code:
AddCraft( typeof( ClockworkAssembly ), 1044050, "clockwork assembly", 50.0, 100.0, typeof( IronIngot ), "ingots", 30, 1044037 );

I use it like that fine in my crafting scripts for all kinds of items. ;)

MarKdElf

Wanderer
KillerBeeZ said:
you need to upgrade to 1.0

you can edit this to work with b36

If I remember correctly...

find and replace this in ClockworkAssembly.cs

g.MoveToWorld( from.Location, from.Map );

with this

g.Location = from.Location;
g.Map = from.Map;

sounds easy... cool thanks :)

rafael

Wanderer
I have a question, i liked the system a lot 1st of all, but when the Golem has his hp lowered, how can i heal it? i mean, there should be a way to repair it with tinker repair? or i need to use magery, healing/vet???

also, they eat meat right? so it won't decay and get bonded?

Hegge

Sorceror
rafael said:
I have a question, i liked the system a lot 1st of all, but when the Golem has his hp lowered, how can i heal it? i mean, there should be a way to repair it with tinker repair? or i need to use magery, healing/vet???

also, they eat meat right? so it won't decay and get bonded?

Not usre about the meat but i think so...
And yes you can repair it with the tinker repair. To repair more hp each time you need good tinkering and good BS ...
Glad you like the system.. i made it couse thinkers sucked befor. now they is as good as a tamer. Maby even better...