RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Login Screens

Roseanne

Wanderer
Custom Login Screens

I have seen many shards w/their own custom login screens. I have figured out how to edit the background of the login screen, but how do I edit the rest? What makes the rest of the stuff show up like that & where/how would I edit it. ty in advance.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Another question I have which relates to this.. Which numbers do I edit lol.. I have opened up those files and OMG!!! There is like 50 million numbers and It takes forever to try to scroll through them all, It would help if there was someone who knew which ones to edit it would help alot in the future.. Any ideas on which ones to edit? Like lets say for the login screen and maybe the Paper Doll ect.. just some simple things..

Phantom

Knight
Iomega0318 said:
Another question I have which relates to this.. Which numbers do I edit lol.. I have opened up those files and OMG!!! There is like 50 million numbers and It takes forever to try to scroll through them all, It would help if there was someone who knew which ones to edit it would help alot in the future.. Any ideas on which ones to edit? Like lets say for the login screen and maybe the Paper Doll ect.. just some simple things..

You look through them till you find the artwork you want to modify.

Half the job is finding the correct artwork...

the login screen bmp is in the gump mul and idx in the client thats where you will find it.
delete the login screen that shows up and put your new 1 in its place.
i use mul builder to make the changes.

Sunshine

Wanderer
I am not saying this is the right way or the only way this is how I did it.

I opened inside uo found the matching art work (sometimes listed more than once ) and checke the number id of it then looked through the the gump changes I was making and seeing which I could live with and without.

Those I felt I did not really need or want I altered I know true black comes up transparent for some reason.. so that is what I did...only way I could figure out the numbers myself

PS only do one at a time..helps keep confusion down and always save orginals to a folder for back up incase something goes wrong and for me it always seems to go wrong..

HellRazor

Knight
Look for the login screen castle artwork, its about 1/4 of the way down in the gump list. I'm at work, otherwise I'd probably be able to get you the ID #.

Roseanne

Wanderer
Maybe I need to ask question differently...

In the login section itself... the grey area and the area you type your login info... I want to change the position that these items are sitting in... where/how would I do that? Is it a script somewhere?

Phantom

Knight
Roseanne said:

In the login section itself... the grey area and the area you type your login info... I want to change the position that these items are sitting in... where/how would I do that? Is it a script somewhere?

This is not possible.

Sunshine

Wanderer
Roseanne said:

We changed the grey area on ours, as for the place you actually type the information I have yet to find exactly what to change for that.

see my above post to see how I did and it and it alot by tiral and error that is why you must always keep a copy of the bmp to exchange it back if you happen onto one you did not mean to change

HellRazor

Knight
Roseanne said:

That is all handled by the UO client, not the server. You can change the artwork itself, but not where the client has placed it on the screen.

Roseanne

Wanderer
Thank you all very much. Little by little I'm finding the graphics. I have noticed that changing them affects other gumps within the game. Is there a way to do so that it only affects the login screen?

Sunshine

Wanderer
not that I know of that is why I said be careful as you may have to go in and change the gumps if you are not careful...good luck with it if you find an easier way PLEASE let me know so I can redo ours

HellRazor

Knight
It sounds like you are trying to change the grey box containing the login info. That same gump is used elsewhere throughout the game, so you can't replace it without effecting other parts of the game.

Iomega0318

Sorceror
Intresting very intresting.. I will have to look through it all I guess, and if you guys want to see a real custom shard you guys may want to check out Salem Revisited they went a little over bored especially on the login screen lol but It looks ok and its pretty much an all custom shard (<< Not advertising I swear just using it as an example)

Erica

Knight
Something like mines

I have this on my shard as custom login screen also paperdolls are custom just wanted to show you can be done.

Montac

Wanderer
I'm actully trying to do the same thing (edit the client back ground art)...

So I managed to edit the background art (its just nice and plain and simple for a test), but now every time i log in, i get a quick glimpse of the game and then *poof* the client closes, no errors, no warnings, no illegal operations and such, just closes like I cliked the close button.

Any ideas?

Edit:
Bit more information: My shard uses an older version of UO which still uses the verdata.mul which is where the background gump is saved.

Sunshine

Wanderer
I would love to be able to change the gold line around the actual log in place and to make the white boxes more a softer gray..

here is what we have

Erica I noticed you altered yours, is it all mul work?

Rhexis

Knight
From the help/credits/movie buttons I asume Erica is using the dragon desktop as a base for her modifications. ( http://www.uo-desktop.uoo.ru/ ). If you're interested in changing the appearence clientside Id say maybe download one of their themes and work off it as a base..as they already have all the gumps you need changed identified. (that is, if you wanna totally change the way uo looks for your server).

Those not using verdata, should look into .muo patching, or putting the changes directly into the muls. There are tutorial posts of both somehwhere here at Runuo. One by Tannis, the other in the LearnUO forum.

Sunshine

Wanderer
Ahh yes we have a custome paper doll ect...I and I did the log in page but was just not able to find the right place to change the white log in section. Where you put your account name ect..

Thanks for the link though I am sure many will love to see what awsome things they offer...