RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Login Screens

you would need to know about biniary code and know what you are doing for that stuff

then you would have to patch your edited client to your player
which is technicaly illegal to do

I suggest you just modify the bit map to have the text in there like that

zartanian

Sorceror
It is not a major concern to remove/edit that line of text more of curiosity. How would I know what is controlled with the client? I can search all the files and guess…but is there an actual way of knowing.

HellRazor

Knight
Lord_Greywolf;793893 said:
you would need to know about biniary code and know what you are doing for that stuff

Not really. All you need is a hex editor like 010 Hex Editor.

Just load client.exe in it and look for text strings. You can overwrite any text strings as long as you stay within the length of the text string. Simple stuff, no knowledge of "biniary code" required.

then you would have to patch your edited client to your player
which is technicaly illegal to do

I suggest you just modify the bit map to have the text in there like that

Using a hex editor on an executable isn't "illegal".

Distributing an edited client may be an infringement of copyright, but then again, distributing patches of ANY client files, i.e. custom art patches to MUL files, may be an infringement of copyright too. Sorry, but you don't get to pick and choose which parts of the emulation world are "illegal". It's all pretty grey area stuff.

I say, let's just answer the question and leave the legality questions to the copyright lawyers. :p