RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Custom Login Screens

Rhexis

Knight
Just dont expect updates or support on their forums. From what Ive seen thier site is a bit dead. The forums are just spammed with ads when I last looked.

Been thinking about opening a similar site, but dont know if the demand is there for such a thing.

Sunshine

Wanderer
I think that would be great!! I have seen alot of your post and you are nice helpful and kind when others need help.

I am sure such would be a huge success

Rhexis

Knight
Just went to the russian side of the site and noticed an extra news post. A farewell note saying the site would no longer be worked on, but would stay up so people could still download existing works.

I think Ill set something up and send links out to interested parties to get some feedback. Thanks for the encouragement Sunshine.

floppydisc

Sorceror
If you want to distribute such changes, also take a look at my MulEditor which is able to generate a self-patching verdata. (Convertig a verdata.mul into a .exe)

Sunshine

Wanderer
Rhexis said:
Just went to the russian side of the site and noticed an extra news post. A farewell note saying the site would no longer be worked on, but would stay up so people could still download existing works.

I think Ill set something up and send links out to interested parties to get some feedback. Thanks for the encouragement Sunshine.

You are welcome and I hope I am one that you send that link to, though we like ours there is always room for improvment and learning.

Ty I am sure this is a Huge undretaking

Sunshine

Wanderer
wow nice someone sent me a messege said I HATE YOU ..from this post...

Hmmmmmmmm I know 1 who hates me and takes 100 karma when they hit me....surely they would not..but yes I am sure they did...

timothyisreal

Sorceror
start up screen and paperdoll

ok this may be a stupid question but im still new at all this were do you go i mean like what files do you have to get into to change the start up screen are they in thr run uo files or do you have to go into the ea games files im lost on this point any help would be a great help like the paper doll thing i know that used to be verdata but i have yet to find that in the run uo files ty for any help you can give:confused:

Montac

Wanderer
I found it in verdata.mul which is in your EA directory. Using MulEditor I just locaded verdata and started looking for it... turns out it was about half way down.

Once you find it, just 'clear' it and open a new bmp, select the one you want to be the background and hit save. Then save the verdata.mul and use it to replace the one in your EA folder.

Tannis

Knight
Montac said:
I found it in verdata.mul which is in your EA directory. Using MulEditor I just locaded verdata and started looking for it... turns out it was about half way down.

Once you find it, just 'clear' it and open a new bmp, select the one you want to be the background and hit save. Then save the verdata.mul and use it to replace the one in your EA folder.
Erm...UO no longer supports using a Verdata file. If you want to patch files to your players they need to be in the appropriate MUL file or they need to be patched into an MUO file.

floppydisc

Sorceror
MulEditor supports creating a patcher from a verdata file which can be easily distributed. So that should not be a concern :D

Erica

Knight
Hi today i made a new desktop for my login i think ill keep this one heres a picture of it.

AnubisM

Wanderer
Alright ive read through all of this i relize most ppl know how to change the artwork on clientside. I have the custom desktop- like paperdoll, stat bar, etc. ALl that ingame artwork rdy to go. But one last thing was i wanted to change the look on the client side as well but iam not sure what i do to edit or what program!! Anybody can help me?

zartanian

Sorceror
Erica;518969 said:
Hi today i made a new desktop for my login i think ill keep this one heres a picture of it.

How or where did you alter the information to advise the player not to use the OSI/EA password?

HellRazor

Knight
zartanian;793332 said:
How or where did you alter the information to advise the player not to use the OSI/EA password?

Probably by sector editing the client and overwriting the original text with new text.

HellRazor

Knight
Lord_Greywolf;793881 said:
that is just text placed into the bitmap when it was created, so it becomes a part of the bitmap

I think that is the copyright notice that is normally displayed on top of the bitmap. It's hardcoded.

zartanian

Sorceror
I know it is not part of the image as I have changed it. I also checked the cliloc file and saw nothing.
Any other suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

HellRazor

Knight
Do you still see the UO copyright message in that spot after you change the image?

If so, you'll need to hex edit the client to change that text.