RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

~~~ Custom "Vehicles" class ~~~

alambik

Sorceror
~~~ Custom "Vehicles" class ~~~

Custom Vehicles

SUMMARY
Vehicle that can move and fly.

DESCRIPTION
This script implement a base class for the 2D clients, that allow to manage vehicles by adding their custom design by any third party mul altering tool such as "mulpatcher" (8 new tiles). An example is given with the package, demonstrating the use of such script. The example come from a sci-fi shard, but you can imaging designing med-fan vehicle to your shard.

TUTORIAL:
Please read the online >>> TUTORIAL <<< for implementing new vehicles design.

PACKAGE
You will need the >>> PACKAGE <<< that contains:
- 8 bitmaps of the Octonuker vehicle as an example
* scripts:
- the Vehicle base class
- the OctoNuker lunar car example
- the EagleGear flying wing example
- the optional AddShadow command (command still in beta! be careful!)
* documentation:
- tutorial for implementing new a new vehicle classe and associated design.

FEATURES
- earth, sea, flying, and space vehicles
- fuel management
- hit resistance points before being broken
- vehicle square size
- vehicles keys
- vehicle shadow on the earth for flying vehicles
- engines sound
- basic colisions management (landtiles/statics/dynamic items)
- 4 customizable special functions to implement
- French or English language configuration

KNOWN ISSUES
- Can't go under the bridges
- When added, shadow will sometimes cause bugs at server load
(please help me on this point: when attaching a shadow addon to a vehicle instance, the server has sometime a bug on load, I don't understand the problem.)

UPDATES
18th January 2006:
- Added the "InvisibleMobile" overridable property that make the rider invisible
- Added the EagleGear flying vehicle example
- Fixed: bug of the collision when size is too large
- Fixed: if the rider is killed, the vehicle is stopping/landing and the dead player is then exited from the vehicle.

This is an example: the Octonuker lunar vehicle

Here is the real commands gump:

You will need Mulpatcher:

The Octonuker car anf the EagleGear flying vehicle.

Enjoy.

A_Li_N

Knight
ArteGordon said:
very cool.
Diddo...very cool

- When added, shadow will sometimes cause bugs at server load
(please help me on this point: when attaching a shadow addon to a vehicle instance, the server has sometime a bug on load, I don't understand the problem.)
Some more info would be helpful. You could post in the script support with a crash log and some code and we could help you figure it out. Post and then give us a link.

alambik

Sorceror
A_Li_N said:
Some more info would be helpful. You could post in the script support with a crash log and some code and we could help you figure it out. Post and then give us a link.

Ok, I submited the problem description in the "scripts support" section... I'm not very familiar with the serialize/deserialize process :-/

Even if shadows are optional, it would be great to make it fully work :)

Thank's for any help!

i dont really get how to use this like i have mul patcher and everything i just dont know what to do to get that octonuker or w/e on my shard

dracana

Sorceror
Very cool. Will have to check this out.

Now you just need to make it so when you run over somebody, it has a chance to kill them and throw their body pieces all over the car!!! :p Anybody up for designing a Car Wash?

Jeefa

Wanderer
Well, the images are in french... and when i try and translate them, i get lower-right hand side or something like that. Could someone send me the BMPs that are in English? I dont mean to offend or anything, but i dont know french, lol.

LordHogFred

Knight
Jeefa said:
Well, the images are in french... and when i try and translate them, i get lower-right hand side or something like that. Could someone send me the BMPs that are in English? I dont mean to offend or anything, but i dont know french, lol.

Yeah if someone has the actual item ids for each image that would be useful :).

joshw

Sorceror
what would be nice is if this could be just a land based multi like a boat but land based dunno just a thought

HellRazor

Knight
joshw said:
what would be nice is if this could be just a land based multi like a boat but land based dunno just a thought

Or a flying carpet. Or a horse and carriage! Lots of possibilities for this.

HellRazor

Knight
Jeefa said:

Language tools over at google.com might help.

Sweet! Was wondering if anyone was gonna figure this out :) Thanks.

Very cool. Will have to check this out.

Now you just need to make it so when you run over somebody, it has a chance to kill them and throw their body pieces all over the car!!! :p Anybody up for designing a Car Wash?
lol that would be fun. :)

Heartless

Wanderer
uhh guys, i downloaded mul editor, i added the images, and saved again, like tutorial said... and when i add a octo now, i get a tile UNUSED :(

Viago

Knight
lol i think u missed a few steps

did you put the muo file in a rar? did you upload the file to a host so it can be downloaded as a patch? did you tell uog to link to the patch file to patch the client?