RunUO Community

This is a sample guest message. Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

~~~ Custom "Vehicles" class ~~~

alambik

Sorceror
Joeku said:
This is a neat script. I have a question: can you use Sea Charts to plot your course on the vehicle? If not, that would be a neat addition.

***EDIT***
Another neat addition would be if you could make the wheels move when the vehicle moves.

Also, are there any other vehicles besides the one in the picture/movie?

About sea charts: no sea chart.

Abou wheels, yes, by using the Alternate ID, but you must draw 8 more tiles, to give the "2 frames" moving effect. Work also for helicopters blades, or something like this.

alambik

Sorceror
I send no e-mail. Ask for one of your friend to download it for you. By the way, this is a RAR file, you should use a WinRAR to uncompress it for example (can be found through google).

Solinari555

Wanderer
Good god, there it is!

Dude, thank you a million times over for that Tutorial on making new art and animations. I have been trying to figure it out for months now! So now I can finally make a futuristic Ultima World. WOHOO!

ShadowCrow

Wanderer
has anyone made any other vehicle ??

I´ve made one,

A FERRARI .......

If someone start sharing ... i´ll share mine....

:)

very cool script....

I´m working on something in the same context of UO,

a ELEPHANT WAR ....

and later.. a moving catapult...

Drake.Pc.LoT

Wanderer
very neat, indeed, something i should look into, when i have time that is, busy with guilds on other games, such as FF11 D2 SC and AOE plus on normal UO, and UOG, kind of hard to keep up with them all, and tons of complaining, :smile: i advise no one become guildmaster of 6 guilds. not a very friendly sight, and very hard to remember everyones name. if i ever get the time, i'll try key word "key" to make something as cool as this thing, probably won't beable to, because of my time, but, i have no idea, perhaps a dodge viper? or....them doom buggies from Halo, wouldn't that be neat to see on Uo?

ShadowCrow

Wanderer
Drake.Pc.LoT said:
very neat, indeed, something i should look into, when i have time that is, busy with guilds on other games, such as FF11 D2 SC and AOE plus on normal UO, and UOG, kind of hard to keep up with them all, and tons of complaining, :smile: i advise no one become guildmaster of 6 guilds. not a very friendly sight, and very hard to remember everyones name. if i ever get the time, i'll try key word "key" to make something as cool as this thing, probably won't beable to, because of my time, but, i have no idea, perhaps a dodge viper? or....them doom buggies from Halo, wouldn't that be neat to see on Uo?

THAT IS A COOL IDEA !!!

The bungies from halo !!!

maybe one day i´ll do it..

as I said I´m working on something more appropriate to the UO context.. the medieval context....

Drake.Pc.LoT

Wanderer
yea i thought it would be neat, i was looking at the guy's car, and it reminded me of the Halo "bungie" so i started thinking that, random idea i suppose.

AasanDar

Wanderer
Has anybody started on a horse & cart yet?

Also.. with this script.. would it be possible to make it move without using the gump? Just, like, the same way you would on a horse.. by holding down the right mouse button..

Greystar

Wanderer
btw all the graphics needed for a moving catapult AND a working balista are already in the UO client all someone would have to do was script them.

ShadowCrow

Wanderer
Greystar said:
btw all the graphics needed for a moving catapult AND a working balista are already in the UO client all someone would have to do was script them.

I´ll do it after i finish my other project

alambik

Sorceror
ShadowCrow said:
If someone start sharing ... i´ll share mine....

I've already started to shared one, come one :)

aasandar said:
Has anybody started on a horse & cart yet?

Also.. with this script.. would it be possible to make it move without using the gump? Just, like, the same way you would on a horse.. by holding down the right mouse button..

For reality approach, I choosed to use a gump to move the vehicle to:
- allow speed/acceleration management
- limit the right/left command for turning

The Noob

Wanderer
Just thought I might have found a bit of an issue. I gave a few to my test players, and of course the first thing they do is run into a large group of hard monsters and get themselves killed. If you die while in the vehicles, the gump stays on your screen and there is not much of a way to remove it.

Good Job on the whole thing :)

AasanDar

Wanderer
alambik said:
For reality approach, I choosed to use a gump to move the vehicle to:
- allow speed/acceleration management
- limit the right/left command for turning

Ah.. makes sense. It would be easy enough to make it controllable just like any other 'mount' though right? Just for curiosity's sake.. your current vehicle w/control gump is great!

I`M shadowcrow,

i got banned from some stupid stuff.... oh well....

Alanbik,

as I said, i´ll start making the catapult ( you could help me with that) because no MUL editing is necessary, the images are already there !!!

In the image modifying, I´m making a WAR-ELEPHANT !! i´m stopped right now.. but i´ll get back on work when I go back to home....

thank you for your script....

my msn is [email protected], send me a message, i´ll send you the FERRARI I have made...

but i think cars are a little of the UO context,,,,

that is why i´m trying to do some related to UO to use it in my shard !!!

thank you !

ps: As much as i get banned, i´ll never leave this network!

Greystar

Wanderer
the cars are cause the author if this script is doing a post apocoliptic shard, yes it wouldnt be fore everyone but it might be usefull for some to get ideas from.